• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know she wasn't the most requested character from the ballot choices, I personally never saw her high on many polls at the time, maybe I was looking in the wrong places, but I think the genuine shock from everywhere I looked at for Smash discussion painted the picture. She always felt like a marketing strategy character instead of a fan pick. But hey, she's in now and I'm happy for her fans. At least the ballot got us Ridley and K.Rool eventually. :)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Good afternoon, gentlemans and beautiful ladies!

I am sorry for not being online earlier. Power in my zone was out, and the Internet was out too.

Did I miss anything?
Samus is pregnant and Mario is the father. The Mushroom Kingdom is in an uproar.

That criminal Yoshi is STILL on the run for tax fraud.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
turns out the character reveal was actually Wiscash and he used Earthquake in his trailer, and he ends up getting removed from the game as a result. that fishboy is bad news
I was thinking about a potential Wonderful 101 port to the Switch. That game is filled with disasters. Sounds like the type of thing that might get cut from the Direct.

But I'm one of the few people who actually care about that game so...

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
eh

The Dutch Nintendo page just highlighted the winners of the Mario #snapshotcontest

Nothing. Else. Is. Going. On. Unfortunately.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I was thinking about a potential Wonderful 101 port to the Switch. That game is filled with disasters. Sounds like the type of thing that might get cut from the Direct.
Including monuments just getting 'took'... Which is um, whew.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Why does NoA say 9/11/2018 has been up as the new direct date for 12 hours? I'm being punked, right?
Edit: I see the "Nirtendo" in the URL now.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think we all know she wasn't the most requested character from the ballot choices, I personally never saw her high on many polls at the time, maybe I was looking in the wrong places, but I think the genuine shock from everywhere I looked at for Smash discussion painted the picture. She always felt like a marketing strategy character instead of a fan pick. But hey, she's in now and I'm happy for her fans. At least the ballot got us Ridley and K.Rool eventually. :)
I feel like she had fans (she placed in top twenty in some pools) but ultimately won because limited DLC budget and time.

Can't see me complaining.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
eh

The Dutch Nintendo page just highlighted the winners of the Mario #snapshotcontest

Nothing. Else. Is. Going. On. Unfortunately.
Thanks. For. The. Update. Dude.
Appreciate. It.

I'm at work and have various twitters up on my second monitor just in case something interesting happens but I have a lot of doubt haha

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

But I'm one of the few people who actually care about that game so...
I care about W101 and I don't think the game wouldn't be cut since that the distater in this game are caused by aliens, no earthquakes.

So if the game isn't here, it won't be because of what happened in Japan.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Oh...I want to remind you a thing. I've learned of this misinformation, and I cannot believe I fell for that.

Famitsu will NOT leak anything related to Nintendo Direct. We're going to see an clean Direct, instead of that leaked one. I can't believe I fell for this misinformation. I only learned it just now. I've been seeing peoples saying about Famitsu leaking the Direct, but after thinking a lot through, there's just no way Famitsu would leak the entire Direct.

Over, and out.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
"Hello sir, do you have any Smash news?"

"No"

"OK, bye!"

---

"Hello sir, do you have Direct news?"

"No"

"OK, bye!"

---

"Hello sir, do you have a date for Smash news or Direct news?"

"Yes, we are going to delay them even more"

View attachment 163101

The wait is already so bad, I swear, I couldn't take another delay.

Freakin' Mother Nature, taking it's vengeance at the worst time possible. Even if we deserve it.
That exchange reminds me of this scene in one the ironic gems of my childhood:

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I think most of us completely understand why Nintendo delayed the direct. But why must they torture us by not even telling us when it will be! Just tell me the day, it can be a month from now!

Chrono.

We're not getting a direct before Thursday and they're gonna announce it the day before as they usually do.

That's my prediction at least.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like we're all getting the Nintendo Direct equivalent of cabin fever.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I don't believe the original direct was announced at this exact time. I believe it was a few hours from now so there is still hope especially because they didn't tweet anything

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't believe the original direct was announced at this exact time. I believe it was a few hours from now so there is still hope especially because they didn't tweet anything
I literally checked Nintendo's twitter earlier and the timestamp for the tweet was 9:59AM EST. Which was 13 minutes ago.

Pakky

Smash Hero
...wait... Skull Kid is bird under the mask...

How does a bird play smooth jazz on his flute?

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
The original direct was announced at 10 AM EST.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That exchange reminds me of this scene in one the ironic gems of my childhood:

Oh, Nostalgia, piercing my heart when I least expected...
We're not getting a direct before Thursday and they're gonna announce it the day before as they usually do.

That's my prediction at least.
You're probably right.:cheep:

And I hate it.:sadsheep:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let's play a game
I know this has probably been done a billion times but I don't care...
Pitch a trailer for a Smash Newcomer
Here's mine...

It starts out showing the Rhythm Game Tap Trial from Rhythm Heaven. This goes on for about Ten Seconds
The camera then focuses on A Chorus Kid who's got a letter to deliver
He gives it to the Tap Girl, She opens it and reads it...
She Picks up the Chorus Kid and puts him on her Shoulder
She then Does the same thing with one of her Monkey friends.
She walks Off screen
She then walks by Karate Joe who's punching pots as usual... Tap Girl gestures him to follow. He follows
She walks by some more Chorus Men that are rehearsing (Basically Glee Club) Tap Girl gestures them to follow. They follow
She then walks by the Rhythm Wrestler who's flexing and striking poses. Tap Girl gestures him to Follow. He Follows
The camera then focuses on Tap Girl and everyone else walking in a straight line, facing the camera
The screen goes black
The scene cuts to Mario, Link, and Samus Who are at the battlefield waiting for a Challenger
Then A bunch of footsteps can heard. The Three look over
It's The Rhythm Heaven Gang
Tap Girl Strikes a Peace Sign
"Rhythm Troupe Takes The Stage"
It then shows Gameplay (You basically Control Tap Girl, but almost all of her specials summon a Different Rhythm Heaven character to help out)
The Smash Bros Title Appears
The screen then cuts to a little scene where it shows Tap Girl Rehearsing the Chrous Kids
The Video Then Ends

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
I think the main problem is the wording they used for the delay message. Used "near future" for when the info would be dropped. So vague, but people are definitely getting more antsy by the day.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So does :ultzss: lay eggs?

I mean she's part bird right?

Also does :ultrosalina: lay Lumas?

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Calling it now, we're not going to get the direct until December 6th at this rate.

Hurt me more, Nintendo.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wonder how much stuff in the direct will still be a surprise at this point.
Here's a better question. How many people will lie and act like the announcements were super obvious and predictable?

Day before Direct: "Pretty sure we're getting a new Pokemon. Probably Incineroar."
Day after Direct: "Nothing really suprised me in the Direct. I already knew Skull Kid would be the newcomer."

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Everybody just chill. It's a videogame announcement. If it's not this week it'll probably be next week. There's a million other things to occupy yourself with in the meantime. No reason to act like you lack any motive to live other than Smash news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom