• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I'm so tired of just waiting for Nintendo to even mention the direct again. It's starting to get a bit ridiculous how they've apparently been in good enough condition to stream with the random reel of different videos from Friday, yet we've gotten complete radio silence about the direct since the delay. It's really gone past frustrating and now it's just tiring to think about. I really think this kind of reluctance to even give consumers an idea of what's going on is one of Nintendo's biggest flaws as a company.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of oddly absent characters, we haven't seen Gardevoir, Moltres or Togepi as Pokeball summons in spite of them being in every game since their initial inclusion.

Of them, Togepi is the one with random effects so I think it's in, Moltres was always the most boring of the legendary birds gameplay-wise, never understood why it was the only one to return and Gardevoir is currently tied into my unrealistic expectations.
Gardevoir's playable. We've been over this before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I dunno. Smash is pretty bad, but it's not like every other FGC isn't as bad either, especially in the collective form of r/kappa, which might just be the worst.
I don’t know if this makes it worse, but I’m so backwoods that I deliberately pronounce your name “mutt sucky,” even though I know EXACTLY how to pronounce it.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm so tired of just waiting for Nintendo to even mention the direct again. It's starting to get a bit ridiculous how they've apparently been in good enough condition to stream with the random reel of different videos from Friday, yet we've gotten complete radio silence about the direct since the delay. It's really gone past frustrating and now it's just tiring to think about. I really think this kind of reluctance to even give consumers an idea of what's going on is one of Nintendo's biggest flaws as a company.
Why don’t you put this frustration towards something that actually matters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
At this point, I'd say wait for an announcement Wendsday morning, and the Direct will likely come Thursday evening...

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Calling a fandom garbage is sorta

I don’t know if this makes it worse, but I’m so backwoods that I deliberately pronounce your name “mutt sucky,” even though I know EXACTLY how to pronounce it.
Thank you. Please continue pronouncing it like that no joke

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Theme..... uhhh.....

I didn't really think of that. I made a heavily shortened roster because Sakurai mentioned that a reboot of the franchise would have significantly less characters than what we've got now. (Plus, there's something weirdly fun about coming up with shortened rosters like this; you have to decide who's really important and who really earns their keep. Like I said, I like the finished result because I think it reflects Nintendo's history very well.)

That being said, I didn't really think about any of that other stuff you brought up, and I do agree nobody would want to buy a reboot with less characters without something magor. But then, there's not a ton you can do to improve upon Ultimate.... so it's either reboot the franchise or keep adding on to Ultimate, and end the series on a high note. If it was my call, I'd choose the latter.
Yeah, my post wasn't truly targeted at you, but something I've been thinking since last time reboot was the topic. Like the only choices I disagree with on your roster is.
1. Unless added as low effort I feel Lucario is a better choice than Jigglypuff.
2. Don't like the lack of Peach and Zelda or anything animal crossing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm pretty sure there is no fanbase is more toxic than the Smash community.
Not even Sonic or Undertale could compare
It's not even close to the most toxic community I've been part of. A new WoW expansion has just come out, and well... this place is really damn nice in comparison to the mess over there.

The Smash community has its bad moments, but the general state of it is decent, it's not caught in this endless spiral of toxicity like other fanbases are.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It's not even close to the most toxic community I've been part of. A new WoW expansion has just come out, and well... this place is really damn nice in comparison to the mess over there.

The Smash community has its bad moments, but the general state of it is decent, it's not caught in this endless spiral of toxicity like other fanbases are.
From my experience, communities for competitive strategy, FPS and RPG like games are pretty bad. Blizzard has WoW and Overwatch. And Overwatch is the worst thing I’ve seen in a video game forum. Far worse than here.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Every single video game community claims they are the most toxic video game community.

It's like how every state claims to have the worst drivers.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Every fandom is toxic to a certain degree.

Just like how a lot of humanity itself is like that. Hence reality.

D

Deleted member

Guess we can hope for a Direct announcement tomorrow for Thursday. If not, then I don't think its being rescheduled lol.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
I disagree, firstly, you have likley never seen the VLD guys pissed. Secondly you've probably never been in the midsts of someone doing a who would win in a fight argument, like a deathbattle or a vs batyle wiki.
Then there's the comment section on a game theory video, but that's another matter entirely

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I disagree, firstly, you have likley never seen the VLD guys pissed. Secondly you've probably never been in the midsts of someone doing a who would win in a fight argument, like a deathbattle or a vs batyle wiki.
Then there's the comment section on a game theory video, but that's another matter entirely
What's VLD?

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Every single video game community claims they are the most toxic video game community.

It's like how every state claims to have the worst drivers.
lol, i see this alot. mario fans claiming they're the worst, street fighter fans, final fantasy fans, etc.

i love your analogy.

I don't watch too much game theory because they love to reach, but what happens in the comments? I try not to read youtube comments section lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's VLD?
VLD *********
Oh no, the comment section on a trash video is trash?

Also I like how this fandom is THIS ****ing impatient about seeing advertisements lmao

D

Deleted member

Hurricanes are the earthquakes of Florida. We will be fine in no time.
Its not even hitting us. So far, its looking to just smack the Carolinas. I live in central Florida by the Gulf and my brother and I stood outside during the Hurricane and laughed at it.

We lost power for a couple days afterward, but the storm got lucky...

Next time we won't go so easy on it.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
This is off topic, but I just want to wish everyone luck on the east coast that may be affected by the hurricane/ tropical storms.
Thank you, I'm en route, so I'm a tad worried, but it will most likely be died WAY down by the time it gets to me, so save your mai prayers for the people it's going over now/in the near future
What's VLD?
Voltron Legendary Defender. *shivers* nobody argues about ships like VLD, trust me

Yeah, my post wasn't truly targeted at you, but something I've been thinking since last time reboot was the topic. Like the only choices I disagree with on your roster is.
1. Unless added as low effort I feel Lucario is a better choice than Jigglypuff.
2. Don't like the lack of Peach and Zelda or anything animal crossing.
No prob, my boy. I wasn't offended in the slightest.

I included everyone in the Original 12, because while an argument can be made for cutting Ness, Captain Falcon, and the Puff, I feel that, by simply being in every installment of one of their best-selling franchises, they have cemented their spots in Nintendo history.

I wanted to include Peach and Zelda, but since I wanted to represent as many series as possible, I couldn't give too much to any one franchise (hence why Mario (not including the sub-series) and Pokemon are the only series with 3 characters instead of one or 2), and with the fact that, again, this is a 30 character roster, there simply wasn't any room left on the roster for them. If they were in, a few of the universes would not have made it, when I feel the other characters in their series represent them and their history fine. They definetly would have been in if the roster was just a bit larger.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
"So tell me, why do you think your most wanted character has a chance at being playable in Smash?"

How would you respond?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE NOSTALGIA! GIMME ALL 90'S DREAM OF CRASH VS MARIO VS SONIC GODDAMMIT!!!

*ahem*

Let's start over

It's all about the iconic figure that Crash has that many people do not realize. Crash was mega hot in the 90's and became a hit with kids and adults alike and was given multiple sequels and spinoff to become Sony's version of Mario. And Crash was popular than Sonic in the late 90's/early 00's as Sonic was in a darker time. To fulfill a dream to allow the impossible become possible with Crash vs Mario vs Sonic is a dream come true.

In other words: GIMME CRASH OR MY HEART WILL CRUSH (no pun intended mind you lmao)

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
Its not even hitting us. So far, its looking to just smack the Carolinas. I live in central Florida by the Gulf and my brother and I stood outside during the Hurricane and laughed at it.

We lost power for a couple days afterward, but the storm got lucky...

Next time we won't go so easy on it.
Us here in the carolinas will take a note from texas and shoot into the hurricane

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
i dont really agree there are only a tiny group of people I have seen that dont care about the earthquake and are getting mad at nintendo. sorry but I just dont like it when people label the most of smash community is toxic. It just reminds me of what happened to star wars where a tiny group of people push an actress of twitter and now people label anyone who doesnt like the last jedi is sexist and toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom