• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
unrelated, but I realized you have the debut for some Smash characters out of debut order
They aren't in the Ultimate debut order because the Ultimate debut order isn't actually the order characters were added to Smash, but it's rather the order characters were revealed for Smash.

That's why I have mine in the order it's in, with the info being based on the debug menus and internal file structures which lists characters in the order they were added for each game.

Just imagine being able to think of Kratos vs. Villager. That would be something.
Stuff like this is why this game exists.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like, since Japan has always not been a friend of Microsoft, the same thing could honestly apply to B&K. If Chief got enough of a push, it could override his low popularity in Japan.
Yeah, I guess. The Xbox isn't really that much of a thing in Japan. Minecraft and classic Rare titles like Banjo are really what hit big in that area.

He's kinda the father of the modern FPS, after all.
image.gif

That's debatable.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Still can’t believe Nintendo let Rare slipped through their fingers. Right at their height even! Reminds me of Eisner and Disney with Pixar. Good thing for Disney that they ended up buying out Pixar.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Kratos' incredibly angry, aggressive, and serious attitude would be absolutely hilarious in Smash Bros. without sacrificing his character.

Imagine a story mode where he walks through Dreamland shouting at the top of his lungs at the enemies who just bounce off him.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, I guess. The Xbox isn't really that much of a thing in Japan. Minecraft and classic Rare titles like Banjo are really what hit big in that area.

View attachment 162508

That's debatable.
It is indeed debatable, but I think Halo bought just as much to the table as Doom did.
But they're both incredibly influential in their own ways.

I'd say myself they could share the position.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Master Chief miraculously gets into Smash, his trailer god damn better have a cinematic fight against Samus. I'm just saying.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just imagine being able to think of Kratos vs. Villager. That would be something.
The funny thing is, when you compare Kratos to the Villager, the former will definitely intimidate you with his violent and bloody history. As for the Villager, he really doesn't look so terrifying. And yet because the Villager carries an axe for chopping down trees, people quickly assume that he's a murderous psychopath.

Shroob

Sup?
If we're going for another M rated gaming icon.

First and foremost, Doom Guy.

RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR.

He's like the grandpa of the modern FPS genre.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They aren't in the Ultimate debut order because the Ultimate debut order isn't actually the order characters were added to Smash, but it's rather the order characters were revealed for Smash.

That's why I have mine in the order it's in, with the info being based on the debug menus and internal file structures which lists characters in the order they were added for each game.
If it’s based on their Smash reveal date, then shouldn’t Dark Pit (unless his trailer cameo doesn’t count) and Lucina be between Palutena and Robin, while Daisy is before Ridey then? Same with most of the other Smash 4 and Ultimate newcomers

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And yet because the Villager carries an axe for chopping down trees, people quickly assume that he's a murderous psychopath.
That's not why they did that at all. It's because of his blank expression.

It just kinda gives off an eerie vibe.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'll take Doomguy...if Dovahkiin is also playable as well.

Bethesda Pack! Doomguy to rep FPS and Dovahkiin for the open-world Western RPGs!

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Isn’t Sherriff really one of the actual forerunners of the shooter genre? His game was a really early version of having separate controls to move and aim. (And he’s already an AT, so...)

Egg. Plant. Wizard.
If they add him, the Eggplant Bomb from KIU really should be an item, too. Just imagine how cute everyone will look as produce with legs, running for their lives...

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Did you actually buy all 61 items?

Right now, my Wish List is:
  • Morphie's Law
  • Okami HD
  • Megaman X Collection
  • Wolfenstein 2
  • Ultra Street Fighter 2
  • LA Noire
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Prison Architect
  • Bad North
and I have $90 on my eShop account which I'm trying to save for Smash because I can't afford anything new right now (I'm in Canada so the game's are like $85 after tax...). I get most physical releases from the local library which has like 70 Switch games in it, which is enough to get by right now.
Okami HD? I see you're a person of culture. Currently waiting for my physical copy of Okami HD since the GB's would eat up my Switch's storage.
How would you lot feel if Sakurai went so balls to the wall, that literally every single character somehow got an Echo?

I know it's not even remotely plausible, but still.
Completely fine, since some of the characters I want can have more than passable echoes:
Amaterasu - Shiranui
Elma - Fiora
Shantae - Nega Shantae
Sora - Roxas
Rayman - Dark Rayman
Gardevoir - Gothitelle :troll: (but I seriously want Gardevoir)
Nintendo burgers?? Hope they were good

here I am having the munchies at 11:30 PM
Well ultimately that venture into the food business didn't last, so who can say for sure.

Also I'm feeling hungry too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Didn't Ridley wreck her suit?
Did Ridley wreck your mum? *clap*

I would assume that she would have additional suits. I'm not at all familiar with Metroid enough to know. I just know the protag has a nice plot and that Ridley is a giant zombie pirate dragon thats sometimes a cyborg.

Starbound

If it’s based on their Smash reveal date, then shouldn’t Dark Pit (unless his trailer cameo doesn’t count) and Lucina be between Palutena and Robin, while Daisy is before Ridey then? Same with most of the other Smash 4 and Ultimate newcomers
I didn't communicate it right.

Sakurai's order on the website is based on reveal time. Mine is based on file order.

Sakurai combined the echoes with his, which is why the echoes are out of order. I didn't combine the echoes, which is why they aren't next to their base character on my list. Though with this, the section for Ultimate is unconfirmed in my sig, though I did put the echoes at the end because I'm assuming they were later additions than the rest of the newcomers.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll take Doomguy...if Dovahkiin is also playable as well.

Bethesda Pack! Doomguy to rep FPS and Dovahkiin for the open-world Western RPGs!
Didn't Bethesda only publish Doom 2016 though? They don't own Id AFAIK.
So it wouldn't make much sense to pair them. That's like putting Rayman and Travis together.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Don't intentionally dodge the censors. Just let the censor do its job.
I think a good way to shock everyone would be to put a Mortal Kombat character in as the final character. DLC would also work. The shock would be the same regardless. I mean in the first trailer Ridley stabs Megaman to death and crushes Mario's head in red background black silhouette fashion. A Scorpion reveal with Sub-Zero Echo would be amazingly SMASHing!

Would Sakurai pass up the opportunity to have MK vs SF in his creation?! I honestly think it has a better chance of happening compared to him adding a Digimon (as much as Agumon would be awesome). Thoughts? Do you think an MK character joining is that far-fetched? We do have Bayonetta and Snake. MK has been on multiple Nintendo consoles as well if that gives it more credence.

MKirby.jpg

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So uh... Nintendo was trying to make portal technology?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Did Ridley wreck your mum? *clap*

I would assume that she would have additional suits. I'm not at all familiar with Metroid enough to know. I just know the protag has a nice plot and that Ridley is a giant zombie pirate dragon thats sometimes a cyborg.
Samus' suit is just one suit. This ain't Iron Man. Ridley just doesn't die, except for the one time he did. He only ever really died once in the canon before getting made into Meta Ridley, the rest were just "oh no i'm defeated oh geez guess i'll act like i'm dead or whatever".

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I think a good way to shock everyone would be to put a Mortal Kombat character in as the final character. DLC would also work. The shock would be the same regardless. I mean in the first trailer Ridley stabs Megaman to death and crushes Mario's head in red background black silhouette fashion. A Scorpion reveal with Sub-Zero Echo would be amazingly SMASHing!

Would Sakurai pass up the opportunity to have MK vs SF in his creation?! I honestly think it has a better chance of happening compared to him adding a Digimon (as much as Agumon would kick A$$). Thoughts?
I might be a bit bias on this... but yes please I'd love it, new mains

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
That's not why they did that at all. It's because of his blank expression.

It just kinda gives off an eerie vibe.
The ironic part is that, when actually he goes to swing his axe at anything other than a tree, he almost falls over, which changes his facial expression.

Starbound

If we get a FPS character, I really think it has to be Doomguy. That game pioneered the series, and while Halo, in some ways, perfected its formula, I think Sakurai cares more about the pioneers than the innovators (see: Mega Man, Castlevania, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy).

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Man, if not the base roster, definitely I'd love him as DLC.

Digimon may not have been as popular as Pokemon, but it damn sure is pretty iconic. And agumon is exactly the Digimon to do it. Have him digivolve to Greymon, Metal Greymon and War Greymon every 25 or 30% or have it like some sort of meter. Omnimon could be his Final Smash.

So many possibilities via Bamco man.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Would Sakurai pass up the opportunity to have MK vs SF in his creation?! I honestly think it has a better chance of happening compared to him adding a Digimon (as much as Agumon would kick A$$). Thoughts?
Newsflash: Shao Kahn invades the Smash universe and slaughters everyone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Samus' suit is just one suit. This ain't Iron Man. Ridley just doesn't die, except for the one time he did. He only ever really died once in the canon before getting made into Meta Ridley, the rest were just "oh no i'm defeated oh geez guess i'll act like i'm dead or whatever".
Ah alright.

Well then, just say **** it. Sometimes you gotta make exceptions in order to do cool things.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Off topic but i really hate Heihachi's design, it is extremely boring compared to so many other characters in Tekken.
yeah like baseball bat zombie boy

I actually played a bit of Tekken in the arcade with my friend and I remembered a few designs from then, but Heihachi was definitely not one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom