• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Did I miss anything vital from the past 10 hours?

I don't see us talking about boxes, so that's a good sign.

I fear it'll be like this for a while, unless a very credible leak comes out, Verge comments, or Nintendo actually shows some stuff.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Incineroar and Isabelle are now dating.

There's a 4chan leak going around saying a direct next Wednesday for Smash.

But most importantly Isabelle and Incineroar are the latest celebritiy couple.

Also they're lesbians.
I thought Isabelle was Mayoral-sexual.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What exactly happened if I may ask?
We're not entirely sure ourselves. It's a combination of crippling anxiety and panic attacks. It's gotten severe enough that a loved one of his is posting on his behalf at the moment.

Though I think it would be best to talk about this in the thread itself rather than here.

What are your guys' personal opinions of Bill Rizer from Contra getting into Smash?
Would be neat, but somehow I don't think he'd be able to get in there.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah that was low even for me, sorry.

So, another leak just appeared:

Thoughts?
This one has been reposted multiple times with minor details changed. I think I counted it twice before I caught that and just stopped counting it. It's standard fare really.

Also, I'd advise to all of you that instead of posting "leaks" as they happen, wait and bring them in sets like I did. It gives the "leakers" less exposure, which is exactly what they want. Also, if you want to use the words, make sure to put quotes around it. It's okay to entertain them being true, but don't give them the entire benefit of the doubt.

Why would we have TWO directs in the same month? Idk, has that ever been done?

No Incineroar or Ken, so I'm tempted to call fake, but at the same time...wasn't there a Smash Direct leak around the 24-26th that said Heihachi and Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia?

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon got a link to said leak?
They've done Nindies Directs shortly before regular/Smash ones, so there's some precedent.

Here's a link to the "leak" in question.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just remember to take this thotful advice.

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
:ultdarkpit:: Down B is now Dark Pit Staff
:ultlucina:: Side B is Aether which functions like Ike's Side B
:ultdaisy:: No Toad Neutral B, she now errr.. has a sort of flower as her shield?
:ultrichter:: I got nothing
:ultchrom:: Overall less running speed than Roy, but a little more strenght
:ultdarksamus:: Phazon effects on her projectile moves, meaning people hit by it can get additional damage over time for a little bit. This on the cost of some overall KO power.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
What are your guys' personal opinions of Bill Rizer from Contra getting into Smash?
I would love an assist trophy and a Contra cameo song on either a Metroid stage or Shadow Moses.

A lot of iconic 3rd party stuff in Smash Ultimate. Its sad stuff like Contra and Double Dragon died, cause I think they deserve something in Smash

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Ok but who’s the knight with the laser finger and the guy with the blue energy ball

EDIT: Just realized energy man is Goku but idk who the Knight man is
The “guy with the blue energy ball” is actually Chun-Li preparing a Kikouken. The “knight with the laser finger” is Geno.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This image's been going around...

68f.png

At first I laughed, but then...

Daisy... ???... Isabelle... Ridley...

Echo... Echo..? Newcomer... Newcomer...

Jazz...

Oh lord.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This one has been reposted multiple times with minor details changed. I think I counted it twice before I caught that and just stopped counting it. It's standard fare really.

Also, I'd advise to all of you that instead of posting "leaks" as they happen, wait and bring them in sets like I did. It gives the "leakers" less exposure, which is exactly what they want. Also, if you want to use the words, make sure to put quotes around it. It's okay to entertain them being true, but don't give them the entire benefit of the doubt.

They've done Nindies Directs shortly before regular/Smash ones, so there's some precedent.

Here's a link to the "leak" in question.
Quick question re: Heihachi and Lloyd leak: what’s a “PGP key”?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Quick question re: Heihachi and Lloyd leak: what’s a “PGP key”?
Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) is an encryption program that provides cryptographic privacy and authentication for data communication. PGP is used for signing, encrypting, and decrypting texts, e-mails, files, directories, and whole disk partitions and to increase the security of e-mail communications.
Source

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Idk. Chun-Li’s bracelet has spikes, and the guy in the picture and Goku’s are just blue.
It's pretty obviously supposed to be Goku, though he's using a move that's typically Vegeta's.

I've seen no real talk of Nintendo attending TGS.

Do we expect anything to come of it?
They said they were strictly there for business purposes, not promotional purposes. They're still not going to be "at TGS" in the way they've always been.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yes. It's the day after the Tokyo Game Show.
It stands to chance that Lloyd and Heihachi could be shown behind closed doors at TGS and then revealed to the public afterwards. We'll see what comes out of TGS and whether this is true or not soon.
I've seen no real talk of Nintendo attending TGS.

Do we expect anything to come of it?
https://kotaku.com/nintendo-attending-the-tokyo-game-show-but-only-for-bu-1827338150
https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-is-appearing-for-the-first-time-at-tokyo-game-show-with-a-catch/

Nothing will likely come out of it, but we can certainly hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom