• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The only toxic thing about this is how if it was, say, Elincia venting to Ike, people would have called it canon. IkeXSoren has other things going for it, it's not just this one scene(hell, I didn't even know about it until now), but I've seen this enough times already in other fandoms.
Just look at MHA ships for a moment, where people will shoot down ships like Tododeku or Kiribaku because there's no "evidence"(even though it's only ****ing shipping) but "Bakuchaco is canon because of their one battle" and "Todomomo is canon because they paired up for the exams once".
It gets tiring to see time and time again to see LGBT ships shot down for no reason when straight ships get a pass for much less.
I don't know about Tododeku or what else you talk about, am talking Fire Emblem Tellius. And the only thing that sort of implies they are "getting togheter" is the fully supported ending of Ike x Soren when you transfer data from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn, and the only thing they say is that Soren leaves with Ike on that trip where he leaves Tellius. Which isn't all that extraordinary now, because if you do the same with Ranulf, it's Ranulf who gets to join Ike. Now tell me that Ike x Ranulf isn't canon. :rolleyes:

Besides, it seems like you take this way too seriously. There's lots of gay pairings in Fire Emblem, especially in Fates. So take that and be content please. We all know that Ike x Ragnell is the only canon pairing.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Or... perhaps we can let people believe what they want and theorize and speculate what they want because it's a basic human right to have independent thoughts and curiosity as long as no harm is being done?

Sound good, everyone? Yeah? Okay, let's.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Or... perhaps we can let people believe what they want and theorize and speculate what they want because it's a basic human right to have independent thoughts and curiosity as long as no harm is being done?

I don't know what independent thought is...

My mind belongs to my boi :yoshi:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

So, now that shipping talk is over, when exactly can we expect to hear anything tonight?

D

Deleted member

So, now that shipping talk is over, when exactly can we expect to hear anything tonight?
What exactly is it that makes us expect anything right now? I haven't heard anything on the earthquake recovery nor an updated date for the direct.

There is a Gamescom going on atm, but I dunno what exactly Nintendo will do there.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
It was Soren.

But Ike was also the literal only person Soren could vent to. They got a sort of trust-build bond.

Still don't think Ike is gay. Otherwise, explain Priam.

Also, this arguement is toxic because it makes straight male friends not wanna open up emotionally to their friends, and that's just bad news for the whole world at a grand scale.

Honestly we just need Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remakes at this point man...
Even if Ike is gay, he could have had a son before realizing (there was a LONG time beore I accepted I was gay and I pursued women), but also sex is sex, and sometimes you have sex with a person you normally wouldn't. There's also the possibility that Priam is a descendant of Mist, but exaggerated/is hazy about the direct lineage.

As for being toxic, straight white males (not sure what white has to do with it) need to be taught that even if you are gay, it's not a bad thing, and who you're attracted to should not affect your ability to empathize and show affection for others. Remove both stygmas, don't preserve one to the detriment of the other.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What exactly is it that makes us expect anything right now? I haven't heard anything on the earthquake recovery nor an updated date for the direct.

There is a Gamescom going on atm, but I dunno what exactly Nintendo will do there.
Probably nothing, but in the meantime, Spider-Man has all the competition caught in his sticky web, so Nintendo needs something to give them a push. They can only do so much with more copies of Mario Kart 8 DX.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...individual_uk_charts_but_cant_stop_spider-man

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
As for being toxic, straight white males (not sure what white has to do with it) need to be taught that even if you are gay, it's not a bad thing, and who you're attracted to should not affect your ability to empathize and show affection for others. Remove both stygmas, don't preserve one to the detriment of the other.
Excuse me?

Why is this even discussed on this thread?

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
ITT: Nobody has heard of bisexuality.

Power has almost been restored to Hokkaido fully.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Thank you XD

Wow i am surprised there are no news on the direct and also no famitsu leaks
News will probably come today if it's earlier in the week, or Wednesday if it's Thursday. We'll see.

As for Famitsu leaks, probably nothing smash related in this issue. So it's not going to be relevant for here.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
But I'm a sucker for villains being redeemed.
I am also a sucker for redemption stories. I am only going by my memories of playing, but I remember "not buying" it with these two. I suppose I could replay and see if it was believable.

I think that there is no way either of them could be accepted into the Shepherds. There is just too much direct atrocities committed by them. Maybe for Aversa also; it could be pro-woman/women are not as responsible/something else terrible bias on my part. I know it's a game, but having characters who would find Gangrel directly responsible for the deaths of their loved ones have no reaction to their being forced to be teammates is... difficult to fathom.

Example. One of my favorite redemption story characters is Rogue of the X-Men. When she joined the team, she was lost, barely more than a child, whose mind had been manipulated by a supervillain who was the only person she had known as a mother, and she was desperate for help, and a great, kind man in Charles Xavier saw she could be redeemed, and brought her into his home. Those who had fought her before, the X-Men, reacted very poorly to her being foisted upon them. And one other, Carol Danvers, who thought she had found a home with the X-Men after her very identity was stolen by Rogue herself, attacked Rogue and, learning of the attempt to redeem her, then walked out on the X-Men for ever. That's what I need in a redemption story. Real consequences and reactions.

Chrom accepts the (basically) murderer of his sister and mass slaughterer of his people? Ok. It's in Chrom's nature. Everybody else? Hmmm...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
As I've said before:
August 8th Smash Direct wasn't even covered until August 30th in Famitsu.
That means it took 3 issues (August 9th, (August 16th was a holiday) August 23rd and finally August 30th) for them to write about it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As I've said before:
That means it took 3 issues (August 9th, (August 16th was a holiday) August 23rd and finally August 30th) for them to write about it.
Given that, we still got plenty of time this week (and possibly the next one). In the meantime, leak-seekers are going to still buzz around like wasps, making hives of fake leaks, so we must remain cautious of any that are desperate enough to successfully fool people.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
As I've said before:
Thank you for the clarification.

So no worries about spoilers, should ease the anxiety a bit.

Good night everyone

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Re: straight white males

I was responding to Diddy Kong, who mentioned their being affected by the idea that all male/male affection implies homosexuality. I think the issue is more about straight males, but I was responding to his word choice.

I guess I took gay as meaning "only attracted to men", which is stupid, I know. Yes, or Ike could be bisexual.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Japanese are absolutely incredible. In the UK we can't even get a road filled in six months.
In the area I live a small historic section flooded TWICE unexpectedly just two years apart. 3 people died. 2 the first time and another 1 the second time.

The local politicians and what not were "stunned" despite everyone being all ''Yo, this area has a history of this in the past."

They're just now making plans to do something about it happening again.

So yeah, the US sucks about this stuff too.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
A whole lot of Tokyo Game Show announcements have been made in the past few hours, and there might be more. I'm guessing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was supposed to be announced in the Direct.

Also a bunch of Level 5 stuff, so much that they'll have a booth at TGS for the first time in 6 years.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Re: straight white males

I was responding to Diddy Kong, who mentioned their being affected by the idea that all male/male affection implies homosexuality. I think the issue is more about straight males, but I was responding to his word choice.

I guess I took gay as meaning "only attracted to men", which is stupid, I know. Yes, or Ike could be bisexual.
I was joking around about that "toxic" statement honestly. I am one sarcastic monkey. Seems like I did get my response out of it however... now we're talking about white straight "cis"-males and all that good stuff. :rolleyes: And for the record, yes I am one. And I don't think am a horrible person because of it. In fact, I don't deserve special priviledges over people of other sexual orientations or different skin colors and I acknowledge I do have them in a way that others can be pretty damn oblivious about.

Kinda like how Ike is oblivious about any sort of attention from women and men. :smirk:

IKE X RAGNELL IS THE ONLY "TRUE SHIP"!

D

Deleted member

Re: Straight white males.

Are you serious? Is this where we want this community to spiral down to? Seriously, there should be room for everyone here, trying to remove stigma by creating new ones is counterproductive at best.

Stop it while you're ahead, please, and go back to something that's relevant like the thread topic at hand.

Either way I'm glad to see Hokkaido is making progress. I dunno the full extent of which cities were affected, but if more than one city was, it's at least a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom