• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Once we do get the Nintendo Direct, how much of it do you think will have changed? Do you think any content will have been removed or altered?

I don't think they can just show the same thing as they were going to.
No I don't think anything will be changed personally.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Once we do get the Nintendo Direct, how much of it do you think will have changed? Do you think any content will have been removed or altered?
It depends.
I think it's likely that the Mega Man demo would have been announced in it- and since that was an imminent release, that would have had to have been removed or altered. "The demo will be available after this direct" or something to that effect wouldn't make sense anymore.
We won't actually know one way or the other because none of us has seen the original direct.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It depends.
I think it's likely that the Mega Man demo would have been announced in it- and since that was an imminent release, that would have had to have been removed or altered. "The demo will be available after this direct" or something to that effect wouldn't make sense anymore.
We won't actually know one way or the other because none of us has seen the original direct.
If they say “Available now” for the Mega Man demo, they wouldn’t have to remove it since that’s technically correct.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It depends.
I think it's likely that the Mega Man demo would have been announced in it- and since that was an imminent release, that would have had to have been removed or altered.
If the Direct is shorter than 35 minutes like it was said to be originally, then we will know.

Also I fear any games that may have been viewed as insensitive to recent events might be removed as well.

Japan is known to alter content and ban things based on recent tragedies. So it wouldn't be too surprising if they removed certain games from the Direct that might be related to disasters.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
duck hunt is such a weird and technical character that he's naturally gonna have a lower playerbase, and subsequently fewer big results and a less developed metagame, which leads to him having a lower tier list placing. tiers can't truly 100% reflect the strength of each character in a vacuum because they're based on tournament results, and the factors which lead to a character succeeding in tournaments are varied and go beyond just that character's relative strength. this isnt an indictment of tier lists, just a natural and probably unavoidable limitation of them. they're a guideline more than anything else
My problem with tier lists they are really restricting and they pretty much say players to just do what everyone does.

They are useful but it's going to be weird having a tier list for a 70+ roster. I wonder if any fighting game has that or how much use it has at that point.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Every worse case scenario to happen to a character in the competitive scene happened to my boi in Smash 4. I just want to be done with it so I can focus on Ultimate!!!
Yoshi isn't that bad, he got better treatment than my boy Falco. Going from brawl to smash 4 was painful for Falco fans

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If they say “Available now” for the Mega Man demo, they wouldn’t have to remove it since that’s technically correct.
How would we know that's what it originally said or not *shrug*

If the Direct is shorter than 35 minutes like it was said to be originally, then we will know.

Also I fear any games that may have been viewed as insensitive to recent events might be removed as well.
Fair enough about the length, forgot that was shown hahaha

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Every worse case scenario to happen to a character in the competitive scene happened to my boi in Smash 4. I just want to be done with it so I can focus on Ultimate!!!
Maybe you could be the aMSa of Ultimate Yoshi. Who knows? The character discord channels is usually where all of the discoveries come from, so you could always start there.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
My problem with tier lists they are really restricting and they pretty much say players to just do what everyone does.

They are useful but it's going to be weird having a tier list for a 70+ roster. I wonder if any fighting game has that or how much use it has at that point.
They're a useful resource to be sure, but become a necessary evil once people start taking them as gospel.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Maybe you could be the aMSa of Ultimate Yoshi. Who knows? The character discord channels is usually where all of the discoveries come from, so you could always start there.
I'm on that Discord. They're just depressed over there and they only want to talk about Monster Hunter. Including the Wall who is still, imo, the best Yoshi player even though he's not as active anymore...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Zelda. She's definitely low tier but you can do a lot of cool stuff with her, just like Jigglypuff and Ganondorf having loyal players.

Honorable mentions: WFT, Samus, Robin.
Nope, the bottom 3 are all bad. Underrated would imply they are better than what generally is thought about them.

Marth is in A.tier true but I still feel he's underated.

I put Bayonetta there not that she's underated but I dread going up against her same with a good marth.
Learn what underrated means before posting.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I'm on that Discord. They're just depressed over there and they only want to talk about Monster Hunter. Including the Wall who is still, imo, the best Yoshi player even though he's not as active anymore...
This is so sad. Alexa play The Yoshi Clan - Yoshi's New Island

In all seriousness, all of the character discords are kind of in a state of limbo. The Rob discord is basically silent right now. I'm just saying to stick around in them for Ultimate's release so you can be on top of discoveries.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Nope, the bottom 3 are all bad. Underrated would imply they are better than what generally is thought about them.
You can say that for WFT but how in the world do you think Samus and Robin are bad?

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
True. I prefer to leave it in the dark and not touch it. Having my own opinion will get my head blown off one of these days, not like it's a bad thing but it's like throwing a bouncy ball in a minefield and hoping you don't trigger something (or someone).

just me tho

Louie is gay 100% tho

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
The bottom 3. Robin is also pretty bad though. His meta is about as dead as WFTs.
Eh I wouldn't say Robin is straight up bad, but she's definitely lacking in some areas. I'd say she's on the lower end of mid-tier.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Eh I wouldn't say Robin is straight up bad, but she's definitely lacking in some areas. I'd say she's on the lower end of mid-tier.
I think he deserves more credit than he's gotten. He's just tricky to use, at least for me.

I don't think he's great, of course. Other people are just better, but he's slept on, albeit slightly.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
What is this leak about? My school blocked Twitter and my Phone doesn't have connection, I wanna know what is that leak about...?
Basically says the Direct will be announced in about 50 minutes and then will be shown about 7 hours afterwards, so the original timeslot for the Direct, just on Monday/Tuesday depending on your timezone.

Short turn around on whether it's true or not though. Even if it is right I reckon it could quite easily be a lucky guess though.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What is this leak about? My school blocked Twitter and my Phone doesn't have connection, I wanna know what is that leak about...?
It's not a leak. Just some dude postulating about the direct being announced in 45 minutes and that it's happening same day, at about 6PM EST.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I think he deserves more credit than he's gotten. He's just tricky to use, at least for me.

I don't think he's great, of course. Other people are just better, but he's slept on, albeit slightly.
I wonder if I would have as high of an opinion if Robin if I wasn't in the same state as Marathon.

Last edited:

JayPercent

Smash Rookie
Not a leak, just a guy saying another guy predicts the direct to be in 45 minutes from now, but as other users have pointed out, take it with a truckload of salt. The number of trolls and fake leaks is increasing by the minute at this point.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
This must have been on delayed direct. Ooh I WANT it so bad

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Just got an idea. If they really wanted to explain Ridley shrinking in size in order for him to be playable, they could use the potential adventure mode.

They could have him be infiltrated in the Smash roster as a spy, possibly using some kind of poison mushroom with long-term efects (courtesy of Bowser) as an explanation for his size. That way, he could also be a boss by using normal mushrooms in order to revert back to "normal".

link2702

Smash Champion
:/ I really wish Nintendo would hurry up and make an announcement for the real reschedule date, seems people are losing their minds atm with all the ridiculous and obviously fake “leaks”, waiting for an official word....

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm starting to feel very anxious. It looks like I'm gonna get royally ****ed by a hurricane again by Thursday/Friday so I'll have to add missing the direct to the ****show.
We can only prepare, and hope for the best at this point. Hope that it passes us and dies off, or hope that it falls apart before reaching us. It's too far off to know exactly what it'll be when it reaches, so for now even though it's easier said than done, we should just prepare ourselves and not get too work up about it just yet:)

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I don't think they can just show the same thing as they were going to.
I don't think they've changed anything. Why would they?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Actually, no, let's make this discussion relevant.
New game: there are 4 more unique newcomers and they're all LGBT. Who are they?
Leon from Shadows of Valentia
Niles from Fates
Soleil from Fates
Quan with the Gae (Gay) Bolg from FE4

“Please understand”

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Prediction -
Professor Hector (R.O.B's creator) will be a Dr Mario echo and Gyromite will get a stage.

download.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom