• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So kind of like ProtonMail, and two characters line up with the PM leak too...we’ll see what happens come the 24th

Isn’t TGS around that time?
The day after TGS ends as a matter of fact.

Good thing about this leak is that it's got a deadline that's relatively soon.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Nah that's not a Big Bang attack, that's just a blue energy ball

He does this when he threatens Supreme Kai in the Buu arc.

View attachment 165018
Keep up the future Gohan propaganda buddy. Does not get enough respect.

In regards to TGS, I could totally see the anouncement of the next direct there. I think this leak banks off of that fact to make themselves more legtitimate.

Of course it could be legit though.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just remember to take this thotful advice.

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
:ultdarkpit: - I guess replace Neutral B with DP Staff
:ultlucina: - Gets a multi hit jab, similar to Young Link, can be cancelled into Dancing Blade
:ultdaisy: - idk
:ultrichter: - Hydro Storm as a Final Smash or Pocket Watch replaces Holy Water (works like Witch Time)
:ultchrom: - Dancing Blade replaced with Quick Draw, comes out quicker and goes a longer distance than Ike's but not as powerful
:ultdarksamus:- idk give it phazon somewhere

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Keep up the future Gohan propaganda buddy. Does not get enough respect.
Haha thanks, Future Gohan is probably my favorite version of him, although I do like the other adult Gohan because he's a huge dork too.

My favorites in DB tend to be the humans so I have mixed feelings on stuff after OG DB, even if I do enjoy a lot of it haha.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
:ultrichter: - Hydro Storm as a Final Smash or Pocket Watch replaces Holy Water (works like Witch Time)
I don't think a character with the range of Richter Belmont needs anything close to Witch Time in his kit. :p

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
I'd give :ultdarkpit: his staff as his neutral B

:ultlucina: would be given a javelin as her neutral B

:ultdaisy: Her Mario Strikers special shot

:ultrichter: Roundhouse Kick instead of Axe

:ultchrom: A bow and to differ it from Pit and Links, it'd be more for power, think Link's power shot custom from Smash 4.

:ultdarksamus: Some Phazon shockwaves with smash attacks.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I feel for all of you who also know they can’t get their most wanted in.

Would this not have been the best Ganon?
BEFBDEE5-CE04-4B47-BBC3-9C4E63910CA1.jpeg

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nah that's not a Big Bang attack, that's just a blue energy ball

He does this when he threatens Supreme Kai in the Buu arc.

View attachment 165018
But I don't remember Goku ever putting all of his fingers together like he does in the image in question. Granted, DB/Z/GT/Super has a lot of reference material, so I could have just missed a time that he did it, but the fingers-together ki blast is pretty distinctly Vegeta and some other baddies. Goku keeps his fingers open.

Not arguing the arm in the picture belongs to Vegeta. Just a visual inconsistency.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
:ultdarkpit: - Dark Pit Staff is now his neutral B, it has a narrow hitbox, but you can charge it to increase it's width and power.
:ultlucina: - Brave Lance as her Side-B, it works like Fox Illusion, however if you hit B again it'll stop her movement and slash out with a second stronger attack. This is in reference to how the Brave Lance works in Fire Emblem.
:ultdaisy: - Her neutral B could be changed to something to reference the sports games, such as putting a golf ball at an opponent, you could probably angle it at opponents or different directions.
:ultrichter: - Make his FS Hydro Storm. Not sure what else I'd give him tbh.
:ultchrom: - Make his Side-B as a Javelin. It'd give him a projectile and allow him to differentiate himself more from Roy.
:ultdarksamus: - Like others said, give her a "Phazon effect" which makes her specials damage characters over time, until she gets hit or it wears off. If not, instead of the bombs give her the tendrils that shoot out of the ground as her Down-B, to use as a "get off me" tool.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
But I don't remember Goku ever putting all of his fingers together like he does in the image in question. Granted, DB/Z/GT/Super has a lot of reference material, so I could have just missed a time that he did it, but the fingers-together ki blast is pretty distinctly Vegeta and some other baddies. Goku keeps his fingers open.

Not arguing the arm in the picture belongs to Vegeta. Just a visual inconsistency.
Yeah it's a bit odd, probably the artist didn't spend too long worrying about it either.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
:ultdarkpit: - Brawl Up Special
:ultlucina: - Take out Dancing Blade, and implement it as normals for her.
:ultdaisy: - Loses float, gains triple jump
:ultrichter: - Hydro Storm
:ultchrom: - Give him Melee Flare Blade hitboxes (the blade is what hits, not the explosion)
:ultdarksamus: - Phazon, which works like Poison, alá White Pikmin.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be honest, never played tekken, but i've really warmed up to the concept of heihachi being a character in smash and i'm kinda rooting for him now, before I was afriad the roster would be samey, but with krool, simon and isabelle, this has definitely made me appreciate someone like heihachi being in smash more.

If anything Smash and by extension the speculation season has been pretty good free marketing for these guys, they made me more interested in actually playing a castlevania or tekken game for once lmao.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I think it's all dependant on how much said person believes in the Gods and Ryu is a spiritual type. I don't know the cut-off for how much you gotta believe for her to show up as a God tho.
Yep, either that or she's completely out of ink, and she reverted to the form of a normal wolf.
Saber for smash is a meme in the japanese community, like Sans is here.
Really? Cause meme or not I'd would love to have her in Smash. Wielding an invisible sword, and blasting foes with wind and light magic? Yes please.
Speaking of Isabelle, how does this drawing make you feel?
Oh shoot, I don't like them odds, things don't look good...

for the chumps attacking Isabelle (except for Isaac and Shantae, they're not chumps).

They would of had a slight (1%) chance of winning, if Goku didn't use a KI blast move, all Isabelle has to do is pocket the KI blast,

And she pockets the win.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
He's got Aether and no base tipper, that's pretty different already.
Outside of one special, Chrom is very similar to three characters already on the roster.
Sue me, I just want to see more unique and diverse character movesets on the roster.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultlucina: - Brave Lance as her Side-B, it works like Fox Illusion, however if you hit B again it'll stop her movement and slash out with a second stronger attack. This is in reference to how the Brave Lance works in Fire Emblem.
That...

...is an incredibly good idea.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
On an unrelated note, seems like one will be able to purchase the online subscription with My Nintendo golden coins, it means that if you're buying around 7 games a year, you'll have enough coins to get it without spending more. https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/17/17870186/nintendo-switch-online-price-my-nintendo-gold-coins

I'll probably be doing this, since i'll never surrender into paying for online with money, i'd rather keep buying my games like i usually do and accumulate small "refunds" to use towards the service.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Everyone was expecting Yoshi's ****ing Island but instead we get Waluigi's ****ing Garden.
At least we now know where he gets the herbs for his ****ing Taco Stand.

ok jeez I’ll stop

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
He's got Aether and no base tipper, that's pretty different already.
Yeah ngl, Chrom not having to worry about the hilt makes his use of Roy's moveset almost entirely change how it's utlized.

His Aether is even unique, because he doesn't throw the sword, unfortunately this means he can't shark like Ike can, I can only wonder if Chrom's aether will be possible to chain from a throw, because Roy's throws in Smash 4 were very short distance so he could get a followup.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh shoot, I don't like them odds, things don't look good...

for the chumps attacking Isabelle (except for Isaac and Shantae, they're not chumps).

They would of had a slight (1%) chance of winning, if Goku didn't use a KI blast move, all Isabelle has to do is pocket the KI blast,

And she pockets the win.
Oh, so she can absorb his energy?

Neat.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Let's say they allow one Square song that ISN'T from Final Fantasy into Midgar.

What do you choose? My choice:

I will shill Ogre Battle and Ogre Battle 64 any chance I get. Granted this is from the Enix side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom