• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ironic given your avatar, long time no see.

And furries find K Rool cute
That doesn't surprise me, since even Big Blag has that kind of fans.

It'd turn into the Hunger Games.

I don't volunteer.

Seriously, I joined to talk about Smash to keep my brain off the direct, but everyone else is just as obsessed about it, lol.
At least it'd give me a good excuse to actually focus on my game backlog.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does anyone else think there’s not even a direct this week?
Yes, me. I think it'll need more preparation for it just to show up this week. Didn't they get all those cameras and the like to record people's reactions?? Seems reasonably expensive enough to have a lot of preparation time.

Also, I will laugh my monkey ass off if there's no Smash content at all this Direct. Highly unlikely, but still.

I just wanna see a new Donkey Kong game, or Zelda even. Or anything first party that's exciting.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I've never played a Shantae game, but I'd be completely ok if this was the case. Begged for or not if enough people voted for her then enough people cared
I dunno, I have this weird issue with it. If she's in, she's in fair and square. There wasn't a rule that says you couldn't promote your character on Twitter. Yacht Club did the same thing with Shovel Knight. Survival of the fittest. I believe I'm heavily biased, however. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as anxious as other Shantae fans are over her inclusion. ImstillatinybitsaltyoverShovelKnight

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
4 games>1 game.

With that i tell you everything.
It depends on if you see Shovel Knight as 1 game or 5 (once the last two games come out next year.)

I guess Electroplankton is 10 games due to the individual DSiWare rereleases, though? Then again, those could be defined as not being proper games as they’re each a single minigame while all 5 parts of Shovel Knight are effectively a completed game on their own. I guess it’s really arbitrary, then.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I prefer Rocket from GotG, or if we're talking Nintendo, Fox McCloud. And Sidon, but let's not get me started on him right now.

Anyway, if any of you could have one non-video game character of your choice as playable in Ultimate, which one would you choose? Would you choose any?

I'd pick Harley Quinn. I know that's weird, but I love her, lol.
Phineas and Ferb as a ice climber type duo, Phineas would perform the quicker attacks, while Ferb you do the slower more powerful attacks. Also they can de-sync like melee ice climbers because I'm a monster

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Eh, I prefer Rocket from GotG, or if we're talking Nintendo, Fox McCloud. And Sidon, but let's not get me started on him right now.

Anyway, if any of you could have one non-video game character of your choice as playable in Ultimate, which one would you choose? Would you choose any?

Which Harley Quinn?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I do think Virtua Fighter has a sliver of a chance, but I wonder whose idea was this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Easy, I'd go for Popeye. Besides his historical importance for Nintendo, he could be plain fun to use.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Oh you mean like how Shovel Knight could?
REEEEEEEEEEE but Shovel Knight already got deconfirmed, so it would make sense to pick Shantae as she's the only popular indie character left.
Absolutely a fair comparison as you basically just said "Cloud represents the RPG scene as a whole" so please let me know how that's unfair
Cloud comes from an already big franchise, he stomps almost every newcomer in terms of history, relevance and iconicity.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
REEEEEEEEEEE but Shovel Knight already got deconfirmed, so it would make sense to pick Shantae as she's the only popular indie character left.

Cloud comes from an already big franchise, he stomps almost every newcomer in terms of history, relevance and iconicity.
You just moved the goalposts though
Also indie scene is already repped in Smash through an Assist Trophy, a Trophy, IIRC music. I'd love to hear why we need a character to represent the scene and why Shantae of all characters would be the best pick to fit the decades-worth history of the ENTIRE indie scene.
This is fun. Gets my mind off the Direct. Thank you for letting me do it to ya again king.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Or there might just not be a playable indie rep, with SK as an assist being the best indies are going to get at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom