• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or does Isabelle have a lot of moves that seem like they'd be good against Ridley?

Anyway, I just remembered that a bunch of former Sega staff are working at Nintendo, don't know how that affects Shadow/Tails.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
Is it just me or does Isabelle have a lot of moves that seem like they'd be good against Ridley?

Anyway, I just remembered that a bunch of former Sega staff are working at Nintendo, don't know how that affects Shadow/Tails.
Hire ups on the Sega staff, or a bunch of programmers to bolster the Smash dev team? Big difference between the 2.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Weird question, but with Breath of the Wild clothing, is Sheik supposed to be a "BotW era Sheik" or the same "unused TP Sheik"?

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Were you following loz at all? Dude was a prominent leaker following E3 where he got multiple aspects about the game's reveal. He went off the deep end, deleted his GameFAQs and began borderline ****posting. Finally, he put all of his leaker chips into Skull Kid being revealed, and when he wasn't he deleted his Twitter and left the Discord chat he's been in.

Pretty much, dude pretended to be a serious leaker, and ran when he was exposed.
To be clear I'm not just trying to defend him, I just didn't feel like I had the complete story.

D

Deleted member

So, can anyone care to tell what the Tales series is all about? I breifly remember some people talk about that Lloyd guy awhile back

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Which even if that's the case. Kiiiiiinda goes straight down the toilet considering the ending retcons the whole game aside from maybe a brief glance Sonic and Elise have at the final cutscene.
Yup. Sonic 06: Sabotaging it’s own good qualities since well... 2006. :p Still, I guess it does still show how genuinely tight they would turn out to be if push came to shove and their bonds were tested.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
So, to now ask the question that's on everyone's minds: which new character is going to be the coveted #69?:wario: That poor fanbase is going to get rekt'd by memes when it's revealed.
Tbh it should have been Isabelle, but bandana Dee would be good too

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, to now ask the question that's on everyone's minds: which new character is going to be the coveted #69?:wario: That poor fanbase is going to get rekt'd by memes when it's revealed.
Elma. Or Black Shadow if he’s somehow unique.

Just please not my pure round son Waddle Dee he is too pure for the 69 ;-;

D

Deleted member

Weird question, but with Breath of the Wild clothing, is Sheik supposed to be a "BotW era Sheik" or the same "unused TP Sheik"?
She's pretty much just BotW themed, I believe. I don't think that armor set existed before BotW, but I could be wrong.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
It's BOTW-based.
So does that mean we technically got BOTW Zelda in that regard?
Because that's kinda funny now looking back at E3.
I swear if it's going to be the Chorus Kids or any Rhythm Heaven character, I'm just never going to look them up again, no matter how much I wanted them in.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's like Elma or maybe Ken if he's considered a unique character.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm surprised I haven't seen jokes about Ivysaur being Fighter #34, what with his vines and all.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Elma. Or Black Shadow if he’s somehow unique.

Just please not my pure round son Waddle Dee he is too pure for the 69 ;-;
Bandana dee carries a lethal spear everywhere with him, he’s not pure, he’s a cold blooded killer, like villager

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Honestly the design they went with for Zelda in Smash Ultimate is easily my favorite Zelda design. Full stop. It suits the character so, so well.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So i finally looked at Vergeben's leaked info that apparently has been available since August.

Am I or was I the only one ignoring all leaks so far?

D

Deleted member

Honestly the design they went with for Zelda in Smash Ultimate is easily my favorite Zelda design. Full stop. It suits the character so, so well.
THIS. As much as I love Twilight Princess, the Zelda from that game is easily my least favorite and IMO the worst Zelda in the series. She was just so emotionless and stiff...

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

Well damn the Galactic Federation got it wrong they should have hired Isabelle not Samus :p

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just realized that the Pichu is future Pikachu theory can be laid to rest, sorta. Why I'm late to this is a mystery.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
A small, timid puppy is capable of defeating a horrific, hypersadistic dragon-pterodactyl thing from the depths of space. Only in Super Smash Bros..

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I think the common consensus is that he does have insider information but sprinkles in bits of falsities to make it seem like he's predicting stuff.

I'd definitely keep an eye on him and his claims in the future.
Yeah I think the Mimique guy is more of the same as well.

Chrono.

THIS. As much as I love Twilight Princess, the Zelda from that game is easily my least favorite and IMO the worst Zelda in the series. She was just so emotionless and stiff...
It would've helped if she was in more than like 3 scenes.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I thought she fit the overall tone of TP quite well, but I don’t think she should be the Zelda representing in smash

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is before Loz18 leaked the message that had Verge mentioning Incineroar specifically.

Verge was referring to Incineroar being a questionable choice since people were expecting Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Lycanroc.
Thanks for providing a link that provides context to Vergeben's language.

D

Deleted member

Can we talk about how freaking on point the character art has been for this game? Seriously, I think this is best character art Smash has seen in awhile.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Hire ups on the Sega staff, or a bunch of programmers to bolster the Smash dev team? Big difference between the 2.
Don't know how high up they were but I don't see any indication that they're working on Smash, they joined long before Smash Ultimate and went to work on BOTW, Mario Kart, Xenoblade... only one person (Makoto Yonezu) seems to have been involved in Smash.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Shroob

Sup?
To get to the point, I will quote the post.

"From GE's Direct video, he:
Called Kirby's Epic Yarn 3DS, a then unknown title.

Mentioned ALL the PS1 FFs EXCEPT 8, coming to the Switch, which is happening.

Gave the idea of Isabelle being a unique when the others thought she'd be a clone.

And in the past, he said Daisy at E3 'as a joke', and called various other games like Captain Toad on the 3DS.

There's 'getting lucky', and then there's "I have an inside source".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCIFo23ANX4 Even the other GE guys are shocked at how accurate his 'predictions' were."

Do you guys think this at least a little concerning?
Yup, that's my reddit post alright.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I honestly think Mimique is just very, very lucky. With such an amazing track record, why wouldn't he claim to know what's up if he did? Unlike Jon, he'd have nothing to lose in doing so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom