• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Gotta love how everyone's just throwing around Xenoblade spoilers like there's no tomorrow.
Eh, I normally spoiler tag Xenoblade, but Smash gives tons of Xenoblade spoilers and the game is 2 console generations ago. I normally consider 3 yrs the gold standard for how long you should spoiler tag things and 5 yrs the just-to-be-safe amount.

We can't spoiler tag everything indefinitely, but I'm sorry if my 5 yrs to be polite standard is still not strong enough for people

On a related note, is there a generally accepted Smashboards community standard of how many years to avoid spoiling things?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I normally spoiler tag Xenoblade, but Smash gives tons of Xenoblade spoilers and the game is 2 console generations ago. I normally consider 3 yrs the gold standard for how long you should spoiler tag things and 5 yrs the just-to-be-safe amount.

We can't spoiler tag everything indefinitely, but I'm sorry if my 5 yrs to be polite standard is still not strong enough for people

On a related note, is there a generally accepted Smashboards community standard of how many years to avoid spoiling things?
My rule is: "Spoiler story spoilers." Otherwise, it's just simply maybe about a month or two for other general stuff.

It doesn't help when you have constant speculation.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Your avatar fits your comment perfectly.

Also, sorry.
My Avatar expresses how I feel about everything, all day, every day. :]

It's a big game okay and I have a huge backlog of stuff to play so I'm sorry if I haven't finished it yet but honestly JRPGs should have spoiler warnings regardless because they're so long and plot heavy.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh now we're talking about feet.

God damn it Nintendo just drop this **** already.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Haxorus.

What? His face is an axe! He totally counts.
Lizalfos from Twilight Princess (if you count his tail)
Wait, we have Haxorus, who has an axe for a face.
Then if you give him Lizalfos's armor, he has an axe on his tail.
Then if you give him Richter's and Simon's throwing axes, then he has an axe in each hand.
Then we can put a saddle on him and have Hector ride him around like a Yoshi.

I think we may have just discovered the ultimate weapon. Someone get to work on some crappy fan art pronto, lest I have to draw it myself.

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
might as well ****post considering nothing good will come of the current conversation

Hello, I am part of the editing team for the Minecon Earth livestream, and I have some secret information about what will be shown. The livestream will end with fading to white, then going into black in a cross-shaped thing. There will be a scene of Zelda running through a dungeon, and placing a bomb next to a wall, the wall explodes, revealing a room full of diamond ore. All of a sudden, ten Wither Skeletons surround him, but before they can kill him, a splash potion wipes them out. Zelda can now see a blocky figure holding a jagged sword. It jumps out of the shadows, and the words “Steve mines his way in!” Steve is revealed as a fighter for Smash Ultimate, as Microsoft is now owned by Nintendo. There is some gameplay footage, and Herobrine is revealed as an Echo Fighter. After the gameplay is shown, Sakurai in a Dragon Ball Z shirt explains more about the fighters, and he is in a room filled with Waluigi Plushes. Steve cannot grab or hang on ledges, and his crawl is extremely slow, but his attacks have little to no lag and absurdly long range, as he doesn’t even have to hit his opponent to do damage. His alternate costumes are him and Alex in Gold, Iron and Diamond Armor. There are also Creeper, Wither Skeleton, Wither, Drowned, and Spider Jockey assist trophies, and then a scrolling Minecraft stage going from the beginning of the game to the end. That’s all the info on the Minecon Earth Livestream I have, I hope you have a good day.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I was going to make a foot fetish joke but I know someone out here would find that sexy. The internet has ruined me
My avatar features not only tentacles, but also a vibrating device with a hole in the middle. Sometimes it's best to just not think about things too much lest they be ruined forever.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Here's a challenge, think of an Axe user who's NOT from FE. Who y'all got?
Little Mac.
He seems like the type of guy who'd use AXE.
Personally I'm more of an Old Spice kinda guy.
Doc Louis probably just rubs himself with chocolate bars though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad I got some serious answers for that post.

Though I should have known some of you would meme the Belmonts and Villager using an Axe for one move.

Enchess

Smash Lord
My Avatar expresses how I feel about everything, all day, every day. :]

It's a big game okay and I have a huge backlog of stuff to play so I'm sorry if I haven't finished it yet but honestly JRPGs should have spoiler warnings regardless because they're so long and plot heavy.
Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as criticism, more "I didn't mean to ruin it for you, I just don't always spoiler tag things over 5 yrs old"

I see spoilers for Bayonetta, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, etc posted pretty regularly untagged here so I didn't realize I was gonna upset someone.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
might as well ****post considering nothing good will come of the current conversation

Hello, I am part of the editing team for the Minecon Earth livestream, and I have some secret information about what will be shown. The livestream will end with fading to white, then going into black in a cross-shaped thing. There will be a scene of Zelda running through a dungeon, and placing a bomb next to a wall, the wall explodes, revealing a room full of diamond ore. All of a sudden, ten Wither Skeletons surround him, but before they can kill him, a splash potion wipes them out. Zelda can now see a blocky figure holding a jagged sword. It jumps out of the shadows, and the words “Steve mines his way in!” Steve is revealed as a fighter for Smash Ultimate, as Microsoft is now owned by Nintendo. There is some gameplay footage, and Herobrine is revealed as an Echo Fighter. After the gameplay is shown, Sakurai in a Dragon Ball Z shirt explains more about the fighters, and he is in a room filled with Waluigi Plushes. Steve cannot grab or hang on ledges, and his crawl is extremely slow, but his attacks have little to no lag and absurdly long range, as he doesn’t even have to hit his opponent to do damage. His alternate costumes are him and Alex in Gold, Iron and Diamond Armor. There are also Creeper, Wither Skeleton, Wither, Drowned, and Spider Jockey assist trophies, and then a scrolling Minecraft stage going from the beginning of the game to the end. That’s all the info on the Minecon Earth Livestream I have, I hope you have a good day.
Oh yeah, there's another character who wields an axe; Minecraft Steve.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
everyone's talking about golden axe and every time I think about that game I get it confused with the game where you collect orbs and transform into beasts?? don't remember what it's called or really anything about it.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Glad I got some serious answers for that post.

Though I should have known some of you would meme the Belmonts and Villager using an Axe for one move.
Unfortunately Simon Belmont is the closest i will get to Gillius, him looking all barbaric actually makes him look like a Golden Axe character too (btw, anyone know if he has a green armour skin? Please let it be ;_:

Also the closest thing I got to Shovel Knight, ah well

everyone's talking about golden axe and every time I think about that game I get it confused with the game where you collect orbs and transform into beasts?? don't remember what it's called or really anything about it.
That's altered beast

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Altered Beast. Classic. I love the terrible voice clips in that game.

Chrono.

That's Altered Beast.

It's also from SEGA and a side scroller so I get the confusion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Altered Beast is the name of the game.

It got a gritty PS2 game as well.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as criticism, more "I didn't mean to ruin it for you, I just don't always spoiler tag things over 5 yrs old"

I see spoilers for Bayonetta, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, etc posted pretty regularly untagged here so I didn't realize I was gonna upset someone.
Normally I don't care about spoilers but this is an exception.

I try to spoiler mark anything with a story, personally.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
A bit late but CoroCoro isn't due out until Saturday and we probably won't get leaks of it until Wednesday/Thursday

Famitsu isn't out until Thursday and typically leaks come out from it on Tuesday/Wednesday

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well for round 2, a Spear/Staff user that's not FE or Bandanna Dee since he's talked about a lot.

Axe users at least got people to mention Guilius and our boy Isaac.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
A bit late but CoroCoro isn't due out until Saturday and we probably won't get leaks of it until Wednesday/Thursday

Famitsu isn't out until Thursday and typically leaks come out from it on Tuesday/Wednesday
The goal post has been moved and at this rate the direct will come out the week after because wynaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom