• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
mrw Master Chief makes it into Smash

Edit: uh, forget to add a NSFW warning my bad

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have an question that I would really appreciate help with.

So, I was on YouTube earlier, and saw this video (or, rather, its title) by chance; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxZFeI66MQ4
I didn't know that there was even going to be a direct! So my question is, of course, how are people supposed to know
when there are going to be Nintendo Directs???

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
If Dante gets added, I hope you can do Bayonetta-style taunt cancels with him, so you can recreate this:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Hey, I have an question that I would really appreciate help with.

So, I was on YouTube earlier, and saw this video (or, rather, its title) by chance; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxZFeI66MQ4
I didn't know that there was even going to be a direct! So my question is, of course, how are people supposed to know
when there are going to be Nintendo Directs???
Nintendo really should post the announcements for them on youtube.

The only way to really hear about them is from twitter and other youtube channels. If your only source of Nintendo news is Nintendo's youtube channel itself, you probably won't hear about directs beforehand.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Oh how bout my boi eating Kratos and turning him into an egg? :yoshi:
Kratos Reborn.

It’s so weird that he...she? Both? eats them....then encases them in an egg somewhere along the way.
Headcanon: Yoshi eats them, digests them, uses the DNA to make a clone of them in an egg down to the last memory, they are reborn and they don’t even realize anything has changed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So uh... Nintendo was trying to make portal technology?
Isn't that basically what those old Cube World toys were, or am I misunderstanding the patent?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I didn't communicate it right.

Sakurai's order on the website is based on reveal time. Mine is based on file order.

Sakurai combined the echoes with his, which is why the echoes are out of order. I didn't combine the echoes, which is why they aren't next to their base character on my list. Though with this, the section for Ultimate is unconfirmed in my sig, though I did put the echoes at the end because I'm assuming they were later additions than the rest of the newcomers.
That makes more sense (for a moment I was about to fully question why some of the Sm4sh characters were out of place)
Oh how bout my boi eating Kratos and turning him into an egg? :yoshi:
Kratos would get ****ed and murder Yoshi...then Yoshi would be eaten alive and make Bayo his wife
Okay so Nintendo is streaming something else right now... lol

https://youtu.be/U4dMgBJp-Eg

I'm gonna assume we are going to get a direct announcement very soon (next12 hours) cause this is suprising.
Maybe they just want to show off some Judd

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I was full on news thanks to King K. Rool. But since a direct was announced I was ready for more, and now that its been delayed, boy am I hungry. I was really hoping they would have announce the new date today. Seems like this could be a while.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
That makes more sense (for a moment I was about to fully question why some of the Sm4sh characters were out of place)

Kratos would get ****ed and murder Yoshi...then Yoshi would be eaten alive and make Bayo his wife

Maybe they just want to show off some Judd
Possibly lol. It HAS to be before Tuesday/Wednesday though, or Famitsu next week will ruin the directs reveals.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo really should post the announcements for them on youtube.

The only way to really hear about them is from twitter and other youtube channels. If your only source of Nintendo news is Nintendo's youtube channel itself, you probably won't hear about directs beforehand.
I checked out nintedo on twitter and nintendo's smash ultimate twitter, and didn't see anything about the direct on either of them...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I'm gonna assume we are going to get a direct announcement very soon (next12 hours) cause this is suprising.
Ok WHAT!? ok this is kinda ****ed up… so much for the silence they were keeping due to the recent event… now i believe there is no way we aren't getting a release date during this weekend for when the direct is gonna air, if they are streaming stuff like that now. The incident is literally no longer an excuse to keep quiet about it, cause they just broke that silence in a big way. smh

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Looks like I missed some discussion on if Ivysaur is a reptile is or not.

Ivysaur's design clearly takes inspiration mainly from frogs and toads. However, I'm still convinced its at least partially based on a dinosaur as well, similar to how Scyther is a fusion of a raptor and a mantis and how Lickitung is a mix of Barny the Dinosaur and...I dunno, a really creepy guy guy with a rediculous tongue. And besides, there's a pattern going on with the first four gens. Meganium, Sceptile and Torterra are all clearly based on dinosaurs themselves, even if not all their prevolutions are. I'm probably just being stubborn because I thought he was a dinosaur for so long (seeing Venusaur's Let's Go run animation was a childhood ruining moment for me) but I have a really hard time seeing Venusaur not having at least some dino inspiration in it.

But just as imporantly...why does everyone forget that Squirtle is a reptile as well? People usually remember to bring up Bowser, but never lil' Squirt for some reason.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Still can’t believe Nintendo let Rare slipped through their fingers. Right at their height even! Reminds me of Eisner and Disney with Pixar. Good thing for Disney that they ended up buying out Pixar.
You say that..but I think Rare had just barely started its downhill turn, Donkey Kong 64 was a disappointment for many, Banjo-Tooie wasn't seen as good as Banjo-Kazooie, barely anyone talks about Jet Force Gemini or even Perfect Dark, and Star Fox Adventures wasn't super well received.

Bear in mind that I love all of those games, I'm simply saying that Nintendo may have realized Rare wasn't as good as it had been between Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Ivysaur's design clearly takes inspiration mainly from frogs and toads. However, I'm still convinced its at least partially based on a dinosaur as well, similar to how Scyther is a fusion of a raptor and a mantis and how Lickitung is a mix of Barny the Dinosaur and...I dunno, a really creepy guy guy with a rediculous tongue. And besides, there's a pattern going on with the first four gens. Meganium, Sceptile and Torterra are all clearly based on dinosaurs themselves, even if not all their prevolutions are. I'm probably just being stubborn because I thought he was a dinosaur for so long (seeing Venusaur's Let's Go run animation was a childhood ruining moment for me) but I have a really hard time seeing Venusaur not having at least some dino inspiration in it.

But just as imporantly...why does everyone forget that Squirtle is a reptile as well? People usually remember to bring up Bowser, but never lil' Squirt for some reason.
Lickitung is clearly based off the amalgamation of chewing gum, bad Mario enemies and Venom.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The Bulbasaur line has "Saur" in it. As in Dinosaur. It's obvious there's some inspiration.

Yeah, turtles are reptiles too, it's just not as pronounced as a name factor nor do they have reptilian traits to any major degree that people think of(like full claws or scaly skin to a major degree). The Bulbasaur line has a more reptilian style overall. There's definitely some with the Squirtle line(besides them being turtle-based), but they don't really come off as much of one due to misconceptions of what makes a reptile a reptile. Their skin looks more smooth too. When people think reptile, they often think more "lizard" and less "shell".

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
Ok WHAT!? ok this is kinda ****ed up… so much for the silence they were keeping due to the recent event… now i believe there is no way we aren't getting a release date during this weekend for when the direct is gonna air, if they are streaming stuff like that now. The incident is literally no longer an excuse to keep quiet about it, cause they just broke that silence in a big way. smh
Well I'm guessing it's on Sunday well get something! Because Sunday for the Japanese is a Monday apparently (Personally, it all sounds confusing as ****)!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The Bulbasaur line has "Saur" in it. As in Dinosaur. It's obvious there's some inspiration.

Yeah, turtles are reptiles too, it's just not as pronounced as a name factor nor do they have reptilian traits to any major degree that people think of(like full claws or scaly skin to a major degree). The Bulbasaur line has a more reptilian style overall. There's definitely some with the Squirtle line(besides them being turtle-based), but they don't really come off as much of one due to misconceptions of what makes a reptile a reptile. Their skin looks more smooth too. When people think reptile, they often think more "lizard" and less "shell".
I have my theory. Reptiles tend to have a negative image associated with them, but turtles are exempt from that...

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Dunno if that constitutes for a forum game or just a topic of discussion but do any of you guys have Smash bros “guilty pleasures”?? I for one will admit to enjoying using healing items in battle....(literally all of my friends and anyone else I’ve played with HATE those items hahaha)

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
Incineroar and Isabelle? Incredibly safe guesses due to Verg.

And Isaac Assist? BIG oof to his fans, though legit could see it happen.
I would just like to remind you that the last Direct we had/along with the E3 direct did throw in multiple characters that Vergeben never talked about at all! So In a sense! We could see a few other surprises (Or that could be more proof that the leak is just another cry for attention as it's piggybacking on Mr. V's info)!

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Wut...

(I’m tired right now, so read it with a bored tone to it) Can someone translate the description, it has 9.8 in it, which sounds weird because it seems they want to show something soon.

Wonder if they show the Direct reschedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom