• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
what are you trying to say?
having geno rep SE is like representingView attachment 165003 Street fighter. Yes people like him but he's more fan theory importance than company icon. I just have a hard time with geno as a rep when a character like sepiroth and chrono have theme music bigger than his entire existence as a character.
I didn't put the Street FIghter character's name for a reason. only old time hardcore fans know or care who that is.
Hey don't diss the best SFIII character

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Uh..... guys? Is this real life?
Based on the numerical ordering and the lines ending in DHD and Villager, this CSS is a 6x12 grid with Bandana Dee being the only new addition. No new echoes fit in anywhere.

Make of that what you will. I don't think it's real for a second though.

Potato_

Smash Lord
List of notable thots:
-Fox(Melee)
-All of the Arthurian Knights except Mordred
-Todd Coward
-Waluigi
-King Dedede
-Ridley(Fake CSS leak, circa June 2014)
-Edmond Dantes aka The Count of Monte Cristo
-Prince Vorkken
-Madara Uchiha
-Madara Uchiha(Edo Tensei)
-Madara Uchiha(Rinnesharingan)
-Madara Uchiha(Ten Tails Jinchuuriki)
-@Cutie Gwen
HEY

Todd's gonna port Skyrim right into your goddamn brain for saying that ****.

My gif isn't working but imagine a gif of Todd saying degenerates from E3 2018 here.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
what are you trying to say?
having geno rep SE is like representingView attachment 165003 Street fighter. Yes people like him but he's more fan theory importance than company icon. I just have a hard time with geno as a rep when a character like sepiroth and chrono have theme music bigger than his entire existence as a character.
I didn't put the Street FIghter character's name for a reason. only old time hardcore fans know or care who that is.
A bit different from Q.

Having Q represent SF? Odd, because that's one series. Not an entire company. It has a defined main character. SE doesn't, because it's a company.
Geno has a sort of fondness in the Smash fanbase that has lasted for over a decade now. He's kinda risen above a simple obscure-y.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Saber for smash is a meme in the japanese community, like Sans is here.
I can't put my finger on why, but it feels like Sans would have bigger chances than her.

Also, Magnemite is their equivalent of Wurmple over there.

Wait, is there shipping discussion going on?

Wrong thread...
Actually, this IS the Ultimate thread...

At least it's not poof stuff like last time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if I see a girl and think nothing of it at the time?
Then later think inappropriately about her?
Is she now an afterthot?

I wonder how boxes and magazines are going to affect the state of leakers now?
Just remember to take this thotful advice.

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
Ooooh can I play? I’d turn Dark Samus’ down special into a Fox Illusion esque move because the main thing I remember about her boss battles was her ping ponging all over the place in morph ball mode :D

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

I wish Dark Samus had a scatter shot instead of a power shot, it could be shorter ranged and far less knock back but do more damage and pierce through enemies. You wouldn’t even need to change the charge up animation, just the projectile model and projectile paths.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Yeah because Sean sucked so much he got replaced by his sister
yeah hard to disagree.
for those that dont get it imagine if we got a marth clone with no dancing blade. thats what sean is to ryu. and no not REPLACED just nothing in its place.

D

Deleted member

Aurane Aurane @Shishœ
Why do you two have the exact same avatar? It's confusing.
Because we're part of the Isabelle Revolution Army
HEY

Todd's gonna port Skyrim right into your goddamn brain for saying that ****.

That's just his name though.

I'll bring back my idea for Todd Coward as a fighter in Smash:

Todd Coward
Neutral B - Devour: Todd opens his mouth and vores the opponent, dealing double damage if they haven't bought Skyrim yet.
Side B - Port: Todd makes a copy of himself in front of him, who acts like a Nana while it's out, but will disappear if hit. He can make as many copies as he wants.
Up B - "Have you bought Skyrim yet?": Todd teleports behind his opponent with a copy of Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch™ in hand. Pressing the button again will make him shove the cartridge down his opponent's throat, dealing damage and poisoning them.
Down B - Cowardly: Todd prepares a counter and if hit, will counter with a port of Skyrim.

Final Smash - Skyrim
The screen goes black, trapping all opponents in it, then a "Bethesda presents" appears in the screen. Suddenly, the fighters find themselves fighting on top of a wagon transporting some prisoners...

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
If Dante come into the game I suggest renaming the game by ...

... Super Smash Bros Ultimate Five Ex Alpha Third Strike Hyper Turbo and Knuckles featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wait am I reading "BANDANA WADEE" there? Literally who shortens it like that? But yeah, I'd like to see that little guy playable but blurry pics are always suspect rip
I think it says "Bandana W. Dee". Don't see a need to abbreviate it when "Rosalina & Luma" is just three letters shorter, but whatever.

I know I've said this before, but it makes me sad how nonexistent BWD has been during this speculation cycle. As soon as E3 hit, it's like he faded away from all discussion. Then again, I feel like this applies to several other popular characters too. Lord knows where Elma and Impa went.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Todd Coward
Neutral B - Devour: Todd opens his mouth and vores the opponent, dealing double damage if they haven't bought Skyrim yet.
Side B - Port: Todd makes a copy of himself in front of him, who acts like a Nana while it's out, but will disappear if hit. He can make as many copies as he wants.
Up B - "Have you bought Skyrim yet?": Todd teleports behind his opponent with a copy of Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch™ in hand. Pressing the button again will make him shove the cartridge down his opponent's throat, dealing damage and poisoning them.
Down B - Cowardly: Todd prepares a counter and if hit, will counter with a port of Skyrim.

Final Smash - Skyrim
The screen goes black, trapping all opponents in it, then a "Bethesda presents" appears in the screen. Suddenly, the fighters find themselves fighting on top of a wagon transporting some prisoners...
Oh my god shish you can't give yourself the same initials as the Irish Republican Army

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it says "Bandana W. Dee". Don't see a need to abbreviate it when "Rosalina & Luma" is just three letters shorter, but whatever.

I know I've said this before, but it makes me sad how nonexistent BWD has been during this speculation cycle. As soon as E3 hit, it's like he faded away from all discussion. Then again, I feel like this applies to several other popular characters too. Lord knows where Elma and Impa went.
I know, right? You can't even bring up Shantae without getting laughed at. Not even Funky being an Echo possibility has gotten any traction these days.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

I will accept your advice without a second thot.
....kinda busy with the first one.

Oh....topics. Riiiiight.
3E13C099-6307-4657-BC14-41A7103C129B.jpeg

I don’t know enough about Dark Pit, but anything canon to him like his staff would be cool.

I wouldn’t know what to do about Lucina.

I would change Daisy’s float with an animation that looks like she’s skipping on thin air.

I would make Richter faster, less powerful and change projectile trajectories.

I would change Chrom’s counter to a reflect just so one of the sword fighter has an edge on projectile users.

I would alter soooo much about Dark Samus.
I would make her jab a short range rapid fire.
I would change her charge shot to a charge attack that releases energy orbs around her briefly. The longer the charge, the longer they stick around. I don’t know, I wouldn’t have made her a strict echo, that’s for sure.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Todd Coward

Final Smash - Skyrim

You know what? I'll take it.

Chrono.

yeah hard to disagree.
for those that dont get it imagine if we got a marth clone with no dancing blade. thats what sean is to ryu. and no not REPLACED just nothing in its place.
The interesting thing about that is that Sean was broken-good in SF3 NG and Second Impact. Despite the absence of a fire ball that doesn't burn meter.

But that wasn't the intention, Capcom wanted him to be an intentionally weaker character so they nerfed him to oblivion in 3rd Strike. He's pretty much bottom tier now.

In the Online Edition of 3rd Strike you can sorta restore him to his 2nd Impact self, sort of.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/132051

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
So uh, what are some Nintendo characters that you'd like to see in Smash?
for me, it's him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultdarkpit: gets his own guidance (but it’s strictly Pit and Viridi who’s giving him advice)
:ultlucina: gains FE Heroes alts
:ultdaisy: literally kills people
:ultrichter:...gains recognition
:ultchrom: gets insta-ko’d by all Falcon Punches
:ultdarksamus: is more dark
[QUOTE="Nethermoosen, post: 22445818, member: 401647"I don’t know enough about Dark Pit, but anything canon to him like his staff would be cool.[/QUOTE]
Final Smash and that’s it (whatever Pit uses, he uses aswell...except for all sacred treasures)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So did anything happen in the last three hours?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The box art theory is outright nihilistic. I highly doubt that there will be only one more reveal trailer, and for the obligatory newest gen Pokemon at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom