• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The fact that people keep saying this is the funniest **** whenever several people have already said they're hype for Daisy in this thread
From a gameplay perspective, every echo is filler. Don't know why "that one is unnecessary but this one isn't" is a thing.

D

Deleted member

So, just to point out one last time before the Direct tomorrow, we've had the following things leaked that will likely be in the direct:
1) Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Bundles
2) Civilization 6
3) Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition
4) Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles remaster
5) Yoshi's Crafted World
6) LEGO Harry Potter Collection Switch

The Direct is supposed to be 35 min long and cover both Switch and 3DS titles. All listed and leaked thus far have been Switch games, meaning nothing has leaked for the 3DS, so there are still announcements for that.

If we give 4 minutes per announcement known, we're already at 24 min out of the 35 minute direct. With only 2 3DS announcements, we come to 32/35. You guys better hope that either each title gets less than 4 min a piece, Not all mentioned above was actually meant to be shown in the direct; giving us extra room for Smash Bros., or there are only 2 3DS announcements so that the extra 3 minutes can go to a Smash character reveal, otherwise there may not be any Smash Brothers announcements for this direct.

Just a quick thought since the lack of Smash Bros. info has the potential to deal more damage than Florence at this point (unless you're in her path, in which case: hunker down).

D

Deleted member

I can definitely understand the disappointment with DS, but to me, it was an Echo or nothing, and I'll gladly take the Echo over nothing. That's just me, though: To each their own.

Man, I just don't know how to feel about the idea of a Pokemon newcomer still. None of the popular ideas floating around really excite me. Most of the ones that would excite me aren't from Gen 7, and the ones that are have either already been deconfirmed or weren't popular enough to begin with. I'm not expecting much for me personally tomorrow, so I'll go ahead and hope that if my predictions are right and it's a Pokemon, that people will be happy with it. :)

Chrono.

So, just to point out one last time before the Direct tomorrow, we've had the following things leaked that will likely be in the direct:
1) Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee Bundles
2) Civilization 6
3) Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition
4) Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles remaster
5) Yoshi's Crafted World
6) LEGO Harry Potter Collection Switch

The Direct is supposed to be 35 min long and cover both Switch and 3DS titles. All listed and leaked thus far have been Switch games, meaning nothing has leaked for the 3DS, so there are still announcements for that.

If we give 4 minutes per announcement known, we're already at 24 min out of the 35 minute direct. With only 2 3DS announcements, we come to 32/35. You guys better hope that either each title gets less than 4 min a piece, Not all mentioned above was actually meant to be shown in the direct; giving us extra room for Smash Bros., or there are only 2 3DS announcements so that the extra 3 minutes can go to a Smash character reveal, otherwise there may not be any Smash Brothers announcements for this direct.

Just a quick thought since the lack of Smash Bros. info has the potential to deal more damage than Florence at this point (unless you're in her path, in which case: hunker down).
The Pokemon Let's Go and FF stuff can't really count as leaks when the companies announce them themselves.

Also you missed some shovelware sports game from Ubisoft.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Let's play that game from a few pages ago:

I'm excited about :ultkrool::ultsimon::ultdaisy::ultridley:
I find nice to see :ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultrichter:
I couldn't care less about :ultchrom:
HOLY **** IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT MOTHER****ING TIME :ultkrool::ultridley:

Really excited for/saw coming :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultsimon:

Wouldn't mind trying out :ultdarksamus::ultdaisy:
Meh/punching bag :ultchrom:

:ultchrom: - please be better than roy competitively

Tho, in all case, Ludwig is mah boi.:4ludwig:
The true heir to the throne

That just gave me an idea for a new game: Favorite Koopalings?

Mine would be :ultbowserjr: himself, :4morton: and :4iggy:
:4ludwig::4bowserjr::4larry:

The one I hate the most? :4lemmy:

Well nice to see that we are FINALLY getting a Direct. And it's possible that either they found stuff to replace to keep the time the same, or we all worried for nothing lmao

D

Deleted member

The fall season is a very busy time for game companies and is usually filled with announcements. Most of the stuff from last week probably wasn't even going to be featured past a small blurb, and certainly not for 4 minutes a pop. This Direct is the same length as the March one, which basically offered an E3's worth of announcements. I really don't think there's much to worry about here.

That's just me, though; I could always be wrong, and there's only five seconds of new information for all I know. We'll just have to wait and see. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

blackghost

Smash Champion
One other thing we could doscuss is how some other returning characters may be better or worse.

I expect shulk to be much better. Followonf tje pattern of reduced landing recovery and increased movement shulk stands the most to gain. Even if only nair and fair get the landing buffed that will be significant. Shulk will also be one of the few with an elite recovery under jump manado.

I expect rosa to be worse. Mostly because her power level is dependent on luma having its base kb still be crazy. I dont think luma will still hit crazy hard. One major change to rosa i wanted was having luma gain that jigh kb when it is sent away with neutral b. The purpose is to create incentives for rosa players to treat luma as a puppet and not just as a punching sword.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Here's a question I don't see being discussed a lot: How much of the game, in terms of modes, do you think we don't know about yet?

The main menu has 5 options, Smash (where we probably know everything by now with normal, special, squad and tourney modes), Games & More (we just know Classic), Vault (we just know music) and Online and the mysterious mode, where we know nothing about either. I get the feeling that people think we know a majority of the game's features, but there's probably a lot we don't know.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
:ultsimon:Don't really care about him Tbh, I know he is a classic icon but lets be honest, he was not highly requested, especially compared to other 3rd part characters like Banjo Kazooie

:ultrichter:I didn't even know who he was but he is extremely attractive

:ultdarksamus:Cooler than Samus, will definitely use her

:ultchrom:His character model is horrible, low poly textures all over. I hope they fix his look. I actually like him so I will use him

:ultridley:Happy for his fans, glad he is finally in the game

:ultdaisy:Iconic queen goddess that is also thicc. I am a huge Daisy fan and was not expecting her. Definitely maining her

:ultkrool:Happy for his fans, glad he is finally in the game. Now can I get Dixie Kong

:ultinkling:Obvious inclusion, not really excited for them but they are very unique

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I hope that another earthquake doesn't happen again.
Fans need to know what's real or fake.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
:ultridley::ultkrool:: *bouncing in my seat and squealing and giggling excitedly throughout the majority of the reveal trailers followed by listening to the Super Metroid and DKC 1-3 soundtracks for a couple days after*

:ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultsimon:: I’m very happy they got in

:ultchrom::ultinkling:: Expected but nice to see

:ultdaisy:: I honestly sometimes forget she’s in the game

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You should hope another doesn’t happen because they are bad in general and so people don’t get hurt.
We're not getting another earthquake. We are getting a hurricane though, and a Category 4 one at that.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
:ultdaisy:- I wanted her as a skin, and got a character. She's actually my fav of all the Mario princesses, so I'm retiring my Peach career for Daisy.
:ultkrool:- He is THE character I wanted. They could release the game now and I'd be content.
:ultdarksamus::ultchrom:- They're cool. Excited they are in for those that want them, but I'm indifferent
:ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultinkling: - Excited they are finally in and looking forward to playing them.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
There's something worse than earthquakes.

HURRICANE FLORENCE IN AMERICA

Nintendo Direct cancelled?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Consider the following:
The new Gen 7 Pokemon character is the Masked Royal.
He uses the final forms of all the starters.
(Or alternatively, Incineroar, Lycanroc, and Alolan Ninetails or something)

In this paper, I will--

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
:ultsnake::ultwolf::ulticeclimbers:- Glad they're back
:ultdarksamus::ultdaisy:- Best girls are finally in!
:ultkrool::ultridley:- Best reptiles are in
:ultchrom::ultpichu:-Yawn
:ultsimon::ultrichter:-MOTHER****ING SIMON AND RICHTER ARE IN

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultrichter:I didn't even know who he was but he is extremely attractive
:ultdaisy:Iconic queen goddess that is also thicc. I am a huge Daisy fan and was not expecting her. Definitely maining her
Went from an eh anime boy reason to an education in thiccness reason

D

Deleted member

Man, everybody's talkin' about that silly fire cat when the TRUE best cat is left in the cold:

The TRUE best Gen 7 newcomer. I'll accept nothing less than this picture of purrfection.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Man, everybody's talkin' about that silly fire cat when the TRUE best cat is left in the cold:

The TRUE best Gen 7 newcomer. I'll accept nothing less than this picture of purrfection.
Oops, seems like you posted the wrong pic, lemme fix that for you.

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
Here's a question I don't see being discussed a lot: How much of the game, in terms of modes, do you think we don't know about yet?

The main menu has 5 options, Smash (where we probably know everything by now with normal, special, squad and tourney modes), Games & More (we just know Classic), Vault (we just know music) and Online and the mysterious mode, where we know nothing about either. I get the feeling that people think we know a majority of the game's features, but there's probably a lot we don't know.
Guys, can you please not completely ignore me?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's something worse than earthquakes.

HURRICANE FLORENCE IN AMERICA

Nintendo Direct cancelled?
I don't think it hits landfall until Friday and we know it's coming so evacuation is underway.
With Earthquakes, you're lucky to notice your dog acting funny and interpreting that as a sign to get under the table, not that you need to picking up worm tablets.

D

Deleted member

The Pokemon Let's Go and FF stuff can't really count as leaks when the companies announce them themselves.

Also you missed some shovelware sports game from Ubisoft.
True, but they may have been things that were intended for the direct and might still feature in it. I think the date was just pushed; I doubt they actually redid anything. I dont mind being wrong though lol.

D

Deleted member

Oops, seems like you posted the wrong pic, lemme fix that for you.
But that one doesn't eat lasagna. :<

Alright, enough jokes. Here's the actual true best Pokemon newcomer!:

Be honest, you expected this, didn't you? :p

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't Meowth ever considered? I know he isn't the most popular pokemon but he is one of the most consistent pokemon ever. He is usually with team Rocket which appears throughout multiple generations so he is a well-known figure.

This game is adding highly requested characters that people have been asking for years, let's keep the trend going guys. Not saying that Meowth is highly requested(there are more popular choices) but almost anything is better than regular starter fire from most recent game.

bbybae

Smash Cadet

i think its almost useless to ask, when it comes to single-player modes we really know next to nothing compared to what is usually in smash games

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Why isn't Meowth ever considered? I know he isn't the most popular pokemon but he is one of the most consistent pokemon ever. He is usually with team Rocket which appears throughout multiple generations so he is a well-known figure.

This game is adding highly requested characters that people have been asking for years, let's keep the trend going guys. Not saying that Meowth is highly requested(there are more popular choices) but almost anything is better than regular starter fire from most recent game.
Because he's also one of the most consistent Poke Ball Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom