• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's true. We finally got almost all of the iconic Nintendo villains in Smash...

:ultdk: = Donkey Kong (Arcade)
:ultdarksamus: = Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (how ironic)
:ultbowser: = Super Mario Bros.
:ultganondorf: = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
:ultmewtwo: = Pokémon Red & Blue
:ultmetaknight: = Kirby's Adventure
:ultdarkpit: = Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultwario: = Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
:ultkingdedede: = Kirby's Dream Land
:ultwolf: = Star Fox 64
:ultbowserjr: = Super Mario Sunshine
:4larry::4morton::4wendy::4iggy::4roy::4lemmy::4ludwig: = Super Mario Bros. 3
:ultduckhunt: = Duck Hunt
:ultridley: = Super Metroid (he seemed more important in the SNES game than he was in the NES game)
:ultkrool: = Donkey Kong Country
:ultskullkid: = The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (I am positive we will get him in this game)

We are running out of iconic Nintendo villains for the next Smash game after Ultimate...

View attachment 162479
Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!

View attachment 162480
To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!

View attachment 162478
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!

View attachment 162475
Jessie!
James!

View attachment 162477
Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!

View attachment 162476
Meowth! That's right!

Let's prepare for a Team Rocket takeover in the next Smash game! :052::024::110:
Man, Team Rocket for Smash?
What else could top tha-
Untitled.png Untitled.png
oh

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
In the unlikely event we break the fourth party ceiling with Goku, I would totally be okay, and support, adding both Batman and Darth Vader to the roster.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, wait a minute... (contemplates)

Wildcard...

WAHcard.

Wah = Clown

Clown = Joker

But wait, not a Joker, THE Joker!

GUYS HE'S IN!!!!!

mythologyjoker_4 crop.png

(Real talk Persona Joker is far more likely than Batman Joker, but still.)

Graizen

Smash Champion
I was thinking about Agumon Moveset possibilities...

And i think he should have a energy bar , like the Little Mac one, and use it to evolve to different forms depending on how much it is full.

1/3 = Greymon
2/3 = MetalGreymon
3/3 = WarGreymon

The energy will be used, and the time it hits Zero he will return to Koromon for a second and than evolve to Agumon.

His Final Smash would be Omegamon using a attack, not a transformation.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hmm, wait a minute... (contemplates)

Wildcard...

WAHcard.

Wah = Clown

Clown = Joker

But wait, not a Joker, THE Joker!

GUYS HE'S IN!!!!!

View attachment 162493

(Real talk Persona Joker is far more likely than Batman Joker, but still.)
I could've sworn I used that joke before but I can't remember.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
In the unlikely event we break the fourth party ceiling with Goku, I would totally be okay, and support, adding both Batman and Darth Vader to the roster.
Hate to be a spoilsport, but if a third-party ever got in, it would either be Popeye, due to the engine for his cancelled licensed game basically kicking off the catalyst for Nintendo's success, or Nester.
Please Nester.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

And i think he should have a energy bar , like the Little Mac one, and use it to evolve to different forms depending on how much it is full.

1/3 = Greymon
2/3 = MetalGreymon
3/3 = WarGreymon

The energy will be used, and the time it hits Zero he will return to Koromon for a second and than evolve to Agumon.

dang i wish i could think of complex movesets for my pipe dreams
that's not even a joke i'm completely serious that's really unique as a concept

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Might be a little late since we're about to reach 4100 pages but it's cool that we're over 4000 now. I think I joined when we were still at 2000 something so that's pretty wild. Anything interesting happen here besides us being impatient about when the direct will be and what content it entails?

Chrono.

Might be a little late since we're about to reach 4100 pages but it's cool that we're over 4000 now. I think I joined when we were still at 2000 something so that's pretty wild. Anything interesting happen here besides us being impatient about when the direct will be and what content it entails?
We're just ****posting and passing the time tbh.

Nothing concrete has shown up.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

1/3 = Greymon
2/3 = MetalGreymon
3/3 = WarGreymon

Sounds awesome man. Unique concepts here, loving it!

Damn. Fourth-party. Sorry about that, fellas.
All good, just had to crack that joke!

My wild card pic

He's a lock

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hate to be a spoilsport, but if a third-party ever got in, it would either be Popeye, due to the engine for his cancelled licensed game basically kicking off the catalyst for Nintendo's success, or Nester.
Please Nester.
>debating Goku vs Popeye
It's about that time to take the red pill.
Alright, I'm gonna bring the hottest of hot takes ever:
If anime ever got a representative in Smash, Goku would not be the first one to represent it.

Now you're thinking I lost it. Goku's like the big boy of the big boy of anime, how could I say this? What if I told you that a company that already has the most third party reps in the game (right now) has one that's adored on a similar scale both East and West?

Did you forget Konami owns the rights to most of View attachment 161434?

Yeah, you heard me right. The only thing Konami doesn't own is the manga itself (Shueisha's *****). But the anime? The card game? The video games for the anime? The video games for the card game? The video games for the anime of the card games? They own all of it. Partially thanks to 4Kids, because after they went bankrupt, Konami swooped in and took all of that sweet sweet Western distribution rights to own the anime's dub, the one thing they couldn't own at the time.

Yu-Gi-Oh is ****ing big, it's in the trio of card game kings among the Pokemon TCG and Magic the Gathering. The anime is also just as large, one of the longest going card game anime of all time. And if it ain't Konami, it ain't with its own large gacha mobile game that panders to nostalgia just as hard as Game Freak does with Pokemon. It's adorned globally, though we all know it's less than Dragon Ball, I do have an argument to present. Gaining the ability to use it would be so much easier than trying to bargain with Toei to get Dragon Ball. I'll just leave you with that thought.

so yeah yugi for smash i guess
or maybe not
how about just dan green and eric stuart echo for smash

D

Deleted member

We're about 90 DAYS until Smash Ultimate releases, and I've been wondering about something in regards to a part of the eShop, but I figured to make this into a bit of an interesting topic. If you go to your profile on the eShop, there'll be a section dedicated to your most wanted games to get, being "Wish List". I use it as a checklist for what games I have and if I get one off the list, remove it.

To pad out the time between now and Smash Ultimate's release, how many items do you guys happen to have and what good recommendations would you pick out of them? I got exactly 61 items. Here's some recommendations I have after buying them off the eShop.

Sonic Mania - Need I really need to explain how good this game is? Finally, a not good... but FANTASTIC Sonic game. It takes everything that made Sonic good back to the drawing board and used nostalgia in the right way to make craft an amazing experience from start to finish. Better than Sonic 3, I would say!

Axiom Verge - Just bought this very recently, and it has got to be in the top five best indie games of all time. It's a Metroidvania that is a heavy science fiction adventure to find out what happened to yourself and the planet that you got sucked into, as a scientist named Trace. How it feels and plays, the unique music and atmosphere; I haven't played an indie game this long to never put it down. WORTH the $19.99. If you find a deal for $9.99, it's a MUST OWN.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - If you've been waiting for a real Castlevania game, then Bloodstained is one for you, for sure. It feels like what a true sequel to Castlevania II: Simon's Quest should be and without a doubt a good purchase. It may be short, but once you complete the game once, the post game is what really tugs you back in.

DOOM (2016) - RIP AND TEAR. I know that people would prefer to play it on PC and maybe other consoles, but man, the Switch version is no slouch, especially when it comes to portability. Y'know what DOOM is about, and I'd even consider the price a bit worth.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - WE TORNA BOYS OUT HERE, BEST DLC EXPANSION HERE WE COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
That's true. We finally got almost all of the iconic Nintendo villains in Smash...

:ultduckhunt: = Duck Hunt
lol you sly dog...
Anyone who's played the classic on the NES can relate.. I used to hate that dog always laughing at me.
Yes he is!
But some people get mad becouse i talk about Agumon here.
So...
That's silly! Digimon is awesome!!
I'm thinking someone like Lip, Prince Sable, and Bubbles would be wildcards
YES another fan of my gurl Lippy! ^_^*

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We're about 90 DAYS until Smash Ultimate releases, and I've been wondering about something in regards to a part of the eShop, but I figured to make this into a bit of an interesting topic. If you go to your profile on the eShop, there'll be a section dedicated to your most wanted games to get, being "Wish List". I use it as a checklist for what games I have and if I get one off the list, remove it.

To pad out the time between now and Smash Ultimate's release, how many items do you guys happen to have and what good recommendations would you pick out of them? I got exactly 61 items. Here's some recommendations I have after buying them off the eShop.

Sonic Mania - Need I really need to explain how good this game is? Finally, a not good... but FANTASTIC Sonic game. It takes everything that made Sonic good back to the drawing board and used nostalgia in the right way to make craft an amazing experience from start to finish. Better than Sonic 3, I would say!

Axiom Verge - Just bought this very recently, and it has got to be in the top five best indie games of all time. It's a Metroidvania that is a heavy science fiction adventure to find out what happened to yourself and the planet that you got sucked into, as a scientist named Trace. How it feels and plays, the unique music and atmosphere; I haven't played an indie game this long to never put it down. WORTH the $19.99. If you find a deal for $9.99, it's a MUST OWN.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - If you've been waiting for a real Castlevania game, then Bloodstained is one for you, for sure. It feels like what a true sequel to Castlevania II: Simon's Quest should be and without a doubt a good purchase. It may be short, but once you complete the game once, the post game is what really tugs you back in.

DOOM (2016) - RIP AND TEAR. I know that people would prefer to play it on PC and maybe other consoles, but man, the Switch version is no slouch, especially when it comes to portability. Y'know what DOOM is about, and I'd even consider the price a bit worth.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - WE TORNA BOYS OUT HERE, BEST DLC EXPANSION HERE WE COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
TORNA GANG
WHOLE LOTTA GANG ****

God, I love this reworked Smash 4 Yoshi render...

Hmm, why'd I put this up all of a sudden? N-no reason...
do you think those are sandals or just walmart shoes he ripped up

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know that this is probably a joke, but Kratos has no place in the world of Smash Bros.. His violence goes well beyond what Solid Snake and Bayonetta would do.
You're kinda playing yourself
Bayo's a STONE COLD LADY in her games. She's a beat-em-up character. She's just less bloody and realistically gruesome.

Kratos could be calmed down for Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Please Nester.
Why not BOTH Nester AND Captain N?! :awesome:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I like all 3 of these things, and if they were in Smash it'd be cool. But I don't think I know how I'd comprehend that yet.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

JAMMING TO THAT TORNA BATTLE THEME ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Wild card picks, for me, would have to be
1) Jak and Daxter
2) Klonoa (Which would be neat)
3) The Ghost Witch from Pac Man Adventures 2 on the SNES (Gotta fit the Villain theme)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Bud, don't be afraid to talk about your favorite characters!

That's kind of the whole point of speculation.
I really wish I could talk with this kind of confidence with any Falcom Protagonist like Rean, Estelle or Adol.

But Falcom has little to do with Nintendo and is mostly known in Japan only.

I can daydream about them being in though (damn only 19 days before Trails of Cold Steel 4 is in Japan, the 9th game in the whole Trails Saga that's still going off one continous story).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yes he is!
But some people get mad becouse i talk about Agumon here.
So...
Don’t know if you’re referring to my post earlier, but I just didn’t like spreading fake leaks. I’m not mad that you’re talking abou Agumon.

I actually kinda like Digimon, from when I played Dusk many a year ago.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how people are qualifying wildcard picks, but Ouendan, Lip, and Labo are what I'd consider appropriate picks for the category. All 3 would be super exciting for me

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
99% of people don't know how to qualify the people opposing the heroes, again.

19789999.jpg

Also, guessing what unexpected character might show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom