• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
As for being toxic, straight white males (not sure what white has to do with it) need to be taught that even if you are gay, it's not a bad thing, and who you're attracted to should not affect your ability to empathize and show affection for others. Remove both stygmas, don't preserve one to the detriment of the other.
"Not sure what white has to do with it"

Because you were the only one who brought it up. :rolleyes:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I was joking around about that "toxic" statement honestly. I am one sarcastic monkey. Seems like I did get my response out of it however... now we're talking about white straight "cis"-males and all that good stuff. :rolleyes: And for the record, yes I am one. And I don't think am a horrible person because of it. In fact, I don't deserve special priviledges over people of other sexual orientations or different skin colors and I acknowledge I do have them in a way that others can be pretty damn oblivious about.

Kinda like how Ike is oblivious about any sort of attention from women and men. :smirk:

IKE X RAGNELL IS THE ONLY "TRUE SHIP"!
Dude...no one was specifically referring to you nor saying you were a bad person lol.

Wait seeing stuff about TGS, I thought that was next week. Is it like multiple weeks long?

D

Deleted member

Last I'll say on this but telling LGBT people to get "content with what they get" and then proudly declaring oneself as a "white cis straight male" is probably the most ignorant and tactless **** you could say about this subject.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But anyway, back to talking about Smash and related things and not whatever this is,
I'm excited for when TGS starts. Not for anything in particular, moreso out of interest because I've never seen anything from it before so it'll be a new thing for me c:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
ITT: ugh,, GAYS. I’m not a homophobic but GAYS are so NEEDY. no off fence tho WE ARE ALL ONE RACETHE HUMAN RACELets skip the diversityand talk about stuff that mattersHere’s three more fake leaksYou’re welcome

D

Deleted member

Actually, no, let's make this discussion relevant.
New game: there are 4 more unique newcomers and they're all LGBT. Who are they?

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
What if the new character is Hector from Fire Emblem and Priam as an Ike Echo?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
68. Team Rocket (Meowth & Arbok)
69. Team Rocket (Meowth & Weezing)
70. Team Rocket (Meowth & Wobbuffet)
71. Birdo

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The person he replied to mentioned him directly lol
Because he originally used that term and he was reffering to that term specifically.

Point is no one was targeting him and only replying to he was so I just wanted to let him know he had no reason to think anyone thought he was a bad person. I don't think anyone was saying that.
Not Nintendo characters that's for sure :/

(Defintely my husband Niles though. Fire Emblem will have 4 more newcomers, please understand.)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because he originally used that term and he was reffering to that term specifically.

Point is no one was targeting him and only replying to he was so I just wanted to let him know he had no reason to think anyone thought he was a bad person. I don't think anyone was saying that.

Not Nintendo characters that's for sure :/

(Defintely my husband Niles though. Fire Emblem will have 4 more newcomers, please understand.)
I'll admit, I'll glady eat my words that was "I don't want another Fates character" if it is Niles.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
4 LGBTQ reps in Smash Brothers?

RuPaul, Elton John, Ellen DeGeneres, and Laverne Cox.

If you're gonna represent us you best give us the cream of the crop power gays, Sakurai.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Birdo is a transsexual or at the very least crossdresser. Leon from Fire Emblem Echoes also DEFINITELY applies. There's also the Magypsies from MOTHER 3 who literally ***** Lucas as a sort of ritual that gave him PSI powers, and there's the carpenter guy from Zelda Breath of the Wild.

See? LGBT is plently represented I feel.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not that I want it to be a standart but:

Aegis from Persona 3
Tracer from Overwatch
Birdo from Super Mario/Yoshi/idontwantittobeadiscussion
Niles from Fire Emblem

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'll admit, I'll glady eat my words that was "I don't want another Fates character" if it is Niles.
Having a favorite Fire Emblem character is just as bad as having a favorite Pokemon and knowing they'll never get in over the newest starter/Lord :/
Oh ****! Wow. I actually imagined the word white. Wow. What a ****up. My apologies Diddy and everyone else. Wow.

Yeesh. I need to go back to lurking.
I saw that too when you said it, whoops lol. Also my apologies for thinking that was part of the original point. Not that it pretained to any of the following points.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Birdo is a transsexual or at the very least crossdresser. Leon from Fire Emblem Echoes also DEFINITELY applies. There's also the Magypsies from MOTHER 3 who literally ***** Lucas as a sort of ritual that gave him PSI powers, and there's the carpenter guy from Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Ah! I've got it!

Tingle!

1536581471270.png

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
1. Birdo from Mario Series
2. Alfyn from Octopath Traveler
3. Urbosa from TLOZ BOTW
4. Morag from XC2

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Having a favorite Fire Emblem character is just as bad as having a favorite Pokemon and knowing they'll never get in over the newest starter/Lord :/

I saw that too when you said it, whoops lol. Also my apologies for thinking that was part of the original point. Not that it pretained to any of the following points.
Pokemon is better because I know Stunfisk, Misdreavus or Pysduck has no chance being in a fighting game to begin with.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I had never played echoes and just looked up Leon and in turn Valbar, and now I'm sad :( Nintendo why couldn't you just make them happy?!

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Is this sexuality discussion seriously still going on? Ugh direct needs to be released already or at least some Japanese magazine leaks something already

D

Deleted member

68. Bandana Dee(Kirby) - a trans icon
69. Nephenee(Fire Emblem Path of Radiance) - the L-word
69e. Quan(Fire Emblem 4) - Gae Bolg user
70. Celes(Final Fantasy VI) - bisexual
71. Elma(Xenoblade Chronicles X) - the L-word
That's literally me, which is why I wish we got a generic class from FE with various character skins ala Bowser Jr.
Like, for a Lance user? Have Ephraim as the base character and then have Lukas, Nephenee, Donnel, etc all as alternate skins.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had never played echoes and just looked up Leon and in turn Valbar, and now I'm sad :( Nintendo why couldn't you just make them happy?!
Valbar and happy? That ship has been sailed since before the game even started... He was pretty much on a suicide mission when he joins up. Some tragic emotional dude he is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
68. Bandana Dee(Kirby) - a trans icon
69. Nephenee(Fire Emblem Path of Radiance) - the L-word
69e. Quan(Fire Emblem 4) - Gae Bolg user
70. Celes(Final Fantasy VI) - bisexual
71. Elma(Xenoblade Chronicles X) - the L-word

That's literally me, which is why I wish we got a generic class from FE with various character skins ala Bowser Jr.
Like, for a Lance user? Have Ephraim as the base character and then have Lukas, Nephenee, Donnel, etc all as alternate skins.
To be honest, Koopalings probably required a lot less model work than Fire Emblem characters in general, not that it's not a cool idea.

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
So I had another dream about a Smash Bros. Ultimate Character Reveal, except this time, it was actually a character I wanted, Blue Oak. I was so depression when I woke up to the realization that it was only another dream...

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Robin (at least in my headcanon :p ) and Corrin as Fire Emblem Avatars are actually bisexual and already in the game, an argument could be made for Sheik, but that would probably be reaching...
Birdo definetly, there are some Fire Emblem characters (Heather from Radiant Dawn, Nileas and Rhajat from Fates), so I guess thats four...
Also you should keep in mind, if the sexuality of a character is not hinted at at all, he could still be straight, gay or something else, we just don't know. (This actually holds true for some characters already in the game, i.e. Rosalina, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcon... )

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I cant believe people do all of this just to get their favorite character in Smash...
You must be new to Smashboards. Welcome.

This is where we take every possible countless aspect of Smash and scrutinize it while magnifying every single detail to over-blow and convoluted proportions all for the sake of Smash discussion; however meaningless it in the grand scheme of life.

And Isaac isn’t even one of my favorite characters!

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I don't think so...? It was awhile ago, and all I remember was that he was revealed in some way.

I hope not, cause I feel there are more characters deserving of being an Echo of Pokemon Trainer (i.e. - Professor Oak).
How the **** do you expect the dev team to put 802 Pokemon into 1 character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom