• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Imagine this for a wildcard reveal...
The "Everyone is Here" trailer plays again, whilst everyone watching said trailer is confused. The trailer then cuts to all of the character numbers adding up to reveal...
DR. KAWASHIWA DOES THE MATH! (yes i'm well aware he's deconfirmed don't fight me)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
We're about 90 DAYS until Smash Ultimate releases, and I've been wondering about something in regards to a part of the eShop, but I figured to make this into a bit of an interesting topic. If you go to your profile on the eShop, there'll be a section dedicated to your most wanted games to get, being "Wish List". I use it as a checklist for what games I have and if I get one off the list, remove it.

To pad out the time between now and Smash Ultimate's release, how many items do you guys happen to have and what good recommendations would you pick out of them? I got exactly 61 items. Here's some recommendations I have after buying them off the eShop.

Sonic Mania - Need I really need to explain how good this game is? Finally, a not good... but FANTASTIC Sonic game. It takes everything that made Sonic good back to the drawing board and used nostalgia in the right way to make craft an amazing experience from start to finish. Better than Sonic 3, I would say!

Axiom Verge - Just bought this very recently, and it has got to be in the top five best indie games of all time. It's a Metroidvania that is a heavy science fiction adventure to find out what happened to yourself and the planet that you got sucked into, as a scientist named Trace. How it feels and plays, the unique music and atmosphere; I haven't played an indie game this long to never put it down. WORTH the $19.99. If you find a deal for $9.99, it's a MUST OWN.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - If you've been waiting for a real Castlevania game, then Bloodstained is one for you, for sure. It feels like what a true sequel to Castlevania II: Simon's Quest should be and without a doubt a good purchase. It may be short, but once you complete the game once, the post game is what really tugs you back in.

DOOM (2016) - RIP AND TEAR. I know that people would prefer to play it on PC and maybe other consoles, but man, the Switch version is no slouch, especially when it comes to portability. Y'know what DOOM is about, and I'd even consider the price a bit worth.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - WE TORNA BOYS OUT HERE, BEST DLC EXPANSION HERE WE COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Did you actually buy all 61 items?

Right now, my Wish List is:
  • Morphie's Law
  • Okami HD
  • Megaman X Collection
  • Wolfenstein 2
  • Ultra Street Fighter 2
  • LA Noire
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Prison Architect
  • Bad North
and I have $90 on my eShop account which I'm trying to save for Smash because I can't afford anything new right now (I'm in Canada so the game's are like $85 after tax...). I get most physical releases from the local library which has like 70 Switch games in it, which is enough to get by right now.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
How would you lot feel if Sakurai went so balls to the wall, that literally every single character somehow got an Echo?

I know it's not even remotely plausible, but still.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have found my people.

> 7-chapter game
> Expansive as before
> Revamped UI
> XENOBLADE 1 MECHANICS RETURN
> MUSIC THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO BE THAT GOOD

View attachment 162498
Not a fan of XC2, mostly for the characters within it and partially for the art style and shulk's redesign. But the expansion gives me some sense of hope.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How would you lot feel if Sakurai went so balls to the wall, that literally every single character somehow got an Echo?

I know it's not even remotely plausible, but still.
You're telling me you spent months making Echoes for everyone but not a minute on MY STORY MODE?!?!?!

Starbound

I have found my people.

> 7-chapter game
> Expansive as before
> Revamped UI
> XENOBLADE 1 MECHANICS RETURN
> MUSIC THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO BE THAT GOOD

View attachment 162498
I bought the expansion pass literally just for Torna campaign, because it's cheaper to buy it that way than the physical copy.

I'm hoping it's a download and not something you need the XC2 cartridge for.

D

Deleted member

Cr1tikal reaction and no Scott?

Top 10 anime plot twists.
Don't worry, Scottposting will be a staple. Just been trying to comb through his videos to get good images from, having to make my own here and there, so other fantastic content creators will pad the non-Scottposting in the meantime!

...Actually, ****. Nevermind, I can't. My computer broke.

my computer broke.png

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kratos could be calmed down for Smash.
I don't know. Kratos has been considered to be among the angriest video game characters around. Also, he's a literal god killer, and his kills are highly graphical in nature (so graphical in fact, that some countries had to censor certain killings), so that doesn't help matters either.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't know. Kratos has been considered to be among the angriest video game characters around. Also, he's a literal god killer, and his kills are highly graphical in nature (so graphical in fact, that some countries had to censor certain killings), so that doesn't help matters either.
Bayonetta is also a literal god killer with graphical murders.
Chief...this ain't it. This ain't the hill to die on.

D

Deleted member

I bought the expansion pass literally just for Torna campaign, because it's cheaper to buy it that way than the physical copy.

I'm hoping it's a download and not something you need the XC2 cartridge for.
From what I assume, they've also been selling it as a separate game, especially with that physical copy, so I don't think you'll need the cartridge or actual game to play it. And sadly no, I didn't buy all 61 items...

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I know that this is probably a joke, but Kratos has no place in the world of Smash Bros.. His violence goes well beyond what Solid Snake and Bayonetta would do.
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Both Snake and Bayonetta have done some pretty brutal stuff in their games. Kratos wouldn't be any more brutal than any other Smash character with weaponry.

Starbound

There was one kill move in Bayo 1 that actually grossed me out. I think it's the well known of her finishing blow ones, but I don't remember the monster or the name of those finishing moves.

But yeah, we have Bayo. I don't think it's possible to be too violent for Smash anymore.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
All this Digimon talk is reminding me of my hype for Survive because it looks like Adventure but with a Tamers/Cyber Sleuth edge to it.

And I like that a lot.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know that this is probably a joke, but Kratos has no place in the world of Smash Bros.. His violence goes well beyond what Solid Snake and Bayonetta would do.
Okay, let me divert your attention to this:
Warning, not for those with delicate sensibilities

Shroob

Sup?
There was one kill move in Bayo 1 that actually grossed me out. I think it's the well known of her finishing blow ones, but I don't remember the monster or the name of those finishing moves.

But yeah, we have Bayo. I don't think it's possible to be too violent for Smash anymore.
The wooden horse?

Chrono.

All this Digimon talk is reminding me of my hype for Survive because it looks like Adventure but with a Tamers/Cyber Sleuth edge to it.

And I like that a lot.
I'm not a fan of tactical/SRPGs but I love me some Digimon, so I'm probably getting it based on that alone. Plus the characters and premise look really interesting.

That said, I never got around on Hacker's Memory.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Actualy , do you guys think the fact that Digimon Survive is coming to the Switch
Helps Agumon's chances to enter Smash?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yet Doomguy is apparently a big name in polls and people are fine with his rip and tear headass

Actualy , do you guys think the fact that Digimon Survive is coming to the Switch
Helps Agumon's chances to enter Smash?
You know how Rayman got in Brawlhalla and it meant literally nothing about his chances?
Yeah it's the exact same

Last edited:

Starbound

Yeah it was that BDSM one with 'Joy' that legit grossed me out. Haven't touched the series since (been like 2 years).

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Bayonetta is also a literal god killer with graphical murders.
Chief...this ain't it. This ain't the hill to die on.
Use your present! I worked very hard on happening to find it randomly and just save it real quick for you! :mad088:

Side note: I missed the “wildcard” thing, but my vote for a wild card would be Clayton from:
CD86E793-124E-432D-BE2E-1330009C2F98.jpeg

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not a fan of tactical/SRPGs but I love me some Digimon, so I'm probably getting it based on that alone. Plus the characters and premise look really interesting.

That said, I never got around on Hacker's Memory.
I like em a fair bit, (seeing as i've played stuff like Jagged Alliance, all FE's, Disciples, Ogre Battle and many other tactical series).

I'm super stoked and I hope the choice system is fleshed out.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hi everyone, anything new? If not, how's everyone doing?
Unfortunately, the more we push as wildcards, the less wildcardy they become...
Would Fi from Skyward Sword count? Aside from Tetra, (Hyrule Warriors Naginata) Impa, Mipha, and Lana. The thought of fighting as the goddess Sword would be epic. If they based her off of Hyrule Warriors, she could be very acrobatic, and graceful like a dancer, that also transform into a blade. And don't tell me you wouldn't be tempted to use a character that transform into a sword item, so that their teammate can use her during doubles. That'd be hilarious, and amazing.
Love Hotel stage pls.
Would come with or without the Nintendo burgers they used to sell?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Use your present! I worked bery hard on happening to find it and just save it real quick for you! :mad088:

Side note: I missed the “wildcard” thing, but my vote for a wild card would be Clayton from:View attachment 162503
I already did my boy and I got 20 likes for it.

See, I plan to save it for when it is truly needed, when it really, REALLY ain't it.
I will use it wisely I promise you king.

Would Fi from Skyward Sword count? Aside from Tetra, (Hyrule Warriors Naginata) Impa, Mipha, and Lana. The thought of fighting as the goddess Sword would be epic. If they based her off of Hyrule Warriors, she could be very acrobatic, and graceful like a dancer, that also transform into a blade. And don't tell me you wouldn't be tempted to use a character that transform into a sword item, so that their teammate can use her during doubles. That'd be hilarious, and amazing.

Hey PK!

I love Fi, she's adorable, but I think there's a difference between an odd choice for a Zelda rep though still an important character and a complete wildcard. As in the ones people suggest like a Hanafunda card.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wildcard picks eh?

I’d say...Isa Jo, Welch Vineyard from the Star Ocean series, Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins, and who could possibly forget Cooking Mama :awesome:

Also WallyPalmer WallyPalmer still doing Spotify playlists for wanted characters my dude?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Since we are on the topic of Kratos, I would like to ask which franchise is their biggest, iconic IP aside from Gran Turismo. God of War is mentioned frequently, but Uncharted thus far holds the top spot in terms of sales. I am sort of confused.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Nintendo burgers?? Hope they were good

here I am having the munchies at 11:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom