• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Aaah, the breezes...I vividly remember when Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch was announced. Because there were a lot of vague things, and because of no informations, we were immediately bombarded already with fake leaks. Then we had this 'Springman and Decidueye' render, which was disproven by the recorder/creator himself.

We had then a lot of rumors about there being no cuts and such things, but I never imagined the rumor to be true, and the return of everyone shocked us. But Ridley shocked us the most. And the name was Ultimate.

Now, I can't wait for that game. Of course, I will be having fun by reading a lot of fake leaks, but also comments on rumors!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
GENO AND SKULL KID DUAL REVEAL CONFIRMED

Isn't Skull Kid supposed to be an imp? That's what the manga called him, anyway.
He's called an imp in the Majora's Mask game as well.

The mask just uses him as a "puppet"...I assume to gain power or something since it doesn't exactly "possess" him, just boosts the bad side of his personality, like a manifestation.

can we get an alt. where he has the skull mask if he's in.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If anyone is going to miss the Direct tomorrow for whatever reason and is worried about potential Spoilers (because you know there'll be videos straight up spoiling what's in the direct after it airs).

Here's an idea for avoiding Direct spoilers:

USA: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9xB3jR9eUQ
UK: https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VRZMmhKej0

Watch the video embedded on your browser/phone, maybe even set it up so it's the first thing you see when you open your browser after it airs.
It'll be airing at suppertime on my end, so I should be able to catch it.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm also going to laugh very hard if no Smash info comes in the direct tomorrow.
Well, at least there's one particular clip as a response to this eventuality.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm personally hoping for a Pokemon Trainer 2 character who's team consists of Wurmple, Steenee and Gothitelle. We all know that making a Pokemon Trainer character is a lot of work compared to other characters, so that seems like the only way to make it worth it.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I just want a newcomer and an echo (or two!) so that we can check them off the list, I only wanted Wolf back, Ridley, K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Banjo. 4/5 so far so I'm more than happy with whoever we get really for the most part besides a fire emblem character or anime swordsman (unless it's Lloyd, he'd be the only one I wouldn't be unhappy with).

I guess if I had to want a couple more characters, I'd want Black Shadow, Rayman, Funky Kong, and Sylux, along with Banjo. Even getting one of those 5 would be crazy

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I got another game to pass the time.

Are there any echoes you can see potentially passing the character they're based on in popularity? At least assuming the character and their echo are similar enough that choosing between the two could boil down to personal preference.

Not sure if I can picture :ultdaisy: outdoing :ultpeach:. :ultchrom: I can definitely see getting ahead of :ultroy: given his popularity, though his different Up Special and blade kinda makes them a special case. I'm not as sure about :ultsamus: and :ultdarksamus:, I can see them being split down the middle. I can also picture :ultrichter: beating out :ultsimon:, but not by a wide margin.

As for potential echoes, I fully expect to be drowned in a sea of Edgy The Hedgies online should :ultsonic: get him as an echo. :ultryu: and Ken I can see being neck and neck, though Ken is more popular in the west I believe. I also see :ultvillager: and Isabelle having a pretty even split.

Any other echoes you guys want that you feel may trump their original? Anything with my deductions you don't quite agree with?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Saw the direct announced for tomorrow

Second times a charm

Wager is skull kid or Isaac

Hype if we get both since that would be sun and moon

Geno would by hype too

The internet would explode if both skull kid and geno are announced that would be a evil puppet vs good puppet trailer

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Obviously, everyone is excited for a Smash reveal. Anyone hoping for any coverage or announcements for other games in particular?

I'm hoping for some more Starlink coverage, or a new Star Fox game, myself.
Really hoping for Metroid Prime Trilogy port for the switch

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd better go out and buy a can of Morton's in case Skull Kid gets revealed.

Because no two chairs can tell me who's in Smash, even if I like the character.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Praying for Banjo Kazooie, but whoever it is I hope they can keep the hype rolling! Going from Ridley to Simon to K. Rool, the next character should also be very exciting to see. Also I'm guessing 2 echoes.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The fact that people keep saying this is the funniest **** whenever several people have already said they're hype for Daisy in this thread
Thats good for you all. To me, it was Tuesday. Couldn't care less.

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
GENO AND SKULL KID DUAL REVEAL CONFIRMED

Isn't Skull Kid supposed to be an imp? That's what the manga called him, anyway.
The Skull Kids are children whom got lost in the woods and became cursed. They originally had picth-black features, and glowing eyes but this was changed supposedly due to the Black-Face issues also present with the Pokemon Jynx. Now he looks more like Groot, with glowing eyes and a beak.

Imp while a mythical creature, is also used as a term to describe mischevious children. He is not actually an "Imp" from the mythological standpoint.

He is a child, who was cursed

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
What series do you not want playable but want some sort of minor reference to? Here are some for me:

* Dynasty Warriors Assist Trophy
* Super Robot Wars Assist Trophy
* Double Dragon Music (Beat Em Up is a genre that isn't really represented in Smash, if they add a Urban Champion Stage they should use songs from Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc.)
* Resident Evil Assist Trophy
* Yakuza Assist Trophy (or have Kiryu guest appear during mini games)

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
Here's your 7th gen pokemon rep for tonight
Yeah, I’d be fine with that.

Tsareena alongside Golisopod, I feel, could not only show some diversity in the Pokémon Roster (with nearly all of them being immensely popular, giving lesser known Pokémon basically no chance), but could also give us Generation 7 Representatives that weren’t completely obvious and could still build hype for Ultimate.

Plus, their designs are so good. Especially Golisopod. They could definitely blend well with the other Pokémon in Ultimate.

If we had another Pokemon Trainer type and it wasn't a villain team like Jesse and James.

*Blue Oak will remember that...*

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Obviously, everyone is excited for a Smash reveal. Anyone hoping for any coverage or announcements for other games in particular?

I'm hoping for some more Starlink coverage, or a new Star Fox game, myself.
I’m excited for any new 1st party Switch game to be announced.

I’ll take Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Prime 4, next year’s Zelda if that’s a thing, or whatever.

I’ll also gladly take a remake of pretty much anything. I’d be down for Ocarina, Majora, Metroid Prime Trilogy, or even just a bundled port of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD.

I’m just excited to see something new I can look forward too next year!

Chrono.

What series do you not want playable but want some sort of minor reference to? Here are some for me:

* Double Dragon Music (Beat Em Up is a genre that isn't really represented in Smash, if they add a Urban Champion Stage they should use songs from Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc.)
I just want some Custom Robo presence, man.

If I can't have Ray can I at least have some Trophies?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

Some Bravely Default and Wonderful101 representation would be cool.

D

Deleted member

> Sees Nintendo of America announce Smash Ultimate Tailgate Tour
> Checks to see which college football stadiums are involved
> Stanford, Oregon is the very first stop of the Tour

TIME TO BE A DUCKS FAN AGAIN, I GUESS.

gottagofast.png

D

Deleted member

Team Isabelle, assemble!

No really, I'm curious. How many people here support Isabelle for Smash?
She's in my top 3! The idea of beating Ridley up with a puppy is one of the greatest things ever to me. If it happens, it will go down in history for me personally as the funniest thing Nintendo's ever done.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Just going to list the franchises I hope get some minor representation like trophies or stickers. Hoping some of them make it as assist trophies.

* Resident Evil
* Tekken
* Tomb Raider
* Devil May Cry
* Yakuza

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Heres some stuff off the top of my head
Crazy Taxi trophies
Monkey Ball assist trophy
Resident Evil stuff
Tekken stuff

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

Resident Evil (Tyrant or Nemesis AT)
Tekken
Advance Wars?

I dunno. If I didn't want a character from a specific game, I tend to not want selective things from it, either.

D

Deleted member

Alright, we got a post rallying Isabelle fans, so for fun (and because I'm curious), how many people here are with me and want Octolings? Would you prefer them to be an Echo, or a semi-clone if you do want them?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I got another game to pass the time.

Are there any echoes you can see potentially passing the character they're based on in popularity? At least assuming the character and their echo are similar enough that choosing between the two could boil down to personal preference.

Not sure if I can picture :ultdaisy: outdoing :ultpeach:. :ultchrom: I can definitely see getting ahead of :ultroy: given his popularity, though his different Up Special and blade kinda makes them a special case. I'm not as sure about :ultsamus: and :ultdarksamus:, I can see them being split down the middle. I can also picture :ultrichter: beating out :ultsimon:, but not by a wide margin.

As for potential echoes, I fully expect to be drowned in a sea of Edgy The Hedgies online should :ultsonic: get him as an echo. :ultryu: and Ken I can see being neck and neck, though Ken is more popular in the west I believe. I also see :ultvillager: and Isabelle having a pretty even split.

Any other echoes you guys want that you feel may trump their original? Anything with my deductions you don't quite agree with?
:ultpeach: vs :ultdaisy: : Peach definitely got this, sorry Daisy fans. There's a ton of you, but in the end I doubt you guys will ever triumph the OG princess.
:ultsimon: vs :ultrichter:: I believe most will go with Simon Belmont, due to having a stronger connection with Nintendo. Then again, I know next to nothing about Castlevania.
:ultroy: vs :ultchrom:: Both seem to have a lot of popularity. If we take the guess from Heroes, Roy is far more popular. But I see far more promise in a competitive future for Chrom. So with that considered, I think Chrom will definitely be more played only because of that. Poor butter sword Roy, and after all that trouble of getting said Sword of Seals as well. :urg:
:ultsamus: vs :ultdarksamus:: Dark Samus might also be a lot better than Samus. Competitively, Dark Samus will most likely be more used. Her floating animations might also appeal to Samus fans. Kind of hard to estimate here.
:ultmarth: vs :ultlucina:: Marth will be more used, as always. Kind of ironic, because Heroes also states Lucina as way more popular.
:ultpit: vs :ultdarkpit:: Pit, cause there's hardly any reason to play Dark Pit other than just liking him better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom