• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So, which highly expected character do we not see being added to the game?
Yeah, probably Shantae.

As much of a supporter of her that I am, I don't see her happening. I think she has just as much going for her as Shovel Knight does considering her longevity and pretty much being the only DSiware game worth giving a crud about that wasn't Four Swords, but still, I just don't see her happening.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's possible we won't get Incineroar because he has a lot of competition and Verg seems unsure of it.

We might not get Skull Kid because he also has a lot of competition and Loz's credibility is seeming really shaky right now.

D

Deleted member

As confident as I am about tomorrow being a Pokemon, I still believe it's entirely possible this game won't have a Pokemon newcomer at all, even if the odds that there will be are pretty good right now.

I'm also starting to rethink Ken. That idea really only came about because of Richter and Verge, and I'm half expecting Verge to be Gematsu 2.0. We shall have to wait and see.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Personally I think we've got four unique newcomers left, with one of those spots being reserved for Pokémon, so if that's true then at least two of the current five favorites (Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Banjo & Kazooie) won't get in. If we then get a curveball tomorrow then roster prediction is going to be incredibly tough for me.

The only one of the above mentioned I'm super confident in at the moment is Geno, the rest are super close. At the moment I've left Isaac and Banjo off, but I could also see a scenario where it's Bandana Dee and/or Skull Kid instead. It kinda sucks, because although I'm not an outright supporter of all of them, it still feels like all five deserve to get in.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My opinions of the characters so far.

:ultridley:: Someone I'm planning on using a lot. He's still the top addition in this game for me. though my main is still :ultmegaman:.
:ultinkling:: I use them every once in a while, probably the Black Boy Inkling honestly.
:ultdarksamus:: I already like Samus, so I'll use her too, though I don't know how much more yet.
:ultchrom:: Don't care honestly. Call me when Black Knight shows up.
:ultsimon:: Right after Ridley, this is the dude. Everyone's thirsting after Richter, so I'mma throw some holy water on you thots nice people.
:ultrichter:: He's cool, no doubt, but I'm going with Simon the Barbarian for my Belmont of choice.
:ultkrool:: I'll use sometimes, it's gonna be hard juggling like 15 characters I like.
:ultdaisy:: Everytime I would use Peach, I'll just use Daisy instead.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Man, everybody's talkin' about that silly fire cat when the TRUE best cat is left in the cold:

The TRUE best Gen 7 newcomer. I'll accept nothing less than this picture of purrfection.
NOt when you hate evolving Pokemon via friendship

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What's the most unexpected character that could make it into Smash?
A Sony character. Because at least Microsoft and Nintendo have been playing nice with each other. Not that a Microsoft character would happen.

But if it did, it should be Fulgore.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I hope it's something crazy unexpected that was off everyone's radar on predictions, be it an unique newcomer from an existing 3rd Party franchise, a character that isn't seen as ranking highly on the ballot or just some straight up Sakurai ****ery. As much as I believe Verg, seeing leakers get credibility is the last thing I want.
This is the one thing I'm banking on, honestly. K. Rool was great mainly because he made everyone re-evaluate their expectations, he needs to be topped in that regard.

Sans in Smash would be our joke character.
Lethal joke, to be exact. It's usually the type we end up with (as opposed to actual jokes like Pichu).

Graizen

Smash Champion
A Sony character. Because at least Microsoft and Nintendo have been playing nice with each other. Not that a Microsoft character would happen.

But if it did, it should be Fulgore.
Imagine a Fulgore vs Scorpion trailer for Smash.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess we can see Rowlet instead of Decidueye and it's likely too. Rowlet is far more popular than Decidueye (in Japan), is one of Ash's main Pokémon in the animé, and we need more pre-evolution Pokémon, since Pichu and Squirtle are the only ones who fit that bill. I wouldn't underestimate Rowlet, something all of you guys are doing.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, I guess we can see Rowlet instead of Decidueye and it's likely too. Rowlet is far more popular than Decidueye (in Japan), is one of Ash's main Pokémon in the animé, and we need more pre-evolution Pokémon, since Pichu and Squirtle are the only ones who fit that bill. I wouldn't underestimate Rowlet, something all of you guys are doing.
Well, considering the project plan was decided in 2015, the Gen 7 newcomer (if there is one) won't be decided by popularity.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Many people do not know, but tomorrow is an interesting day for Digimon and for Nintendo.
In addition to having a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, we'll have a special livestream of Digimon the next day!

Will we see Digimon Survive during the Direct from tomorrow?
Would Agumon have a great chance of getting into Smash this time?
God, yes, I'll take Agumon any day, I really don't understand why people don't support him so much, he's literally the symbol of an era and of the main rival of Pokemon from back in the day. Having him in Smash would be a 90s kid's dream come true.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
As confident as I am about tomorrow being a Pokemon, I still believe it's entirely possible this game won't have a Pokemon newcomer at all, even if the odds that there will be are pretty good right now.

I'm also starting to rethink Ken. That idea really only came about because of Richter and Verge, and I'm half expecting Verge to be Gematsu 2.0. We shall have to wait and see.
Legit if it weren't for Vergeben I'd feel really confident in saying we weren't getting a Pokemon newcomer. Squirtle and Ivysaur bring back 2 entirely unique movesets and I'm not sure Sakurai would know which pokemon to even choose as a newcomer at this point. I could totally see it being DLC.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Man, everybody's talkin' about that silly fire cat when the TRUE best cat is left in the cold:

The TRUE best Gen 7 newcomer. I'll accept nothing less than this picture of purrfection.
Me, when images first leaked of Alolan Persian: Oh my god what the... what is this? What did they do to Persian?!

Me after S/M: I JUST WANT TO SQUISH ITS FAT BEAUTIFUL FACE.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

So all of the stages have been shown?

Can't complain because there are 103. I'm looking at the Wiki.

There are 103 total.

7 Smash Bros
19 Melee
26 Brawl
44 Smash 4
That equals 96.

That leaves room for 7 to make 103.

According to the Wiki the new stages are Dracula's Castle, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and New Donk City Hall as well as Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination.

So apparently Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination all count as Ultimate stages. So as much as I want Isaac and other new IPs (Especially lesser known Nintendo IPs), does this mean the remaining newcomers will be from series already with characters?

Or does it mean Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination don't count? Or does it mean it would go back to pre-Brawl where not every series gets a stage?

Additionally look at what's left, there's 5 empty spaces. DLC?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

So all of the stages have been shown?

Can't complain because there are 103. I'm looking at the Wiki.

There are 103 total.

7 Smash Bros
19 Melee
26 Brawl
44 Smash 4
That equals 96.

That leaves room for 7 to make 103.

According to the Wiki the new stages are Dracula's Castle, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, and New Donk City Hall as well as Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination.

So apparently Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination all count as Ultimate stages. So as much as I want Isaac and other new IPs (Especially lesser known Nintendo IPs), does this mean the remaining newcomers will be from series already with characters?

Or does it mean Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination don't count? Or does it mean it would go back to pre-Brawl where not every series gets a stage?

Additionally look at what's left, there's 5 empty spaces. DLC?
Man, it's like I'm having a flashback to a month ago. I actually had to check the date on your post to make sure I was on the right page.

D

Deleted member

So, will all of this talk regarding third party characters and so forth, who is a character from a series that you are surprised that hasn’t been mentioned yet?

For me, I’d say a Resident Evil character. I thought for sure I’d see some demand for a character like Leon or Jill, seeing as how Resident Evil is THE horror series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom