• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Wouldn't a Street of Rage character makes more sense as a second Sega representative ? Alex would fit IMO and the final smash would be a car of cops launching rocket on the stage with a circle of fire.

And about all this Shadow The Hedgehog stuff, I would laugh my ass if instead of Shadow as echoes for Sonic we got Metal Sonic instead.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Mad, everyone's gone mad! Are there no sane soul such as myself in the thread!

Rant for sanity aside. Most here think Isaac is the next character to be revealed on this direct, but I think it's either Elma, Shantae, or Tetra. Those are my predictions.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well for round 2, a Spear/Staff user that's not FE or Bandanna Dee since he's talked about a lot.

Axe users at least got people to mention Guilius and our boy Isaac.
Zan Partizanne from Kirby (also Kirby himself and some miscellaneous common enemies but yeah)
A bunch of characters from Brawlhalla (they have several axe users, too)
Neera Li from Freedom Planet (wields a magic staff)
One of the characters in Icons, forgot his name

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Mad, everyone's gone mad! Are there no sane soul such as myself in the thread!

Rant for sanity aside. Most here think Isaac is the next character to be revealed on this direct, but I think it's either Elma, Shantae, or Tetra. Those are my predictions.
I'd usually would claim I'M one of the few sane souls on this thread but... you know :yoshi:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Just like to remind everyone, if you support Gillius Thunderhead from Golden Axe, this could be a stage:

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why? Smash isn't about a real life representation or we would have people like Sakurai and Reggie in the game.

Characters should be included based on their own merits not because they're LBGT and included for that reason alone.

Nintendo really ain't the sort of company to do things like that.
Who said anything about "alone"? The poster would like LGBT representation. You were the one who took the leap to putting someone in the roster *just* because the character is LGBT. A stated sexuality is every bit a character trait as gender, build, hair color or anything else.

Fictional characters have identities drawn from real life. Some people may want to identify with them. I'm not sure what that does to detract from your experience.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Who said anything about "alone"? The poster would like LGBT representation. You were the one who took the leap to putting someone in the roster *just* because the character is LGBT. A stated sexuality is every bit a character trait as gender, build, hair color or anything else.

Fictional characters have identities drawn from real life. Some people may want to identify with them. I'm not sure what that does to detract from your experience.
I want to like this twice

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Save yourself from this madness, or I'll have to fit you for a straightjacket just like I did for everyone in this thread in case of insanity
You call this madness? I was here for Gematsu this is a stroll in the park. I watched brother kill brother, bonds be broken, I lost an arm to those threads

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
You call this madness? I was here for Gematsu this is a stroll in the park. I watched brother kill brother, bonds be broken, I lost an arm to those threads
So what you're saying is the men in coats should have taken us a long time ago.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Yikes, unfortunately I was aware of this site back in Smash 4 days, so while I was hyped for the game, my friend could only be so enthusiastic, which made the wait all that more unbearable , and dare I say maddening.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I’ve been looking at some gameplay of Ultimate, and **** man, I know it’s real, but it all seems so fake. These leaks are getting to our heads. I don’t mean to disrespect the earthquake victims or anybody related to them, but we need an announcement right now. This hiatus is unbearable.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’ve been looking at some gameplay of Ultimate, and **** man, I know it’s real, but it all seems so fake. These leaks are getting to our heads. I don’t mean to disrespect the earthquake victims or anybody related to them, but we need an announcement right now. This hiatus is unbearable.
We really don't though.

It's news about a videogame, guys. Chill.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Behold! My greatest creation yet! I present to you a weapon to surpass Metal Gear - Hax-axe-axe-axe-axe-orus!
Axe-arus.png

Ignore that Hector's axe is cut off somewhat, that's an issue with Heroes art.
Also ignore that the tail axe is cut off, that was me being a sloppy image editor.
Edit: Fixed the tail axe.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe the direct was just a fever dream we all had and it was never a real thing

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace

Oh then perhaps you can share what openly LBGT character is a Nintendo icon and deserves to be in smash as a newcomer based on their own merits.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
They're letting us stew in our anxiousness, waiting for the right moment to strike and overload us with that savory Smash goodness.

You know a thought just occurred to me, we haven't gotten a double feature reveal trailer yet. So since me and very few other are still sane let me ask you.

If we got a double reveal trailer for the Direct who would be in it? 1 echo along with the unique character is fine, but I prefer to hear about your thoughts on two unique characters for a trailer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Behold! My greatest creation yet! I present to you a weapon to surpass Metal Gear - Hax-axe-axe-axe-axe-orus!
View attachment 163079
Ignore that Hector's axe is cut off somewhat, that's an issues with Heroes art.
Also ignore that the tail axe is cut off, that was me being a sloppy image editor.
Make a costume where it's Astraroth from Soul Calibur as the rider and you got a deal.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
They're letting us stew in our anxiousness, waiting for the right moment to strike and overload us with that savory Smash goodness.

You know a thought just occurred to me, we haven't gotten a double feature reveal trailer yet. So since me and very few other are still sane let me ask you.

If we got a double reveal trailer for the Direct who would be in it? 1 echo along with the unique character is fine, but I prefer to hear about your thoughts on two unique characters for a trailer.
It's quite obvious for me. Geno and Boshi. Whether Geno is revealed first and then Boshi or the other way around, doesn't matter

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Geno and Mallow. Double reveal trailer for two unique newcomers after all the other Mario heroes die in trailers and leave Peach defenseless.

Two teammates from her past come to her aid.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
View attachment 163079
Ignore that Hector's axe is cut off somewhat, that's an issues with Heroes art.
I just keep waiting for a Dark Souls healthbar to pop up on this so I can die a happy person

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh then perhaps you can share what openly LBGT character is a Nintendo icon and deserves to be in smash as a newcomer based on their own merits.
First, it's not really my job to provide you with an option. I'm not the one asking for LGBT representation. Asking for me to provide proof for your accusation is a logical fallacy. Again, the poster you quoted merely wished there were LGBT representation and didn't go any further than that.

Second, even if I chose to find someone to fit that bill and prove a point, whether or not a character "deserves" to be in Smash is a purely subjective argument. There's no way that I can *prove* a character "deserves" anything. Personally, I don't think Dark Pit "deserves" to be on the roster, but he is already.

And third: Wow. Cloud from FF7 on the Sony Playstation sure is a Nintendo icon.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
You can’t prove somebody deserves to be in Smash, it’s a very subjective matter. I could say Zero deserves to be in Smash and everyone here could disagree me. Deserving isn’t a real metric to judge newcomers by. Y’know, being a **** doesn’t make yours bigger.

StormC

Smash Hero
Every day I wake up the first thing I do is google "Smash Direct" in hopes of some news...

Time to go to bed and hope against hope that something fruitful will happen when I do it again tomorrow.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I mean, if we're at the point where Mario series is adding Daisy, I'm someone out there can build a case for Birdo, who is an openly trans character.

I would also make a case for Vivian from TTYD. Less likely, but hey, if Geno can have a cult following that gets him in Smash after almost two decades, maybe we can get Vivian in Smash by 2039.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So a while ago, I made a roster that I was quite content and happy with; believing it hit all the right notes while looking at both potential leaks as well as how it could benefit Smash. Wishing to continue in this direction, I have been writing up character information for each confirmed newcomer in my roster. As it takes some time to do, I am doing one character when I post unless under a special circumstance. First character is Issac.

I present to everyone here. The Ultimate roster made with Ultimate in mind for the Ultimate Smash Bros. This is my most Ultimate Roster.

While the leaks that have came out somewhat influenced because of “hey, that would be cool”, I tried to base the expanded roster based on Ultimate. It has your iconic characters, your requested characters, new characters, old characters, and even a few oddballs that I personally want. It is Ultimate.

I’ll elaborate on my choices in a later post.
Thoughts on this roster?
Isaac

Issac Shakes It Out!
Isaac from Golden Sun is a hero in his own right and has saved the world multiple times. As Venus Adept, he can control the earth and nature. His son, Matthew, is the hero in Dark Dawn.

Tagline: The Venus Adept

Why Isaac?: Isaac is one of those characters that has had a large amount support even before Brawl and being regulated to an Assist did acknowledge that he had potential. However, he never appeared in Smash 4 so his fate in Smash is up in the air. Given we gitvtwo highly requested cgaracters, Isaac seems up to bat. Plus, a new series to boot.

Benefits: Like Kid Icarus, Punch-Out, Sin and Punsihment, and potentially Xenobkade, Dillon, and Bayonetta, Isaac’s inclusion could lead to a reboot of the series. Golden Sun content could also include Venus Lighthouse and a Felix Assist Trophy. Djinn could also be a Pokeball type summon which can be used to summon stronger creatures.

Game Play: Isaac would probably be a bit like Cloud in size but slower with a more defensive game. He relies on calculated moves rather than speed or brute strength. He boasts high defenses with the strongest shield in the game. For example, like Yoshi, Issac’s should differs from other shields in that it’s in the shape of a rock dome that crumbles upon shielding out. In addition, some of his neautral sword attacks cause splash debris damage much in the same vein as Charizard’s Rock Smash.

Neutral Attack: Performs a sword slash followed by a second one and an infinite jab consisting of a spray of small pebbles.

Forward Tilt: Isaac slashes forward horizontally while releasing additional splash debris damage.

Up Tilt: Cuts up in a straight up slash with the blade held vertically followed by a curve overhead cut that seals splash debris damage.

Down Tilt: Turns pivot and slams his hilt into the opponent that hits hard but is slow.

Neutral Aerial: Downward too to bottom slash that deals splash debris damage.

Forward Aerial: Releases a storm of thorny vines with travels forward slightly.

Back Aerial: Performs a backward kick followed by a second kick.

Up Aerial: Performs an overhead arch slash that deals splash debris damage.

Down Aerial: Crashes down to the ground while enveloping his sword into a stalagmite.

Grab: Grabs hold using vines. Can be used as a tether.

Pummel. Back hand with sword hand.

Forward Throw: Slams the opponent down in front with a vine before blasting them away with psyenergy.

Back Thrown: Envelopes the opponent into a ball of earth and chucks them behind him in which he ball breaks upon contact with an outside force.

Down Throw: Causes a slight ground vibration which buries the opponent.

Up Throw: Pierces the opponent with a stalagmite that rises from the ground.

Side Smash Helm Splitter: Performs a powerful overhead sword slash that deals more damage when it connects with the opponents head.

Up Smash Growth: Isaac summons a growth of vines to erupt all around him; both dealing damage as well as protecting him from harm.

Down Smash Quake: Releases energy to the ground which causes opponent sto trip within the vicinity.

Neutral Special Move: Isaac releases a non-damaging energy force in the shape of a hand that pushes the opponent forward. Performing it in the air causes the push to be angled downwards.

Side Special Thorn: Isaac releases a spear made of vines and thorns that stabs forward and is a great shield breaker.

Up Special Gaia: Isaac opens a rift of energy under him and catapults himself into the air using the force of Earth...along with anyone near him.

Down Special Avalanche: Summon several rocks to fall from the sky that functions like a slower Pikachu’s Thunder but deals more damage including a meteor smash for airborne opponents.

Final Smash Odyssey: Isaac calls forth two rapier-shaped swords which strikes the middle of the stage; roughly half the size of FD in an X shape. A larger more ornate sword smashes through them both straight down from the sky taking up slightly more than half of FD. This strike causes a large explosion.
Codecs:
:ultpit: Hey, this guy seems familiar…
:ultpalutena: That’s not surprising, pit. You probably saw him when you got him as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
:ultpit: Oh yeah! He was that guy who would launch those hand thingies. They were so annoying!
Viridi: Well, they are back!
:ultpit: Oh, no! What’s with this guy?!
:ultpalutena: Issac is his name. He is a Venus Adept.
:ultpit: Venus? As in the Goddess of Loooove?
Viridi: Hardly. He has power of the element of Earth and Nature. He can control the ground and plants.
:ultpit: Wow! That’s a handy ability to have! Good thing I have the power of Flight!
:ultpalutena: Sorry, Pit. This isn’t Brawl. You do have multiple jumps but you are practically grounded like the rest of cast.
:ultpit: Grrr!
Viridi: Isaac is a defensive fighter who when you find an opening, hit him hard!
:ultpit: Hey...how do you know about him? You weren’t even around back then!
Viridi: Haha! Unlike you, I read up on any enemies that appear in our way!
:ultpit: Hmmph

:ultsnake: Hey, look, it’s Isaac.
Mei Ling: You have quite the memory, Snake.
:ultsnake: I never forget a face. Especially a youngster who can throw energy hands everywhere.
Mei Ling: Well, he has more than just energy hands. He has access to a wide range of techniques.
:ultsnake: Yeah, and I got explosives.
Mei Ling: And a cardboard box. Do your techniques alter the very earth around you?
:ultsnake: If I explode it enough it does.
Mei Ling: Touche. Isaac can call upon the forces of nature. The very Earth you stan don is his weapon!
:ultsnake: Big deal. My very hands are a weapon.
Mei Ling: My, that’s some confidence. Just don’t get yourself hurt, Snake.

On-Screen Appearance: Appears within a stalagmite which bursts; revealing Isaac.

Taunts:
  1. Isaac holds his hands up and shows one of a number of objects found in Golden Sun.
  2. Isaac holds out both hands and powers up with Venus Psyenergy.
  3. Isaac causes a tall flower to bloom from the ground.
Victory Animations:
  1. Isaac summons a Venus Djinn which swirls around him.
  2. Isaac holds his sword up and jumps into the air.
  3. Isaac holds out one arm and brings out a Venus Djinn which swirls around him.

Assist Trophy: Felix: Felix appears and begins summon stalagmites to fall down around the stage; exploding with earthen might upon landing.

Stage: Venus Lighthouse: A three leveled stage centered around with a crumbling gray rock facade. It is located near a cascading waterfall that falls down the side. The stage has a day and night sequence.

Possibly Djinn could be collected as a stage mechanic which, upon collecting four Djinn, the player can summon a poweartful creature:

Judgement fires a holy energy blast which envelopes the stage in a powerful explosion of white light.
Tiamat arrives and casts fire about the stage while sending up fire fissures randomly.
Thor slams down to the stage and swings his great hammer down; causing wild sparks to shoot up around the stage.
Boreas shatters the ice encasing it and blows it according the stage; freezing anyone.
Eclipse requires 2 Jupiter and 2 Mercury Djinns. It hovers in the background and releases powerful energy beams at the stage.
Haures requires 2 Venus and 2 Mars Djinn. It appears from a black portal and releases numerous slashes across the stage.

Items

Djinn are definitely a possible item as opposed to a stage mechanic and would function like a Pokeball. However, here are some other ideas:

Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, and Mars Star: Powers up certain elemental moves.
Fairy Ring: negates negative status affects like Lip’s Stick or Jiggly’s Sleep.
Illusion Perfume: Breaking the bottle causes opponents controls to freak out sporadically causing erratic movements suddenly.

Music:

Victory Theme:

Trophies
Garet
Ivan
Mia
Jenna
Felix
Saturos and Mernardi
Alex
Sheba
Piers
Karst and Agatio
Matthew
Tyrell
Karis
Rief
Blados, Chalis, and Arcanos
Venus Lighthouse
Adult Isaac
Djinn
Judgement (summon)
Tiamat (summon)
Thor (summon)
Boreas (summon)
Eclipse (summon)
Haures (summon)

Kirby Hat: Consists of Isaac’s blonde hair and performs Move.

Alternate Palette
6E0D8D60-4599-497F-8902-D5A2454B3862.png

Yellow: Default
Blue: Matthew
Red: Garet
Purple: Ivan
White: Mia
Green: Felix
Pink: Jenna
Cyan: Alex

Potential Trailer

Olimar is seen walking around with his Pikmin and finds a Snitchbug and begins throwing Pikmin at it to take it down. Successful defeating the beast, Olimar goes off with its prize to breed for Pikmin when Olimar spots a strange creature he has never seen before. It has its body half buried in the ground with only its head visible. He tries pulling it but it begins to cry. Olimar pulls harder when all of a sudden, stalagmite juts out from the ground next to Olimar.

Frightened, Olimar looks and tries to run the other way when a second one juts up. He covers his head and starts shivering and shaking at his knees. The Pikmin around him though point and the camera swings to a figure standing against a rising yellow sun. The figure holds out his sword and vines begin growing all around Olimar. It grabs hold of him and him alone; leaving the Pikmin by themselves.

The creature, revealed to be a Venus Djinn flies over to Isaac who steps out of the glare of the sun. Cue splash scene Determined and slightly pissed, he prepares to throw Olimar into the sky when a Bulborb appears (the trailer paying no heed to the size different canon). The Bulborb jumps and devours Olimar who was covered in vines causing the Pikmin to be dismayed.

Isaac, seeing that Olimar probably wasn’t bad, readies his blade to defeat the Bulborb.

Cue gameplay footage

The ending scene consists of a now dead Bulborb lying on his back. The Pikmin jump up and down on the beasts belly so he can regurgitate the poor Captain which, he eventually does which catapults him high into the air...which Isaac intially intended to.

Isaac watches as Olimar gets launched into the stratosphere and the Pikmin rush after it and looks back at the screen, gives a “oh well” face, and shrugs his shoulder.

Other Notes

Technically speaking, Felix or Matthew could also serve as an Echo Fighter of Isaac with the former being listed on various leaks. However, Matthew is Isaac’s son and wears much of the same clothing so it’s not a stretch to suggest Matthew would be an echo fighter. It is possible that both could also be regulated as alt costume palettes like how Ike and Adult Ike is.

N3ON N3ON , how does this look? Anything I’m missing? Feel free to share this with your support thread.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
You know we're slowly going insane when that "EVERYONE.IS.SCREAMING." video is one of the top posts of reddit.

........I fear for our wellbeing, mostly mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom