• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
So a while ago, I made a roster that I was quite content and happy with; believing it hit all the right notes while looking at both potential leaks as well as how it could benefit Smash. Wishing to continue in this direction, I have been writing up character information for each confirmed newcomer in my roster. As it takes some time to do, I am doing one character when I post unless under a special circumstance. First character is Issac.

Isaac

Issac Shakes It Out!
Isaac from Golden Sun is a hero in his own right and has saved the world multiple times. As Venus Adept, he can control the earth and nature. His son, Matthew, is the hero in Dark Dawn.

Tagline: The Venus Adept

Why Isaac?: Isaac is one of those characters that has had a large amount support even before Brawl and being regulated to an Assist did acknowledge that he had potential. However, he never appeared in Smash 4 so his fate in Smash is up in the air. Given we gitvtwo highly requested cgaracters, Isaac seems up to bat. Plus, a new series to boot.

Benefits: Like Kid Icarus, Punch-Out, Sin and Punsihment, and potentially Xenobkade, Dillon, and Bayonetta, Isaac’s inclusion could lead to a reboot of the series. Golden Sun content could also include Venus Lighthouse and a Felix Assist Trophy. Djinn could also be a Pokeball type summon which can be used to summon stronger creatures.

Game Play: Isaac would probably be a bit like Cloud in size but slower with a more defensive game. He relies on calculated moves rather than speed or brute strength.

Side Smash Helm Splitter: Performs a powerful overhead sword slash that deals more damage when it connects with the opponents head.

Up Smash Growth: Isaac summons a growth of vines to erupt all around him; both dealing damage as well as protecting him from harm.

Down Smash Quake: Releases energy to the ground which causes opponent sto trip within the vicinity.

Neutral Special Move: Isaac releases a non-damaging energy force in the shape of a hand that pushes the opponent forward. Performing it in the air causes the push to be angled downwards.

Side Special Thorn: Isaac releases a spear made of vines and thorns that stabs forward and is a great shield breaker.

Up Special Gaia: Isaac opens a rift of energy under him and catapults himself into the air using the force of Earth...along with anyone near him.

Down Special Avalanche: Summon several rocks to fall from the sky that functions like a slower Pikachu’s Thunder but deals more damage including a meteor smash for airborne opponents.

Final Smash Odyssey: Isaac calls forth two rapier-shaped swords which strikes the middle of the stage; roughly half the size of FD in an X shape. A larger more ornate sword smashes through them both straight down from the sky taking up slightly more than half of FD. This strike causes a large explosion.
Codecs:
:ultpit: Hey, this guy seems familiar…
:ultpalutena: That’s not surprising, pit. You probably saw him when you got him as an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
:ultpit: Oh yeah! He was that guy who would launch those hand thingies. They were so annoying!
Viridi: Well, they are back!
:ultpit: Oh, no! What’s with this guy?!
:ultpalutena: Issac is his name. He is a Venus Adept.
:ultpit: Venus? As in the Goddess of Loooove?
Viridi: Hardly. He has power of the element of Earth and Nature. He can control the ground and plants.
:ultpit: Wow! That’s a handy ability to have! Good thing I have the power of Flight!
:ultpalutena: Sorry, Pit. This isn’t Brawl. You do have multiple jumps but you are practically grounded like the rest of cast.
:ultpit: Grrr!
Viridi: Isaac is a defensive fighter who when you find an opening, hit him hard!
:ultpit: Hey...how do you know about him? You weren’t even around back then!
Viridi: Haha! Unlike you, I read up on any enemies that appear in our way!
:ultpit: Hmmph

:ultsnake: Hey, look, it’s Isaac.
Mei Ling: You have quite the memory, Snake.
:ultsnake: I never forget a face. Especially a youngster who can throw energy hands everywhere.
Mei Ling: Well, he has more than just energy hands. He has access to a wide range of techniques.
:ultsnake: Yeah, and I got explosives.
Mei Ling: And a cardboard box. Do your techniques alter the very earth around you?
:ultsnake: If I explode it enough it does.
Mei Ling: Touche. Isaac can call upon the forces of nature. The very Earth you stan don is his weapon!
:ultsnake: Big deal. My very hands are a weapon.
Mei Ling: My, that’s some confidence. Just don’t get yourself hurt, Snake.

On-Screen Appearance: Appears within a stalagmite which bursts; revealing Isaac.

Taunts:
  1. Isaac holds his hands up and shows one of a number of objects found in Golden Sun.
  2. Isaac holds out both hands and powers up with Venus Psyenergy.
  3. Isaac causes a tall flower to bloom from the ground.
Victory Animations:
  1. Isaac summons a Venus Djinn which swirls around him.
  2. Isaac holds his sword up and jumps into the air.
  3. Isaac holds out one arm and brings out a Venus Djinn which swirls around him.

Assist Trophy: Felix: Felix appears and begins summon stalagmites to fall down around the stage; exploding with earthen might upon landing.

Stage: Venus Lighthouse: A three leveled stage centered around with a crumbling gray rock facade. It is located near a cascading waterfall that falls down the side. The stage has a day and night sequence.

Possibly Djinn could be collected as a stage mechanic which, upon collecting four Djinn, the player can summon a poweartful creature:

Judgement fires a holy energy blast which envelopes the stage in a powerful explosion of white light.
Tiamat arrives and casts fire about the stage while sending up fire fissures randomly.
Thor slams down to the stage and swings his great hammer down; causing wild sparks to shoot up around the stage.
Boreas shatters the ice encasing it and blows it according the stage; freezing anyone.
Eclipse requires 2 Jupiter and 2 Mercury Djinns. It hovers in the background and releases powerful energy beams at the stage.
Haures requires 2 Venus and 2 Mars Djinn. It appears from a black portal and releases numerous slashes across the stage.

Items

Djinn are definitely a possible item as opposed to a stage mechanic and would function like a Pokeball. However, here are some other ideas:

Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, and Mars Star: Powers up certain elemental moves.
Fairy Ring: negates negative status affects like Lip’s Stick or Jiggly’s Sleep.
Illusion Perfume: Breaking the bottle causes opponents controls to freak out sporadically causing erratic movements suddenly.

Music:

Victory Theme:

Trophies
Garet
Ivan
Mia
Jenna
Felix
Saturos and Mernardi
Alex
Sheba
Piers
Karst and Agatio
Matthew
Tyrell
Karis
Rief
Blados, Chalis, and Arcanos
Venus Lighthouse
Adult Isaac
Djinn
Judgement (summon)
Tiamat (summon)
Thor (summon)
Boreas (summon)
Eclipse (summon)
Haures (summon)

Kirby Hat: Consists of Isaac’s blonde hair and performs Move.

Alternate Palette
View attachment 163081

Yellow: Default
Blue: Matthew
Red: Garet
Purple: Ivan
White: Mia
Green: Felix
Pink: Jenna
Cyan: Alex

Potential Trailer

Olimar is seen walking around with his Pikmin and finds a Snitchbug and begins throwing Pikmin at it to take it down. Successful defeating the beast, Olimar goes off with its prize to breed for Pikmin when Olimar spots a strange creature he has never seen before. It has its body half buried in the ground with only its head visible. He tries pulling it but it begins to cry. Olimar pulls harder when all of a sudden, stalagmite juts out from the ground next to Olimar.

Frightened, Olimar looks and tries to run the other way when a second one juts up. He covers his head and starts shivering and shaking at his knees. The Pikmin around him though point and the camera swings to a figure standing against a rising yellow sun. The figure holds out his sword and vines begin growing all around Olimar. It grabs hold of him and him alone; leaving the Pikmin by themselves.

The creature, revealed to be a Venus Djinn flies over to Isaac who steps out of the glare of the sun. Cue splash scene Determined and slightly pissed, he prepares to throw Olimar into the sky when a Bulborb appears (the trailer paying no heed to the size different canon). The Bulborb jumps and devours Olimar who was covered in vines causing the Pikmin to be dismayed.

Isaac, seeing that Olimar probably wasn’t bad, readies his blade to defeat the Bulborb.

Cue gameplay footage

The ending scene consists of a now dead Bulborb lying on his back. The Pikmin jump up and down on the beasts belly so he can regurgitate the poor Captain which, he eventually does which catapults him high into the air...which Isaac intially intended to.

Isaac watches as Olimar gets launched into the stratosphere and the Pikmin rush after it and looks back at the screen, gives a “oh well” face, and shrugs his shoulder.

Other Notes

Technically speaking, Felix or Matthew could also serve as an Echo Fighter of Isaac with the former being listed on various leaks. However, Matthew is Isaac’s son and wears much of the same clothing so it’s not a stretch to suggest Matthew would be an echo fighter. It is possible that both could also be regulated as alt costume palettes like how Ike and Adult Ike is.

@N3ON , how does this look? Anything I’m missing? Feel free to share this with your support thread.
I cant believe people do all of this just to get their favorite character in Smash...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
As far as characters with unique weaponry go, what if I told you there was a foundly remembered arguably iconic character who starred in some classic games on the NES and SNES that were critically and commercially successful who utilizes lances, daggers, torches, axes, crossbows, scythes, etc and can even power up these weapons with magic?
IMG_2439.JPG

And I'm not just bringing him up because Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts was the first video game I ever played... Ok maybe that is part of the reason.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
As far as characters with unique weaponry go, what if I told you there was a foundly remembered arguably iconic character who starred in some classic games on the NES and SNES that were critically and commercially successful who utilizes lances, daggers, torches, axes, crossbows, scythes, etc and can even power up these weapons with magic?
View attachment 163086
And I'm not just bringing him up because Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts was the first video game I ever played... Ok maybe that is part of the reason.
Dante is still better though

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's Monday already?
Huuh, I thought it was still Saturday for some reason... time sure has slowed to a crawl here lately.

View attachment 163086
Maaan, what I'd do to see Arthur and Simon finally squaring off. :colorful:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember there was a user here who gave a score to Smash Ultimate's new artworks for each characters.

Who were they again, and did they continue it?

EDIT: Found them, it is Connery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 163086
In order to fully represent him, Sakurai decides to make his fighting style bull**** hard to play...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So with assist trophies being promoted as being able to be KOed and even scoring you points, I wonder if we'll see some as opponents in a mode or not.

Maybe even be opponents in Classic mode, or part of certain event matches.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
So with assist trophies being promoted as being able to be KOed and even scoring you points, I wonder if we'll see some as opponents in a mode or not.

Can we KO the moon from Majora's Mask?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Interesting idea

Why is your text so big all of a sudden? :yoshi:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It may as well be cancelled at this point. Famitsu wil leak everything before it airs.
Because NA and EU have easy access to Famitsu.

Even if Famitsu leaks literally everything in the Direct, there's still gonna be a lot of people who don't know what was revealed. Having Nintendo present all the material themselves in a convenient video and providing a more in-depth look at the announcements is much better than throwing caution to the wind and expecting your average everyday consumer to scour the internet to see what was discussed in a Japanese magazine.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
It may as well be cancelled at this point. Famitsu wil leak everything before it airs.
No way it happens lol.
People react to Famitsu as if Nintendo doesn't have a freacking phone and just call them in order to ask them to remove the Direct content. They would have done it since they decided to postpone the Direct, so the magazine had all the time to fill those pages with something else.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So I kinda had this dream that I just woke up from like 10 mins ago...

This is a big dream that features Smash in a way I think. Basically it starts off with a female MH hunter in a Kirin outfit in that Steppe stage (well, it looks more like the Steppe from the MH series with its obstabcles), running away from a big Charizard (including fire breath attacks), and is getting beat up a bit. Before the Charizard gets to finish her off, a Rathalos appears and attacks the Charizard by holding part of its body in its mouth (which seems uncharacteristic as Rathalos prefers to carry prey/enemies with its talons) and tossing Charizard away. With the Charizard outta the way, the Hunter becomes more confident and faces off against the Rathalos.
I can't remember much else from this dream, but it sounds something special to me, not just because it's a good dream (which I rarely get), but perhaps this could be one of those "permeation" dreams or whatever the word is that I had once before, and this could be something similar that could happen, or at least I hope it does, a peculiar way to bring a MH character in, but it probably won't happen, but at least I had a nice dream.

It's also surprising because I don't remember dreams well and usually have to write what I remember right away or I'd forget.

D

Deleted member

I saw Ike discourse so I just wanna leave this here
downloadceed34f2_ed_2f0_2fPictures_2fScreenshots_2fScreenshot_20180910-071314.png

Also, Priam's existence is as canon as Gangrel surviving getting stabbed by Chrom, Walhart becoming a zombie, and Emmeryn surviving that fall. It's not. None of the Awakening paralogues are.

*We now return to your regularly scheduled thirsting over the Direct*

EDIT 2: bad word removed

Last edited by a moderator:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 163090
Also, Priam's existence is as canon as Gangrel surviving getting stabbed by Chrom, Walhart becoming a zombie, and Emmeryn surviving that fall. It's not. None of the Awakening paralogues are.

Who was Ike holding? I hope it wasn't Soren. I find him gross. Was it Boyd? I hope it was Boyd.

(I haven't played Path of Radiance, but I saw a bit of a playthrough on YouTube. I watched til the intro of Elincia. Soren soured me real quick.)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
View attachment 163090

Well Priam might still be canon, didn't Ike had a sister? That would still count for being a discendant of him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 163090

They're all Canon.

Gangrel, Aversa, and Walhart got their redemption.

Emmeryn lives.

FIGHT ME!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Something I've noticed after observing many item matches of Ultimate-'s E3 Demo, is that whenever an Assist Trophy gets used, there's usually a high chance that another gets dropped right after.

Like that's how we got to see Knuckles and Krystal team up in Town and City, or Takamaru having a duel with Samurai Goroh in Mario Galaxy back in Japan Expo

And well, guess just who Ashley was accompanied with during her deconfirmation:

I got to say, this type of change has made Assists little more interesting to see in the battlefield, depending on who you get... some make for interesting combinations

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
They're all Canon.

Emmeryn lives.

FIGHT ME!
I didn't mind Aversa's redemption. Gangrel and Walhart were pretty unbelievable, if memory serves. I know Chrom likes to believe the best in people...

I thought bringing Emmeryn back was a bad choice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who was Ike holding? I hope it wasn't Soren. I find him gross. Was it Boyd? I hope it was Boyd.

(I haven't played Path of Radiance, but I saw a bit of a playthrough on YouTube. I watched til the intro of Elincia. Soren soured me real quick.)
It was Soren.

But Ike was also the literal only person Soren could vent to. They got a sort of trust-build bond.

Still don't think Ike is gay. Otherwise, explain Priam.

Also, this arguement is toxic because it makes straight male friends not wanna open up emotionally to their friends, and that's just bad news for the whole world at a grand scale.

Honestly we just need Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remakes at this point man...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't mind Aversa's redemption. Gangrel and Walhart were pretty unbelievable, if memory serves. I know Chrom likes to believe the best in people...

I thought bringing Emmeryn back was a bad choice.
Eh. I liked bringing them back.

But I'm a sucker for villains being redeemed.

Yeah, Ike hugged Soren.

My personal headcanon is that Soren has a thing for Ike but Ike is asexual as he's almost treated as some human standard.

Ike is almost treated more like an ideal than a person at times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well Priam might still be canon, didn't Ike had a sister? That would still count for being a discendant of him.
My point is that trying to make sense of Priam is as pointless as trying to explain how any of those characters survived. It doesn't make any sense, it's all fanservice.
They're all Canon.

Emmeryn lives.

FIGHT ME!
Stupid plot contrivances that ruin the story's actual good moments aren't canon! They're just like Sacred Stones's bonus units except here they have a bit more effort out into them, which is all fine and dandy for fanservice but not at the expense of the story!
It was Soren.

But Ike was also the literal only person Soren could vent to. They got a sort of trust-build bond.

Still don't think Ike is gay. Otherwise, explain Priam.

Also, this arguement is toxic because it makes straight male friends not wanna open up emotionally to their friends, and that's just bad news for the whole world at a grand scale.

Honestly we just need Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remakes at this point man...
The only toxic thing about this is how if it was, say, Elincia venting to Ike, people would have called it canon. IkeXSoren has other things going for it, it's not just this one scene(hell, I didn't even know about it until now), but I've seen this enough times already in other fandoms.
Just look at MHA ships for a moment, where people will shoot down ships like Tododeku or Kiribaku because there's no "evidence"(even though it's only ****ing shipping) but "Bakuchaco is canon because of their one battle" and "Todomomo is canon because they paired up for the exams once".
It gets tiring to see time and time again to see LGBT ships shot down for no reason when straight ships get a pass for much less.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I've come back to reiterate that his sister could've made the descendant and that there's more than just gay or straight.

Perhapd we can expand our knowledge and consider all the options that exist?

Also, again, it's literally subjective so this is all pointless banter and this discussion better not become one of the infamous divisive topics this board resorts to during the aftermath of a direct bomb.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stupid plot contrivances that ruin the story's actual good moments aren't canon! They're just like Sacred Stones's bonus units except here they have a bit more effort out into them, which is all fine and dandy for fanservice but not at the expense of the story!
That's a funny way of saying "making the game better."

You won't change my mind here. :4larry:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's Monday already?
Huuh, I thought it was still Saturday for some reason... time sure has slowed to a crawl here lately.

Maaan, what I'd do to see Arthur and Simon finally squaring off. :colorful:
At least I had a day off last week, and weekends go by quick for me. However, it's back to business as usual for this week...

Also, dare to dream.

Sony Conference starting, wonder if we'll get any newcomers.

wait a minute...
In all seriousness, Nintendo is still acknowledging Sony as a threat, even as the year winds down.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ing_in_month_of_august_to_fend_off_spider-man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom