• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
On an unrelated note, seems like one will be able to purchase the online subscription with My Nintendo golden coins, it means that if you're buying around 7 games a year, you'll have enough coins to get it without spending more. https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/17/17870186/nintendo-switch-online-price-my-nintendo-gold-coins

I'll probably be doing this, since i'll never surrender into paying for online with money, i'd rather keep buying my games like i usually do and accumulate small "refunds" to use towards the service.
I don’t think I would have enough to buy where I wouldn’t be overextending.
Can we pay part in coins?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
On an unrelated note, seems like one will be able to purchase the online subscription with My Nintendo golden coins, it means that if you're buying around 7 games a year, you'll have enough coins to get it without spending more. https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/17/17870186/nintendo-switch-online-price-my-nintendo-gold-coins

I'll probably be doing this, since i'll never surrender into paying for online with money, i'd rather keep buying my games like i usually do and accumulate small "refunds" to use towards the service.
Caveat in that they have to be 7 digital games because you get 5x fewer points for redeeming physical purchases.

But yeah, this is actually good news for NS Online. If you buy every AAA Nintendo first party game each year, which is around 7, your membership is paid for by your loyalty. Which is kind of cool for a business practice.

Switch seems designed for full digital libraries given the flexible nature of it. I just wish I could find a big enough SD card for all the third party stuff ;/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The DBZ talk is becoming off-topic. Please take it to a Social thread. Remember, small tangents if they come up are fine, don't let it get out of hand though. We aren't that hyper strict here.

For Echo differences, I'd love to Daisy use a Megaphone among her repertoire as both a joke on her loud voice and because she has all kinds of odd items available to her due to things like Mario Kart and Mario Party. Maybe as a new Neutral B as her Counter variant.

Dark Pit I would just say any of the weapons, but I don't know any of them. However, giving him gliding would be an amazing difference(though I'm not sure it would help much in separating him playstyle-wise).

Dark Samus could have a multi-missiles, but they're all homing instead of having the option for a Fast Missile in return. They'd go moderate speed, between the slow and fast versions.

Richter, ummmm... dunno enough yet. Maybe something from Portrait of Ruin, one of the card moves?

Lucina: I like the side b lance attack, really.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Just remember to take this thotful advice.

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
Dark Pit: Instead of arrows, uses dark pit’s staff for a snipe shot.

Lucina: Give her a javelin instead of the b forward combo.

Daisy: Pulls our Tatanga instead of Toad, does electric counter instead of spore.

Richter: Gets Maria to team up with his big attack in the final Smash.

Chrom: probably the same javelin Lucina got. He’s already different.

Dark Samus: Electric property attacks instead of fire.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Just remember to take this thotful advice.

To get back on topic though, try to think of one additional difference you would give each echo fighter. You can only give one.
:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
Dark Pit gets his Rifle. It shoots a chargable dark arrow 3x faster than Pits, cant change direction, and it has a smash attacks knockback if fully charged.

Lucina gets to be Brave. :3

Give Daisy Warlock Punch.

Richtor has a counter idfk.

Chrom gets a shorter sword so Roy isn’t inferior to his own Echo. ;-;

Dark Samus keeps Zair but loses tether grab ala Botw Link.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I don’t think I would have enough to buy where I wouldn’t be overextending.
Can we pay part in coins?
Because it's like any purchase on the eShop, you can redeem your coin load on the purchase and just pay the remainder in cash.

I don't believe you can pay using only part of your coin load; it has to be all of your coins or none of them.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
My uncle's pet rock works at Sora Ltd. and he said that the box theory is fake. There's actually only one newcomer left; Ayumi.

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

To add to this, each game purchased on the eShop refunds you 5% of what you paid in My Nintendo golden coins (300 coins or $3 if the game's price is $60), whereas each physical game only gives you 1% back (only $0.60).
7 games purchased * $3 = $21 = avoid paying for the online

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He has various martial arts he can use, which Simon and he both have, but theres other stuff, he could even do the knife spam.
I'm just thinking about games I know of, so...

And that game looked neat. But I like mix-and-match types of gameplay, heh.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
He has various martial arts he can use, which Simon and he both have, but theres other stuff, he could even do the knife spam.
Knives! That would be cool instead of having the cross or axe. Just to change him from Simon.
I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.
Dishonor on me.
Dishonor on my cow.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Because it's like any purchase on the eShop, you can redeem your coin load on the purchase and just pay the remainder in cash.

I don't believe you can pay using only part of your coin load; it has to be all of your coins or none of them.
Either I pay in fake money or I don’t have fake money.
No reason to ever save them over actual cash.
This will work just fine.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Goku would be lowkey one of the most uniquely capable fighters ever. There's just so much he did and so much to pull from. Even if you just used the Crusade/SSF2, that's barely touching the surface. I had this idea once that he would have a bunch of final smashes, and they'd all be randomized based on some ki level that he had through some move similar to Cloud's limit (it doesn't make him hecking strong just his specials in concept).

1x - Spirit Bomb (Saiyan Saga)
1.2x - Kaioken x4 Kamehameha (aims upward cause source material)
1.4x - Super Saiyan Spirit Bomb (Frieza/Buu Saga don't matter its still huge af)
1.6x - Super Saiyan 3 Dragon Fist
1.8x - True Kamehameha in SSG or SSGB
2x - KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm just thinking about games I know of, so...

And that game looked neat. But I like mix-and-match types of gameplay, heh.
Gotcha, haha figured i'd just enlighten!

Knives! That would be cool instead of having the cross or axe. Just to change him from Simon.
I can’t believe I didn’t think of that.
Dishonor on me.
Dishonor on my cow.
Sheik eat your heart out.

SOTN_Knife_3.gif

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Caveat in that they have to be 7 digital games because you get 5x fewer points for redeeming physical purchases.

But yeah, this is actually good news for NS Online. If you buy every AAA Nintendo first party game each year, which is around 7, your membership is paid for by your loyalty. Which is kind of cool for a business practice.

Switch seems designed for full digital libraries given the flexible nature of it. I just wish I could find a big enough SD card for all the third party stuff ;/
I think you can get a128gb micro sd for like $30-$40
I wouldn't mind going full digital tbh, i already do that with Steam and i honestly don't care about collecting physical cases.
Besides, i think the Switch is designed to be a console where you have all your games in a small card so that you don't have to carry around cases or worrying about damaging your physical games.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Goku would be lowkey one of the most uniquely capable fighters ever. There's just so much he did and so much to pull from. Even if you just used the Crusade/SSF2, that's barely touching the surface. I had this idea once that he would have a bunch of final smashes, and they'd all be randomized based on some ki level that he had through some move similar to Cloud's limit (it doesn't make him hecking strong just his specials in concept).

1.4x - Super Saiyan Spirit Bomb (Frieza/Buu Saga don't matter its still huge af)
It's probably why Fighterz has 3 Gokus all wholely unique. Among other things.

Now imagine Luigi crawling under that, making it useless
Damn you Luigi, damn you and your Mario Party wins.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Honestly if Goku was a video game character I'd fully support him. There'd just be so much potential.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Doesn't base Goku recycle a lot of things?
Nah he really doesn't besides the typical Kamehameha, Kaioken and his chains are mostly based on late Dragon Ball vs King Piccolo and his fights with Nappa and Vegeta.

He even has the move he used vs Burter and Jeice, which Lucario has as a down smash.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
My boi looking like he's searching for his contacts is pretty funny though :yoshi:

BTW why can Luigi crawl but not Mario? I never got that...
It’s just a Smash representation of Luigi’s history of crawling behind in sales compared to his brother.

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
It annoys me that Chrom is the least appealing of the FE characters to me, but him getting Aether and Dancing Blade sounds good.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's say they allow one Square song that ISN'T from Final Fantasy into Midgar.

What do you choose? My choice:

Because Yoko Shimomura's a composer for this game, so I would love a loophole for this when there won't be any PE content, dammit.

Okay but why does Waluigi have a knife tho?
Looks more like some kinda gardening tool to me tbh
I figure that the tennis racket isn't threatening enough, apparently.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
My boi looking like he's searching for his contacts is pretty funny though :yoshi:

BTW why can Luigi crawl but not Mario? I never got that...
Mario should be able to do that weird baby crawl he does in Mario 64. I always found it hilarious for some reason.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Has there been any word whatsoever about the possibility of "pre-loading" the game, like if you have the download code from the bundle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom