• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Let's play a game, if you guess your post number, then your most wanted character is in.

Geno

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What series do you not want playable but want some sort of minor reference to? Here are some for me:

* Dynasty Warriors Assist Trophy
* Super Robot Wars Assist Trophy
* Double Dragon Music (Beat Em Up is a genre that isn't really represented in Smash, if they add a Urban Champion Stage they should use songs from Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc.)
* Resident Evil Assist Trophy
* Yakuza Assist Trophy (or have Kiryu guest appear during mini games)
- Crazy Taxi trophy
- Monokuma Trophy (Danganronpa)
- some reference to Star Ocean I don’t care what it is
- if we don’t get Terry Bogard as playable, some kinda reference to SNK would be cool
- some Fatal Frame reference period

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Obviously, everyone is excited for a Smash reveal. Anyone hoping for any coverage or announcements for other games in particular?

I'm hoping for some more Starlink coverage, or a new Star Fox game, myself.
I'm excited for any 3DS news. I know most people have jumped ship, but I still play mine on every work day for the train ride there and back. I don't trust myself bringing a Switch on public transportation.

Hopefully they show more than just Luigi's Mansion, though I'm excited to have that on the go.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Obviously, everyone is excited for a Smash reveal. Anyone hoping for any coverage or announcements for other games in particular?

Mario Odyssey DLC and Metroid Prime 4 gameplay.

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Alright, we got a post rallying Isabelle fans, so for fun (and because I'm curious), how many people here are with me and want Octolings? Would you prefer them to be an Echo, or a semi-clone if you do want them?
I'm rooting for Octolings. I think I'd rather have them as an echo.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The fact that people keep saying this is the funniest **** whenever several people have already said they're hype for Daisy in this thread
I wouldn't shut up about her. She's basically all I wanted.

Everything else after that has been filler.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Alright, we got a post rallying Isabelle fans, so for fun (and because I'm curious), how many people here are with me and want Octolings? Would you prefer them to be an Echo, or a semi-clone if you do want them?
I'd love Octolings, but I don't see them as anything other than a last minute Echo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I HAVE WAITED 3 YEARS FOR SMT V NEWS
57f.png

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
Now be honest you just want him, don't you?

Honestly, I hadn’t even considered Blastoise before this. But, yeah, he’s be a pretty cool addition to Blue’s team ;P

Definitely my most wanted Echo Fighter. I’d find it somewhat unlikely, due to Octo Expansion’s release date, but that doesn’t mean I want them any less.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Huh, the ponytail is something Bowser doesn't have, and imo, it really make Bowser Jr stand out for me, it's little detail I know, but I like little detail like this.

Plus, isn't the Koopaling relation with Bowser treated more as "nobody know" than "no, they aren't related at all" now those days by Nintendo? I swear, I remember reading that somewhere, but I can't remember if it's from Smash or somewhere else.

Tho, in all case, Ludwig is mah boi.:4ludwig:
Yeah he did, Baby Bowser had it since his first appearance in Yoshi's Island and ever since.
All they did was add baby horns and a bandanna to Jr..but then they added those to Baby Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
That's why I can't stand him..its a lazy reuse of a design, his existence made them retain the koopalings, and I just can't stand his personality type..

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't think any sane person would pick being an echo over being half-unique.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yeah he did, Baby Bowser had it in Yoshi's Island.
All they did was add baby horns and a bandanna to Jr..but then they added those to Baby Bowser in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
That's why I can't stand him..its a lazy reuse of a design, his existence made them retain the koopalings, and I just can't stand his personality type..
I can't imagine your reaction to Ken

Pakky

Smash Hero
Quick a little man is growing out of your shoulder and you have to dress him up as a character in Smash bros!

Who do you choose you have three choices

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd love Octolings, but I don't see them as anything other than a last minute Echo.
I don't see them as anything more than a second set of costumes.

Like, what would need to be significantly different? They're just inklings with more tentacles. Do it like the koopalings.

I don't think any sane person would pick being an echo over being half-unique.
I think Melee's Roy fans would have taken echo in hindsight.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
EDIT: Whoops. Thread didn't move fast enough.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I feel like people want Octolings so there can be more costume and ink color options which I can’t really blame that much.

Otherwise, what else would the reason for an Inkling Echo?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Like, what would need to be significantly different? They're just inklings with more tentacles. Do it like the koopalings.
From what we can tell so far Richter and Simon are almost 100% identical. Why did we get Richter as an Echo when he could've just been an alt?

Originality

Smash Journeyman

The weapons in Splatoon have a lot of variety, if they wanted to they could alter the physics of some of their moves and just use different weapons. There's enough weapon variety in Splatoon to make an entirely new character if they wanted. In any case, the octo's getting their own animations and such would be the best part of them being an Echo, as with any of the Echoes we have

Also, octopuses have less tentacles than squids, not more.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
From what we can tell so far Richter and Simon are almost 100% identical. Why did we get Richter as an Echo when he could've just been an alt?
Hard to say until we actually see live gameplay and can determine the differences ourselves.

There have to be differences if Alph and every koopaling are costumes, but Richter is an echo with a character spot.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I can't imagine your reaction to Ken
I like Ken, he's his own character, he doesn't reuse an existing design meant for another character nor use many overused tropes. He's not literally blonde Ryu.

I'd have been fine with Junior if he had anything substantial to set him apart from Baby Bowser or even just Bowser but Baby, like the other Koopalings have. Even a different hair colour is something..

Chrono.

As far as Echoes go, differences can be as little as one single property.

Look at Lucina after all.

I wouldn't be shocked if Richter's only difference was just Holy Water being a different color.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Quick a little man is growing out of your shoulder and you have to dress him up as a character in Smash bros!

Who do you choose you have three choices
I knew I shouldn't have had that nuclear waste smoothie before bed. And they say "green stuff" is good to drink...

The answer is Luigi.

bbybae

Smash Cadet
one of my favorite parts of smash bros are the characters that would never normally fight or don't come from fighting games. i think they always seem really creative and its fun to this is a chance they would never otherwise get.
That's why i do believe in isabelle and also why i dream for chibi-robo (even though i know its not gonna happen)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
one of my favorite parts of smash bros are the characters that would never normally fight or don't come from fighting games. i think they always seem really creative and its fun to this is a chance they would never otherwise get.
That's why i do believe in isabelle and also why i dream for chibi-robo (even though i know its not gonna happen)
I wholeheartedly agree. Which is why, despite being a Ken main myself before, I'm not all that jazzed about Ken as an echo.

Let non-fighters get in on the fight.

Chrono.

Hard to say until we actually see live gameplay and can determine the differences ourselves.

There have to be differences if Alph and every koopaling are costumes, but Richter is an echo with a character spot.
Koopalings are costumes because the Koopa Car is what you're actually using and it's meant to be like you're just switching the driver like you would in Mario Kart.

Would be pretty dumb to get like 7 echoes of the same character too.

D

Deleted member

Meowth! That's right! It's us or bust! :052::024::110::202:
There should be a lot more options considering they've been changing their pokemon out every season for awhile now lol. Victreebell, Carnivine, Mareenie, Chimeco, and Amoongus are just James' options alone.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Koopalings are costumes because the Koopa Car is what you're actually using and it's meant to be like you're just switching the driver like you would in Mario Kart.

Would be pretty dumb to get like 7 echoes of the same character too.
It certainly makes sense, but there's still Alph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom