• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah that was low even for me, sorry.

So, another leak just appeared:

Thoughts?
I hate "leaks" like this. The "too good to be true" ones that get people's hopes up to the point that getting a cast of roughly 70 characters, including Ridley and K. Rool, is somehow regarded as a disappointment.

Wish fulfillment fantasies need not disguise themselves as "leaks".

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Convenient for Verg that any time he's ever wrong or misses anything he can always pin it on "I wasn't told for some reason" or "my trusted source was wrong" and people can keep hanging on his every word.
I don’t think anything else explains him having inside info on multiple games that aren’t released.
If he was an insider to only one game, then I would assume he is his own source.

Any confidence in a leaker, regardless, is assumption and I am aware of that. If he ends up wrong, I won’t be baffled or torn up about it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would be VERY okay with that.

They have. They specified a Smash Direct. We've had normal Directs and specific directs in the same month before.

Don't take Verge as 100% right, he usually gets a handful of things wrong for any leaks he does..not to mention things change, like we saw with the Gematsu leak last time.
Not to mention that Nindies thing last month, if I do recall.

MainJPW

M.T.A
You know a friend of mine said this kind of fanart bugs him and it bugs me now too, I'm used to Isabelle being stubby, not having realistic humanoid features like curves
This ones pretty tame, It’s not as bad as the lewd stuff I think. I’m the same way when it comes to Sonic characters in all honesty.

I just accept that people adapt characters in their own art styles differently. Lets them express themselves.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Bayonetta.
a 'thot' is basically a slang for sex worker

ex: bayo mains are tier thots.
What dudebros call women to convince themselves that women want them
Also how the **** did I make a post 2 minutes after my previous one and have it go ABOVE that post?
Basically it means someone you shouldn't be thinking about, but are.

Like, lets say you have a girlfriend, but you see some hot chick walking down the street and you're thinking about her in ways you probably shouldn't.

The girl is now a "thot."

Though because people are dumbasses and don't understand context, it means any pretty girl nowadays.
Yeah, considering my history I probably shouldn’t have asked in that case ;)

GWEN I thought you had me on ignore because you dropped a BOMBSHELL (Sylux being in Prime 4 like omg) and never responded when I asked you to elaborate :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Convenient for Verg that any time he's ever wrong or misses anything he can always pin it on "I wasn't told for some reason" or "my trusted source was wrong" and people can keep hanging on his every word.
Here's the thing about being a leaker: you're only as good as the info you're being given.

Not saying I do or don't believe Verg. Honestly, I don't care. We're going to know the roster, minimum, by Dec. 7th. We all need to chill.

That said, I personally know someone with occasional ties to Capcom that has fed me Resident Evil news when he hears it, because he knows I'm such a huge fan. I don't go shouting this out to be a "leaker", but I can say, for instance, that I knew about a spin-off game starring Claire before Revelations 2 was announced, but I did not know about RE7, because that was so secret that my source didn't know it either.

Leakers themselves aren't the insiders; they just know insiders. If they were the ones who signed those nondisclosure agreements, they sure as hell wouldn't be leaking anything themselves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For the record, he's stated he believes in an SE Rep, as you know, so you can still speculate as much as you want box or not.
But I don't care about any potential Square Enix "rep". Maybe a slight preference for Geno over the others, but I really don't care either way.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I’m liking the fan art. I kinda like the idea of the Star Fox crew hitting on her.

With a disapproving Killager ready to pounce. Such a good friend.
xD Oh God, Katt and Krystal are gonna be furious about this!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, considering my history I probably shouldn’t have asked in that case ;)

GWEN I thought you had me on ignore because you dropped a BOMBSHELL (Sylux being in Prime 4 like omg) and never responded when I asked you to elaborate :p
This dumbass thread moves too goddamn fast I can't even keep up with alerts. But what do you need elaboration on?

D

Deleted member

List of notable thots:
-Fox(Melee)
-All of the Arthurian Knights except Mordred
-Todd Coward
-Waluigi
-King Dedede
-Ridley(Fake CSS leak, circa June 2014)
-Edmond Dantes aka The Count of Monte Cristo
-Prince Vorkken
-Madara Uchiha
-Madara Uchiha(Edo Tensei)
-Madara Uchiha(Rinnesharingan)
-Madara Uchiha(Ten Tails Jinchuuriki)
-@Cutie Gwen

blackghost

Smash Champion
Excuse you? Excuse me for excusing you? Is it even right to excuse this? Ouch, man.
View attachment 164955
what are you trying to say?
having geno rep SE is like representing
download.jpg
Street fighter. Yes people like him but he's more fan theory importance than company icon. I just have a hard time with geno as a rep when a character like sepiroth and chrono have theme music bigger than his entire existence as a character.
I didn't put the Street FIghter character's name for a reason. only old time hardcore fans know or care who that is.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Basically it means someone you shouldn't be thinking about, but are.

Like, lets say you have a girlfriend, but you see some hot chick walking down the street and you're thinking about her in ways you probably shouldn't.

The girl is now a "thot."

Though because people are dumbasses and don't understand context, it means any pretty girl nowadays.
What if I see a girl and think nothing of it at the time?
Then later think inappropriately about her?
Is she now an afterthot?

I wonder how boxes and magazines are going to affect the state of leakers now?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
a 'thot' is basically a slang for sex worker

ex: bayo mains are tier thots.
I know that example is probably in jest, but it still makes me sad.

My favorite DBZ character is Bardock. It's always been Bardock. All I wanted in FighterZ was Bardock. Now that he's in, he's objectively the best character in the game and everyone's sick of him.

I didn't ask for this. I just really, really, really wanted Bardock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom