• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
It hasn't even leaked yet outside of an announcement or two.
I mean a lot has come out over the last few days. The Megaman 11 demo, Civilization, all the Starlink stuff, the new Pokemon Let's Go special edition Switch, Crystal Chronicles Remaster...

I imagine a lot of that was for the direct

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everybody just chill. It's a videogame announcement. If it's not this week it'll probably be next week. There's a million other things to occupy yourself with. No reason to act like you lack any motive to live other than Smash news.
I think peoples wouldn't care that much if we got atleast a date, not necessarily one in this week, but just knowing when it will happen would make peoples much more chill about waiting.

Chrono.

Everybody just chill. It's a videogame announcement. If it's not this week it'll probably be next week. There's a million other things to occupy yourself with in the meantime. No reason to act like you lack any motive to live other than Smash news.
More importantly

SAMURAI SHODOWN IS BACK THE 90S LIVE AGAIN

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Everybody just chill. It's a videogame announcement. If it's not this week it'll probably be next week. There's a million other things to occupy yourself with in the meantime. No reason to act like you lack any motive to live other than Smash news.
Smash is my life

It's my reason for living

It's more than just a life style

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
You're setting yourself up for slaughter there. :p

Chrono.

I mean a lot has come out over the last few days. The Megaman 11 demo, Civilization, all the Starlink stuff, the new Pokemon Let's Go special edition Switch, Crystal Chronicles Remaster...

I imagine a lot of that was for the direct
Mega Man 11 getting a demo was already known, Civilization was leaked yeah, Starlink was from PAX, I kinda doubt the Direct was gonna have all this Lets Go info because they rarely do and Crystal Chronicles, well, was probably being saved for TGS and we would've gotten the Pocket Edition trailer.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Last edited:

Chrono.

This kind of makes me sad guys... because throughout the whole summer, we used to be much stronger than this.

Where has that gone ya'll?!

Well during the summer there wasn't a direct delay and we were still in everyone is here hype mode.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I really hope Samurai Spirits can be on the Switch so I can argue for a character in Smash so I can play it
SNK character will probably be Terry or Marco tho as much as cool musashi would be (Mitsurugi would make for a cool echo, but then the lack of Takamaru will just lap me on the face). Also that parasol guy in the 3rd game is qt

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This kind of makes me sad guys... because throughout the whole summer, we used to be much stronger than this.

Where has that gone ya'll?!

It's an addiction, the more we get Smash news, the less we can go on without some news.

Especially since we got so much at E3 after months of waiting, waiting and waiting, combine that with the fact the game will be out much earlier compared to other Smash games, and the cycle of wait & news is much more out of control this time around.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think what's making us particularly mental this time is that we know it's close, we just don't know how close.

No later than Thursday is my estimation.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Mega Man 11 getting a demo was already known, Civilization was leaked yeah, Starlink was from PAX, I kinda doubt the Direct was gonna have all this Lets Go info because they rarely do and Crystal Chronicles, well, was probably being saved for TGS and we would've gotten the Pocket Edition trailer.
The starlink Starfox footage came out this weekend and Pax was two weeks ago, how was it from Pax?

I don't think everything has leaked from the direct (obviously) but I do think we will see some stuff we already know about, however small.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well during the summer there wasn't a direct delay and we were still in everyone is here hype mode.
So hype from all the info from last Direct has gone by it's expiration date.?

TBQH I'm tad afraid that the way we're starving this bad for info, we might end up getting underwhelmed or disappointed by what the Direct might end up offering, if it's much less than we expected it to be.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Streets of Rage is getting a sequel, Cody is in Street Fighter V, Shenmue 3 is happening, and Fighting Layer Ex is a thing

Lots of cool 90s and early 2000s revivals right now. Powerstone next pls?
Somewhere in the dilapidated catacombs of the Capcom heaquarters, a lone electrician is braving the dark to find the cut in a phone line. He was assured by Capcom that there was nothing of importance down there. Fix the cable and touch nothing, they said.

It was hard to see and messy. He stumbles uneasily, tripping over one pile of debris after another, finally stopped by a large clang. Amid the scattered contents of a rusty file cabinet he finds an aged paper unseen by human eyes since its conception. He shines his flashlight on it.

"Copyright Document...P... Power Stone?"

He was never heard from again.

D

Deleted member

If there is no Smash news in this Direct, do not bang and cry about it.
Remain calm about that situation. You can scream in joy if a game you want gets released though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The last smash game, I was in the calm portion of my life.
This one, I'm barely able to keep up with speculation.

I know the game is coming. I'm older and, in theory, more patient.
I'm happy to rewatch Aug.8 until the new Direct comes out.

WOW. Smash bros release windows may be inversely related to my maturation.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Remain calm about that situation. You can scream in joy if a game you want gets released though.
While I agree with the sentiment I don't know if a bunch of people going "People, calm yourselves" is gonna make people calm themselves

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's an addiction, the more we get Smash news, the less we can go on without some news.

Especially since we got so much at E3 after months of waiting, waiting and waiting, combine that with the fact the game will be out much earlier compared to other Smash games, and the cycle of wait & news is much more out of control this time around.
Even then, this Direct's most likely gonna have much less info than before. That's all we might end up doing with for another month, maybe even more so.
So we better prepare to do what we have.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Even then, this Direct's most likely gonna have much less info than before. That's all we might end up doing with for another month, maybe even more so.
So we better prepare to do what we have.

I think I be cool with whatever we got, lot of info or or not, I just want something.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I understand you guys getting frustrated waiting for the direct, I'm a little confused why they haven't put out a single statement regarding it yet, but you're all acting like this is all you have in your lives and you're being starved. Play some vidya, replay some vidya, read a book, work out, go out some. There's likely a lot to look forward to in the direct, but I refuse to believe so many of you have absolutely nothing to do other than wait for this. :p

I can only bash my head against Godmaster for so long though, time to play some other games.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
SNK character will probably be Terry or Marco tho as much as cool musashi would be (Mitsurugi would make for a cool echo, but then the lack of Takamaru will just lap me on the face). Also that parasol guy in the 3rd game is qt
You mean Shizumaru?

Haohmaru and Mitsurugi don't fight similarily at all but anyway I was thinking more Nakoruru since she could also work

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Probably just Smash,
I guarantee Smash will be in it. It is Nintendo's only huge game in 2018 they NEED to market it

Edit: Plus nothing on the blog when the direct was canceled

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom