• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Why isn't Meowth ever considered? I know he isn't the most popular pokemon but he is one of the most consistent pokemon ever. He is usually with team Rocket which appears throughout multiple generations so he is a well-known figure.

This game is adding highly requested characters that people have been asking for years, let's keep the trend going guys. Not saying that Meowth is highly requested(there are more popular choices) but almost anything is better than regular starter fire from most recent game.
Meowth's been seen as a Pokeball Pokemon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Finally, Direct's officially coming, as long as there isn't another...

Can't tell if that's a pun based on his company name but 10/10 anyway.

Inspirational.
It was actually, thanks. :p

Here's a question I don't see being discussed a lot: How much of the game, in terms of modes, do you think we don't know about yet?

The main menu has 5 options, Smash (where we probably know everything by now with normal, special, squad and tourney modes), Games & More (we just know Classic), Vault (we just know music) and Online and the mysterious mode, where we know nothing about either. I get the feeling that people think we know a majority of the game's features, but there's probably a lot we don't know.
We still don't know how All-Star mode will be like this time around, either.

There's something worse than earthquakes.

HURRICANE FLORENCE IN AMERICA

Nintendo Direct cancelled?
Good lord, I hope not. Then again, the US is a much bigger country overall. To those of you over there though, batten down the hatches and hope you can be safe and sound.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good lord, I hope not. Then again, the US is a much bigger country overall. To those of you over there though, batten down the hatches and hope you can be safe and sound.
I'll be fine since it's shifted south a little, I'm sure, and those who are in the most dangerous areas are evacuated already (or have decided to risk it anyway for some reason) so hopefully the casualties will be minimal but I'm bunkering down anyway just in case.

D

Deleted member

Here's a question I don't see being discussed a lot: How much of the game, in terms of modes, do you think we don't know about yet?

The main menu has 5 options, Smash (where we probably know everything by now with normal, special, squad and tourney modes), Games & More (we just know Classic), Vault (we just know music) and Online and the mysterious mode, where we know nothing about either. I get the feeling that people think we know a majority of the game's features, but there's probably a lot we don't know.
I think there will be enough for one last Direct in a about a month or so from now. Vault is probably gonna remain largely the same, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Smash Run in Games & More. The mystery mode is a tough one; it could be an Adventure Mode, or it could be Smash Tour 2: Snoozefest Boogaloo. It's really hard to say at this point. Online is also a bit of a tough one, as there is definitely the potential to have more than last time, depending on how serious they took it this go around. Hopefully more than their last two attempts... :|

I mean...she's better than Incineroar.
In all seriousness, I'm probably with you on that one, lol. I am not a fan of the wrestler kitty.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If anyone is going to miss the Direct tomorrow for whatever reason and is worried about potential Spoilers (because you know there'll be videos straight up spoiling what's in the direct after it airs).

Here's an idea for avoiding Direct spoilers:

USA: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9xB3jR9eUQ
UK: https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VRZMmhKej0

Watch the video embedded on your browser/phone, maybe even set it up so it's the first thing you see when you open your browser after it airs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's something worse than earthquakes.

HURRICANE FLORENCE IN AMERICA

Nintendo Direct cancelled?
I’m pretty sure Nintendo is a lot more worried about an earthquake in Japan than a hurricane thousands of miles away from any of their buildings.

I know it feels like forever but it’s not going to kill anyone who can watch to wait until tomorrow. For those affected due to the hurricane, I would rather they prioritize them and their family lives instead of trying to watch the Direct.

D

Deleted member

Here's your 7th gen pokemon rep for tonight
That is probably one of the few choices that would legitimately get me hyped. Having more grass Pokemon would be pretty sick and the design is one of the best Gen 7 had, so why not?

I'd also be down with Salazzle or Lycanroc, though.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't Meowth ever considered? I know he isn't the most popular pokemon but he is one of the most consistent pokemon ever. He is usually with team Rocket which appears throughout multiple generations so he is a well-known figure.

This game is adding highly requested characters that people have been asking for years, let's keep the trend going guys. Not saying that Meowth is highly requested(there are more popular choices) but almost anything is better than regular starter fire from most recent game.
They haven't gone back to older mons since brawl, plus Red/Blue is the one game that hogs the spotlight most, not just in terms of pokemon but in the entire lineup. Not to use the "rep" stuff but i think kanto fans have enough fuel to go on.

Plus if a Kanto mon gets willed into the game via sheer ballot pressure (I remember sceptile being the biggest pokemon for smash movement at the time however). It would probably be Gengar, who's for sure the most popular kanto mon not seen in smash yet, plus has a lot more potential to be unqiue as a fighter than meowth.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I hope Dixie is announced so that every character announced afterwards I will be more grateful fans excited for.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Oh i forgot to add these to my direct predictions:
Smash Bros:
New Stage

Other Shizz:
Mother HD Collection
Persona Switch ports
New Dance Dance Revolution Game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

According to Serebii, Tsareena is female at a rate of 100%, so I don't think male is possible...except through hacking lol.
Also, for those asking about Hurricane Florence, its projected to make landfall around Thursday evening/night, I believe.

EDIT: Not sure how I quoted myself; I meant to edit and add this part on. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Here is the order in which I am excited to try out the newcomers:

Very excited
1. :ultinkling:
2. :ultkrool:

Excited
3. :ultdarksamus:
4. :ultmarth:

Mildly interested
5. :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:
6. :ultridley:

I mean, I'll at least beat Classic Mode with her...
7. :ultdaisy:
I might have an angry mob of Smash players after me but here it is:

Very Excited
:ultchrom:

Excited
:ultinkling:,:ultdaisy:

Remotely Interested
:ultdarksamus:

Eh, I'll check their moves in training mode, so I can beat opponents who uses them
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Keeping my expectations at an all time low.

Only really interested in the Smash stuff, and I have a very good feeling that the character is someone we've debated to death at this point.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Florence is looking to be pretty scary. For anyone in the area, please stay safe!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers that bonkers leak pre-E3 that had Steenee on it, aswell as other weird stuff like Robobot Kirby and a Ridley that grew wings. Still my favorite fake leak so far just for how out there it was.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
If anyone is going to miss the Direct tomorrow for whatever reason and is worried about potential Spoilers (because you know there'll be videos straight up spoiling what's in the direct after it airs).

Here's an idea for avoiding Direct spoilers:

USA: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z9xB3jR9eUQ
UK: https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VRZMmhKej0

Watch the video embedded on your browser/phone, maybe even set it up so it's the first thing you see when you open your browser after it airs.
Doesn't Nintendo usually delete the livestream itself after and reupload it after using another link, rendering this useless?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm also going to laugh very hard if no Smash info comes in the direct tomorrow.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hoping any and all in the area of Florence to stay safe, and evacuate safely.
That is probably one of the few choices that would legitimately get me hyped. Having more grass Pokemon would be pretty sick and the design is one of the best Gen 7 had, so why not?

I'd also be down with Salazzle or Lycanroc, though.
It'll be great if we got Primarina, Lycanroc, or Zeraora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom