• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let's be honest, all animation communities are extremely toxic for whatever reason.
I have friends who work or have worked on some prominent shows and had death threats sent to them over stupid **** like shipping.

Anywho, any franchises you guys have come to enjoy and appreciate because of Smash Bros.?
F-Zero, though I certainly need to play more of it.

"Franchise" is stretching it, but I've come to like Ice Climber, also.

StormC

Smash Hero
Let's be honest, all animation communities are extremely toxic for whatever reason.
I have friends who work or have worked on some prominent shows and had death threats sent to them over stupid **** like shipping.

Anywho, any franchises you guys have come to enjoy and appreciate because of Smash Bros.?
Metal Gear is the big one. Never touched the series before Brawl. Now it’s one of my top franchises and Metal Gear Solid is my all time favorite game.

I grew to appreciate and respect Ridley and his legacy through Smash speculation, if that counts. And I started playing Super Castlevania IV and Rondo Of Blood after 8.8 (already played SOTN).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Undertale **** always win muh fictional fights because of hax and determination"

I've seen delicious salt for Castlevania characters being multiverse busters.
VS Battles Wiki is a joke.

This is the same site that call Kirby and the whole verse Multi Solar System busters.

Just wrap your head around how wrong such a massive **** is.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Smash has made more interested in Metal Gear lore and understanding things about it like its themes and what it discusses in its games.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
VS Battles Wiki is a joke.

This is the same site that call Kirby and the whole verse Multi Solar System busters.

Just wrap your head around how wrong such a massive **** is.
"But but but Dark Nebula's awakening can destroy multiple solar systems in Gamble Galaxy"

Kirby fans, blowing up Kirby more than he should.

And glad to see you are well after 2 weeks of recovery. *hugs* Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I have to thank Smash for giving me interest in nearly every franchise represented, whether it's a playable fighter or trophy or sticker. Had it not been for this franchise, I wouldn't have branched out to other Nintendo franchises outside of Pokemon.

I'm so glad I got to play amazing games such as Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Fire Emblem Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario 64, Star Fox Adventures, The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, etc. etc.

Heck, Inklings being in Smash got me into Splatoon 2.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I do have some interest in Xenoblade due to Shulk in 4, if only I wasn't a lazy sod, I'd plug my Wii back into my TV and buy Xenoblade Chronicles

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what?
People will sneak off during tours of the studio, take pictures of the show's nect seasons, and post it on twiiter with so ething along the lines of "I'm just gonna keep posting this till either Klance (a popular gay ship) or trans girl pidge (a shows main charecter who pretened to be male to sneak past government security) is conirmed cannon"
This happened frequently till the studio increased sequrity and stoped allowing tours

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Pikmin
I’ve played at least a little of everything else regardless of smash.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
All characters are a lock. All characters ever mentioned by anyone are definitely getting into smash bros. You heard it here first
"That's right, every fictional character ever made is joining the battle in Super Smash Bros. Infinite! Never ask me for anything ever again."

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I apologize for my previous post, I just found it funny and wanted to see if I could get a laugh out of you guys. My bad, won't happen again.

Anyways, can't wait for the Direct. Here's hoping for Animal Crossing switch.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Colloseum and XD are much harder and better crafted games than gen 6 or 7.

Sorry but I don't get the demographic argument growing up we were playing games like Ghosts and Goblins, Ninja Gaiden black, and even world 8 of Mario 3.

Are kids these days less capable than us they can't stand a challenge? Sigh that's what happens when you have a generation that's wraps their kids in cotton wool.
Some games have been "dumbed-down" or made too easy as of recent releases. As for Pokemon, I thought Sun/Moon had the perfect amount of difficulty and challenge when not using potions, revives, or any other items in battle, and I don't mind having to place that restriction on myself because I think Pokemon games should be "accessible"(or whatever). But when it comes to games that SHOULD be hard(or at least harder), that's where I have a problem.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Earthbound. It's become one of my favorite games, but I still haven't played Mother 1 or 3. Also tried Fire Emblem, but I didn't like it too much.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would like to remind everyone that this is the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread. It’s not a social thread. While off-topic’ness is allowed and laxed; it doesn’t mean ****posts and entire offtopic conversations that have no relation to Smash or gaming are not welcome. Getting too far off-topic and contributing to it may result in warnings or infractions so please keep that in mind.

Hers a social to post in: https://smashboards.com/threads/nintenzone-social-6-0-yoshi-edition.452577/page-2547#post-22381516

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Earthbound. It's become one of my favorite games, but I still haven't played Mother 1 or 3. Also tried Fire Emblem, but I didn't like it too much.
Man, if they ever localize Mother for the rest of the world, I swear I'm playing them all. Come on Ninty! don't be silly!

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Ah that's just IGuess messing with me because he wants Shantae to be in. He knows she isn't a lock.
TBH I was already satisfied with Daisy, Dark Samus and Simon. Getting her along with Geno would be a bonus for me.
And you're right, i like bringing her up everytime i can just to bug you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom