• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
I always suspected they would delay it exactly a week (13th) to give time to pay respects and set up another direct, but if it takes even longer then that is fine.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I always suspected they would delay it exactly (13th) a week to give time to pay respects and set up another direct, but if it takes even longer than that it's fine.
I mean, the longer we wait, the more info we get in less time. We still have 89 days to go...

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Respond to my Quote argument
I can't argue against that one....
But atleast the Shantae thread still has more replies.

Okay, changing the subject. If Nintendo were to release a Season Pass with every DLC character to be released during the 1st year of the game's release, would you purchase it?

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Okay, changing the subject. If Nintendo were to release a Season Pass with every DLC character to be released during the 1st year of the game's release, would you purchase it?
Yes.

Because the legacy the DLC characters might have will be worth it.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I can't argue against that one....
But atleast the Shantae thread still has more replies.

Any Smash season pass, character or stages, is insta day 1 buy.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Can I ask why you feel this way?
I only ask because I have 0 idea what to expect at this point.
I mean, the amount of days until Thursday are low. There's only tomorrow and Wednesday until then, and honestly, if the Direct were to come tomorrow, I'd imagine they'd have said something by now. So basically, it's Wednesday and Thursday. Not a lot of days left for it to happen.

:094:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Quote who???
Respect your elders
I don't really support Shantae like IGuessItsOver does. Buuuuuuuuut Shantae is older then Quote by about 2 years (Shantae on Game Boy Color: June 2, 2002, Cave Story: December 20, 2004). Cave Story probably was a more successful first game. But if we're talking about a match between pure seniority/respecting just the age of the character. Shantae is older.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't really support Shantae like IGuessItsOver does. Buuuuuuuuut Shantae is older then Quote by about 2 years (Shantae on Game Boy Color: June 2, 2002, Cave Story: December 20, 2004). Cave Story probably was a more successful first game. But if we're talking about a match between pure seniority/respecting just the age of the character. Shantae is older.
Quote and Shantae are both senior citizens
Honestly you right sometimes I forget Shantae's that old lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I noticed something weird about the newcomer reveals. Other than Inkling (Who I can't blame for shoving out ASAP, it was too obvious), the Unique Newcomer reveals are in chronological order!

Ridley - August 1986
Simon - September 1986
K. Rool - November 1994

Echoes seem to be exempt from this (Chrom is younger than Dark Samus but was revealed earlier). If this pattern holds (which would surprise me, it's probably just a coincidence), then the next newcomer revealed is probably either Geno or Bandana Dee. Thoughts?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Guys, I hope I am not derailing the thread.

But where did this reboot idea come from? I mean...Sakurai would never reboot this game. Where or what sources are you giving the idea of the possible reboot? I don't get it!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
At this point, I'm leaning towards a Thursday direct. If it was Tuesday, we would've heard by now.

I'd prefer Wednesday because I'm not in class on Wednesdays, but I think they're probably just postponing everything a week.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Guys, I hope I am not derailing the thread.

But where did this reboot idea come from? I mean...Sakurai would never reboot this game. Where or what sources are you giving the idea of the possible reboot? I don't get it!
Reboot? Please elaborate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I noticed something weird about the newcomer reveals. Other than Inkling (Who I can't blame for shoving out ASAP, it was too obvious), the Unique Newcomer reveals are in chronological order!

Ridley - August 1986
Simon - September 1986
K. Rool - November 1994

Echoes seem to be exempt from this (Chrom is younger than Dark Samus but was revealed earlier). If this pattern holds (which would surprise me, it's probably just a coincidence), then the next newcomer revealed is probably either Geno or Bandana Dee. Thoughts?
I think this would be a cool way to introduce unique newcomers

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Ridley - August 1986
Simon - September 1986
K. Rool - November 1994

They'll save Geno for the last Smash Direct... So I think it's Bandana Waddle Dee

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Why don’t you put this frustration towards something that actually matters.
I am. I'm spending my time labbing in Guilty Gear and UNiST and preparing for tournaments. Doesn't mean I can't voice my complaints every once in a while.

Last edited:

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I'm leaning towards a Thursday direct. If it was Tuesday, we would've heard by now.

I'd prefer Wednesday because I'm not in class on Wednesdays, but I think they're probably just postponing everything a week.
Good thing about the hurricane hitting the Wilmington area, is that your classes are cancelled for a week :)

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
What? How does it proves about a possible reboot? Masahiro Sakurai has just said that it may ruin future games, but he's said that he isn't interested in that at the moment! I don't see anything that seems worthy as a 'possible reboot'. All I see is him saying that he's glad this 'leak' didn't happen/surface!

I mean, he did indeed say that, but the problem is that he didn't say anything or consider a reboot. He just said his opinion, that's it. Yet, Smash theorists are getting crazy ideas, even theorizing a reboot of the game. Smash can be so strange sometimes!

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I feel like if we get a reboot, it'll probably not be under Sakurai and it'll have to be sold as everyone is getting rebuilt. Like everyone gets reanimated from the past, the engine is totally changed, the mechanics are rebuilt, etc. So we'd get a brand new Ganondorf, Luigi with a vacuum, Sonic's specials being more than just spins, Pikachu finally getting Iron Tail, etc. That's the only way I can see a reboot being successful; a total rebuilding of everything in the game.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
What? How does it proves about a possible reboot? Masahiro Sakurai has just said that it may ruin future games, but he's said that he isn't interested in that at the moment! I don't see anything that seems worthy as a 'possible reboot'. All I see is him saying that he's glad this 'leak' didn't happen/surface!
I mean, nobody is saying its FOR SURE going to be a reboot.
People are just theorizing.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Ridley - August 1986
Simon - September 1986
K. Rool - November 1994

While this is a neat pattern, the fact that it is immediately wrong because it dismisses the Inkling makes it unlikely.

Also question for everyone...does anyone think Geno would be a more hype reveal than Ridley or King K. Rool??? I defintely don't think he's more popular so that just doesn't sound right.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Ridley - August 1986
Simon - September 1986
K. Rool - November 1994

My thoughts is that it's not a pattern because the very first newcomer ruined it and you can't exclude that

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So you'd rather have a Nintendo All-stars RPG...and not Smash, since an RPG isn't a fighter? Or am I misunderstanding?
Well....I do want a Smash game, but if the reboot was inevitable, rather than it being a 2D fighter like SF, I think the game should be more geared at RPG gamers. So, something like Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom