• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Come up with a paragraph or two pitching your favorite newcomer directly to Sakurai, ready go.
here's mine
Hey, Sakurai, you like rhythm games right? Good. You see, Nintendo has an amazing rhythm game series called Rhythm Heaven, (though you probably know it as Rhythm Tengoku) and it's not selling as well as it should. That is why I propose a new character for that Smash game you are working on. If it worked with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, it can work with this franchise. And luckily for you, Rhythm Heaven has a bunch of unique and colorful characters, so it's gonna be hard to choose one. That is why I propose a character that is technially more than one character.

I call it the Rhythm Troupe. Technically, the character you are controlling is this sweet girl who likes to tapdance. But almost all of her specials will let her summon some other Rhythm Hevean characters. For her neutral special, she will summon some nice blokes called the Chrous Men. They've been rehearsaing for quite a while and they are ready to make some noise. Her side special will let her summon a guy who really knows his Karate, and he will prove it by punching some flowerepots. And her down special will let her summon a Wrestler who would love to strut his stuff on the battlefield. I know this sounds like a lot to ask, but this franchise could be in trouble if nothing major happens. Do it, Sakurai. Do it for the fans...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Simon isn't cute either.

Neither is ROB, it's a robot.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
The way I see it when it comes to Shantae:

Shovel Knight, who's more recognizable then Shantae, didn't make it in as a playable character. Which makes me doubt we'll see Shantae as one.

I myself think the privilege Shantae has of being more associated with Nintendo doesn't really matter that much when Shovel Knight is the face of their video game industry branch.

I might be wrong however since i'm not the developer of the game.

Sleeps with Butterflies

Smash Apprentice

And furries find K Rool cute

Eh, I prefer Rocket from GotG, or if we're talking Nintendo, Fox McCloud. And Sidon, but let's not get me started on him right now.

Anyway, if any of you could have one non-video game character of your choice as playable in Ultimate, which one would you choose? Would you choose any?

I'd pick Harley Quinn. I know that's weird, but I love her, lol.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sidon for Smash?

Sign me the **** up. And not just because he's the best BOTW boy.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Shovel Knight, who's more recognizable then Shantae, didn't make it in as a playable character. Which makes me doubt we'll see Shantae as one.

I myself think the privilege Shantae has of being more associated with Nintendo doesn't really matter that much when Shovel Knight is the face of their video game industry branch.

If Shantae makes it in it's because her company went turbo mode and begged everyone on Twitter to vote for her.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

ACKSHAULLY HER NINTENDO RELEVANCE

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I know this is off-topic, but I feel like it’s important enough for this one time.

The second and final vote on the EU copyright directive in the European Parliament will happen on September 12th. Furthermore, the full plenary of the European Parliament is due to vote on all accepted amendments in a bid to agree a final position on the draft. If agreement is reached the dossier will then go to member states for a final decision.

There will be a debate in the plenary on the 11th of September with the actual voting on the proposal taking place on September 12th. Further votes on the issue could be influenced by public pressure.

If you would want to contact a MEP on this issue, you can use any of the following tools.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Eh, I prefer Rocket from GotG, or if we're talking Nintendo, Fox McCloud. And Sidon, but let's not get me started on him right now.

Anyway, if any of you could have one non-video game character of your choice as playable in Ultimate, which one would you choose? Would you choose any?

I'd pick Harley Quinn. I know that's weird, but I love her, lol.
Fox?

The true intellectuals proclaim Wolf as best boi

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

I believe Shantae is actually more popular worldwide considering Shovel Knight is no where near as popular in Japan. Shantae is quite popular there from what I've heard. I think it's completely reasonable to assume she could make it in before Shovel Knight. If she was voted for as much on the ballot as fan polls suggest, she should at least get an assist.
I don't think she's a lock or anything though. Her chances are up, but I can see nothing coming of it

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Idk what I'm more excited for, this game or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...Im so glad I bought the Switch.

You guys saw the trailer for it? (Sorry if its a lil off topic, I'm just really hyped)

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
If Shantae makes it in it's because her company went turbo mode and begged everyone on Twitter to vote for her.
I've never played a Shantae game, but I'd be completely ok if this was the case. Begged for or not if enough people voted for her then enough people cared

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Idk what I'm more excited for, this game or Final Fantasy Crystak Chronicles...Im so glad I bought the Switch.

You guys saw the trailer about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? (Sorry if its a lil off topic, I'm just really hyped)
Yes and I wonder if it was supposed to be in the direct

D

Deleted member

Idk what I'm more excited for, this game or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...Im so glad I bought the Switch.

You guys saw the trailer for it? (Sorry if its a lil off topic, I'm just really hyped)
Oh, yeah. "Everybody gather 'round the bucket!" in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom