• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
acters like the secret characters previously, they don't show up on promotional boxart, images, etc. It's shaky, but it's the most interesting theory I've got until w
The box ia probably real, and won't change much from what is it now ... but i still like to think that there is a secret SURPRISE #70 character that won't get in the box because will be revealed near the end of november (Yeah i know.... 0 bases)

I read it. I 100% disagree that the marketing team is told anything like that. That is prone to leaks. It always does lead to leaks. It's HOW many games are leaked.
Absoultely, thank god they didn't do that and Simon Belmont, Ridley, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar didn't got leaked!

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
:ultdarkpit: Know very little of the character... the rifle idea seems neat though.

:ultlucina: Change side b (dancing blade) for either Ike's Quick draw or asomething similar with a Lance

:ultdaisy: final smash "HI I'M DAISY".

:ultrichter: someone on the Castlevania thread posted a great idea, that is giving slightly more startup lag to it's holy water but this one travels forward.

:ultroy: change his side special (dancing blade) for a fireball from his sword and counter works like corrin one that instead of a slash is a fiery explosion yeah, now chrom has an usable sword, but roy keeps da Pha1re!

:ultchrom: keeps dancing blade and slash counter, but now is more different to roy.

:ultdarksamus: down smash is now her assist trophy phazon explosion, slower start lag but have tons of range.

Let's say they allow one Square song that ISN'T from Final Fantasy into Midgar.

What do you choose? My choice:

The irony that one square enix song is posted and the video is taken down due to copyright...

Q-Long

Smash Lord
The box ia probably real, and won't change much from what is it now ... but i still like to think that there is a secret SURPRISE #70 character that won't get in the box because will be revealed near the end of november (Yeah i know.... 0 bases)

The irony that one square enix song is posted and the video is taken down due to copyright...
This sounds very Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 lol

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I think it says "Bandana W. Dee". Don't see a need to abbreviate it when "Rosalina & Luma" is just three letters shorter, but whatever.

I know I've said this before, but it makes me sad how nonexistent BWD has been during this speculation cycle. As soon as E3 hit, it's like he faded away from all discussion. Then again, I feel like this applies to several other popular characters too. Lord knows where Elma and Impa went.
I don't know how you could call Bandana Dee nonexistent in speculation when he has been at the forefront of it since the very beginning, one of the most frequent characters put into fake "leaks", and all the times everywhere those "hat Goomba" arguments played out. Just a few other characters rose to the top and have more people predicting them for various reasons, yet overall Bandana Dee has been by no means uncommon in predictions and has stuck around despite the lack of any credible leaks or anything else pointing in his direction, while support for him has remained consistently high.

As for Elma, the outright statement from Sakurai about referring to the Ballot for character selection put a huge damper on her, as her chances mostly hinged on being a premier Smash 4-esque "relevancy pick", while her game not releasing outside japan until after the Ballot concluded meant Ballot support for her was severely inhibited and thus she would be hard-pressed to make the roster focusing on fan demand without the pull of a franchise like Pokemon behind her.

As for Impa, most of her prior support/speculation stemmed from the desire for a Zelda newcomer in general. So with Skull Kid, a substantially more popular Zelda character, coming to the forefront and seeming a lot more probable, it's understandable she would get overshadowed. Additionally there hasn't been anything pointing towards her making the roster, though despite all that I still see her somewhat frequently when the topic of Echoes come up.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Not going to lie going back to Richter for a moment, i'm surprised he doesn't have fire on his smashes to reference his flame whip technique.

Saturn_Vampire_Killer_2.gif

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Not going to lie going back to Richter for a moment, i'm surprised he doesn't have fire on his smashes to reference his flame whip technique.
boi what is you doin someone best be @ing sakurai with this

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
didnt Gilgamesh shatter your boy's dream world.
My boi? Who is my boi? Or was this something you attempted to erase but Smashboards was like “Naw, be embarrassed.”

Edit: the embarrassment is mine. I get it now. Haha

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

View attachment 165028
Maybe it could be in his Forward Smash? Charges up the whip until it lights on fire and then lashes it away.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
YOU HAVE A BOI?!!!

Embrace it!!!
I mean...I do, but I don’t know that most people here are privy to it exactly. I don’t talk about him a lot. Our relationship is....well I’ve killed or sealed him away soooo many times.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

View attachment 165028
That's something I think should really get added to Smash.

Bonuses for managing to charge a Smash all the way.
Like, imagine if Link got a lighting effect to reference Urbosa's fury when fully charged or Ike got a blade beam.

D

Deleted member

I've been listening to Katamari Damacy's soundtrack recently after seeing the remaster announcement, and after hearing songs like this...:

...I now want the Prince as a playable character just so he can bring this amazing soundtrack with him. Also, the idea of rolling everyone in Smash into a giant ball is amusing to me.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That's something I think should really get added to Smash.

Bonuses for managing to charge a Smash all the way.
Like, imagine if Link got a lighting effect to reference Urbosa's fury when fully charged or Ike got a blade beam.
I agree, give Luigi like SOME sort of reference to Thunderhand finally with his weird stabby hand.

Among many others.

D

Deleted member

I've been listening to Katamari Damacy's soundtrack recently after seeing the remaster announcement, and after hearing songs like this...:

...I now want the Prince as a playable character just so he can bring this amazing soundtrack with him. Also, the idea of rolling everyone in Smash into a giant ball is amusing to me.
Katamari on the Rocks has always been a staple of my modpacks for both Brawl and Smash 4. I'd be more than okay with the Prince.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Gonna make a bold prediction:
Shadow won't just be an echo. He'll be fighter #69. I think he'll be a wolf style semi clone like Isabelle.

Putting aside my personal disdain for Sonic, if any 3rd party series deserves a second unique fighter it's Sonic. I legitimately believe this is going to happen.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It makes me want to do this.

*covers eye*No, wait! I'm allergic to adorableness! *opens eyes, picture is still there* Aww...
*tombstone* Here Lies P.Kat. Put Amaterasu, Elma, Sora, and Shantae in Smash Ultimate Sakurai, Please.
Let's say they allow one Square song that ISN'T from Final Fantasy into Midgar.

What do you choose? My choice:

This masterpiece.
This image's been going around...

View attachment 165015

At first I laughed, but then...

Daisy... ???... Isabelle... Ridley...

Echo... Echo..? Newcomer... Newcomer...

Jazz...

Oh lord.
Jazz in Smash?...

NO!
I'm a sucker for this kind of tracks in Smash, like Calling to the Night and Midna's Lament
I would definitely set the chance for this to play up to maxim in Smash Ultimate.
I'm gonna be honest, never played tekken, but i've really warmed up to the concept of heihachi being a character in smash and i'm kinda rooting for him now, before I was afriad the roster would be samey, but with krool, simon and isabelle, this has definitely made me appreciate someone like heihachi being in smash more.

If anything Smash and by extension the speculation season has been pretty good free marketing for these guys, they made me more interested in actually playing a castlevania or tekken game for once lmao.
I honestly would prefer Ling Xiaoyu, instead of Heihachi, considering we have yet to get a character, who uses Kung Fu. If we did have to get a Karate based character other than Ryu (technically) I'd rather Jin Kazama personally than Heihachi.
:ultdarkpit: - Dark Pit Staff is now his neutral B, it has a narrow hitbox, but you can charge it to increase it's width and power.
:ultlucina: - Brave Lance as her Side-B, it works like Fox Illusion, however if you hit B again it'll stop her movement and slash out with a second stronger attack. This is in reference to how the Brave Lance works in Fire Emblem.
That would be amazing if Sakurai actually change their moves like that, I'd take it in an instant. It makes no sense for Dark Pit to have his staff, and not use it.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shadow won't just be an echo. He'll be fighter #69. I think he'll be a wolf style semi clone like Isabelle.

Putting aside my personal disdain for Sonic, if any 3rd party series deserves a second unique fighter it's Sonic. I legitimately believe this is going to happen.
If Sonic gets a second unique character it better ****ing not be Shadow.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
*walks into the smashboards bar* Hey gang. It's ya Boi.

I just finished my music crusade into figuring out the (roughly) 800 music tracks Sakurai stated in 8.8 Smash Direct.

Special thanks to ColietheGoalie for some assistance on their part! (Many thanks)

First and for most https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPV9w39J0E&t=1s Gamexplain's 183 track video helped with noticing a pattern and getting the music identified. Out of the 183 tracks, 84 of them are original to Ultimate (Remixes, CastleV and Splatoon) which means, 99 were from the past games.

So with this in mind, I looked at Sm4sh's tracks and did a mock up (to say the least) of what the potential numbers are so far.

Sm4sh's total tracks is 480 WITHOUT menus, special games, etc.

Combine those with Gamexplain's findings you get 564 tracks SO FAR to Ultimate. However, in the Smash Direct we get a glimpse of the music select/listen screen. Now lets compare a thing or two. In Sm4sh Kirby had 26 tracks for his stages. In Ultimate, he has 39 tracks. We know of one track on the official Smash Site, but there is still more to account for. Street Fighter had 6 tracks in Sm4sh and now has a whopping 36 tracks!

Now with this in mind and combining things to 'work' the number I had was 678 music tracks in Ultimate so far. Now add the 12 weeks with updated music the total is 690.

Now, I am not saying this is definite or not, but considering if all the music from Sm4sh never got replaced (And yes, music from Melee and Brawl are included in Sm4sh).

However, there are stages that came back from Brawl and others we have not seen in ages. (Shadow Moses Island, Hanenbow) So there music needs to be considered as well.

--Long story short...maybe its time to keep expectations down. I really hate to be that guy. I love being optimistic, but looking through and comparing where tracks are and not going, its hit me like a ton of bricks.

Am I upset? Not at all. This game is going to be an amazing experience (Especially listening to all that music, Nostalgia overload)

All I ever wanted was the truth...and I have found it.

EDIT: Just trying to figure out how to get to 800 music tracks with what remixes we know, what music from Ultimate we know and the possibility that ALL of Sm4sh's music is in Ultimate.

EDIT EDIT: Sakurai said in his Famitsu post about music and said that the 800 music tracks was NOT the final for the stages...Have a little bit of hope now.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

I mean I'd love for that to happen, buuuuut... I myself have gotten my hopes down a little bit.

:( it's weird when someone who isn't big on Sonic is more confident on someone, than someone who likes it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Idon Idon Opossum Opossum

I don't think either of you would like to KO Lyn like as shown here.
I mean, I don't dislike Lyn, but she's actually my least favorite of the FE7 lord trio, if I'm being honest. :p And even then Hector's the only one of the three to reach my top forty favorites from the franchise in general.

Lyn's neat though. Wasn't sure if she'd be KO-able. Has anyone been able to tell if she got redubbed by Wendee Lee for Smash, or are they still using the unfitting Brawl clips?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My final prediction still for Base Roster is

Unique Fighters: Geno (70), Incineroar(69)
Echo Fighters: Dixie Kong(36e), Impa(16e), Ken(60e), Shadow(38e)

Rounding out to 80. 70 unique fighters, 10 echo fighters.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
*walks into the smashboards bar* Hey gang. It's ya Boi.

I just finished my music crusade into figuring out the (roughly) 800 music tracks Sakurai stated in 8.8 Smash Direct.

Special thanks to ColietheGoalie for some assistance on their part! (Many thanks)

First and for most https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRPV9w39J0E&t=1s Gamexplain's 183 track video helped with noticing a pattern and getting the music identified. Out of the 183 tracks, 84 of them are original to Ultimate (Remixes, CastleV and Splatoon) which means, 99 were from the past games.

So with this in mind, I looked at Sm4sh's tracks and did a mock up (to say the least) of what the potential numbers are so far.

Sm4sh's total tracks is 480 WITHOUT menus, special games, etc.

Combine those with Gamexplain's findings you get 564 tracks SO FAR to Ultimate. However, in the Smash Direct we get a glimpse of the music select/listen screen. Now lets compare a thing or two. In Sm4sh Kirby had 26 tracks for his stages. In Ultimate, he has 39 tracks. We know of one track on the official Smash Site, but there is still more to account for. Street Fighter had 6 tracks in Sm4sh and now has a whopping 36 tracks!

Now with this in mind and combining things to 'work' the number I had was 678 music tracks in Ultimate so far. Now add the 12 weeks with updated music the total is 690.

Now, I am not saying this is definite or not, but considering if all the music from Sm4sh never got replaced (And yes, music from Melee and Brawl are included in Sm4sh).

However, there are stages that came back from Brawl and others we have not seen in ages. (Shadow Moses Island, Hanenbow) So there music needs to be considered as well.

--Long story short...maybe its time to keep expectations down. I really hate to be that guy. I love being optimistic, but looking through and comparing where tracks are and not going, its hit me like a ton of bricks.

Am I upset? Not at all. This game is going to be an amazing experience (Especially listening to all that music, Nostalgia overload)

All I ever wanted was the truth...and I have found it.
Wait, so we've still got over 100 potential new songs from new series?
I don't think many expected more or less. There obviously won't be more than, say, 2 or 3 new franchises if any.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

You have no idea how happy I was to see Katamari make a comeback on the Switch.
After Namco did all of those weird touch only Katamari games for phones and Vita, they completely abandoned the IP. It felt like there was no hope for Katamari to return.
With Katamari coming to Switch, I don't feel as obligated to pull out my PS2 now. Katamari Damacy is now on the same system as Smash, and that still blows my mind.
I just want to see a Katamari song appear on Electroplankton. That's the perfect stage for Katamari music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom