• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Wildcard pick?

Monokuma from Danganronpa, with Monomi as an echo.

I can see the splash screen now!

"Monokuma brings the despair!"

Or something like that.

(Plus it would be a way to get Brian Beacock into Smash if Lloyd is a no go).

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I remember the chaos that was Wii Fit Trainer's reveal. Few can top the absolute absurdity of that reveal.

But as for a wildcard pick, I'd pick DK Jr. or Prince Sable.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Imagine though, Reggie, in an art-style resembling his puppet form in E3 2015 as a fighter. Never gonna happen but I could imagine it being genuinely cool.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I'm still gonna be on the train of wanting Captain N as the wildcard of this game. I want a Power Glove command grab.

D

Deleted member

People thinking there's a "wildcard"/"WTF" quota arr basing themselves on what exactly?

kylexv

Smash Master
It's normal for me to be impatient.

I understand why the direct was delayed and believe it was for the best, but there's a different, more annoying form of impatience knowing that Nintendo is holding a character reveal back, and we have no idea when in the next few days it will come, or even how.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No.
I think the hero villain "theme" was just a nice coincidence with Ridley and KRool being very much requested characters and they leaned into it for KRool's trailer.

I don't think any other villain has even begun to approach the fan-desire for those 2.
That's true. We finally got almost all of the iconic Nintendo villains in Smash...

:ultdk: = Donkey Kong (Arcade)
:ultdarksamus: = Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (how ironic)
:ultbowser: = Super Mario Bros.
:ultganondorf: = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
:ultmewtwo: = Pokémon Red & Blue
:ultmetaknight: = Kirby's Adventure
:ultdarkpit: = Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultwario: = Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
:ultkingdedede: = Kirby's Dream Land
:ultwolf: = Star Fox 64
:ultbowserjr: = Super Mario Sunshine
:4larry::4morton::4wendy::4iggy::4roy::4lemmy::4ludwig: = Super Mario Bros. 3
:ultduckhunt: = Duck Hunt
:ultridley: = Super Metroid (he seemed more important in the SNES game than he was in the NES game)
:ultkrool: = Donkey Kong Country
:ultskullkid: = The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (I am positive we will get him in this game)

We are running out of iconic Nintendo villains for the next Smash game after Ultimate...

Team Rocket Go gif 1.gif

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!

Team Rocket Go gif 2.gif

To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!

Team Rocket Go gif 6.gif

To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!

Team Rocket Go gif 4.gif

Jessie!
James!

Team Rocket Go gif 7.gif

Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!

Team Rocket Go gif 5.gif

Meowth! That's right!

Let's prepare for a Team Rocket takeover in the next Smash game! :052::024::110:

D

Deleted member

Nintendo Says That Some Switch Titles Will Not Have Cloud Save Support “To Ensure Fair Play”

About what I expected them to say. Disappointing given there are many ways they could overcome this problem, but it's their game and their system, they have every right to do what they wanna do with it. I'm just crossing my fingers that the service will at least get more VC offerings down the road so that it doesn't feel like I'm just paying an arbitrary paywall for P2P Splatoon 2.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Chrono. Chrono. So, I did more research, and I learned Nintendo even tried cab services and love hotels before video games. They had some interesting businesses back then...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well this waiting for The Direct (Which is understandable) is a little tiresome! Allow me to ask you all a question!

What other alternate costumes (For the characters who don't have one) would you all like to see in the game?
Ninten
Mr. L
Black Shadow and Blood Falcon
Shadow Peach
Sports alt for the Mario gals
Luigi should get a wedding outfit
All of K. Rool's various outfits in the DKC games
Dry Bones Bowser, Dark Bowser, and Rookie
Iggy and Lemmy with Rainbow hair like they originally had even though it won't happen
Hilda for Zelda
Demise or Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf
Impa or Paya for Shiek
Scouter for Wolf
Uhh... Masked Dedede

Can't think of any others rn

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
That's true. We finally got almost all of the iconic Nintendo villains in Smash...

:ultdk: = Donkey Kong (Arcade)
:ultdarksamus: = Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (how ironic)
:ultbowser: = Super Mario Bros.
:ultganondorf: = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
:ultmewtwo: = Pokémon Red & Blue
:ultmetaknight: = Kirby's Adventure
:ultdarkpit: = Kid Icarus Uprising
:ultwario: = Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
:ultkingdedede: = Kirby's Dream Land
:ultwolf: = Star Fox 64
:ultbowserjr: = Super Mario Sunshine
:4larry::4morton::4wendy::4iggy::4roy::4lemmy::4ludwig: = Super Mario Bros. 3
:ultduckhunt: = Duck Hunt
:ultridley: = Super Metroid (he seemed more important in the SNES game than he was in the NES game)
:ultkrool: = Donkey Kong Country
:ultskullkid: = The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (I am positive we will get him in this game)

We are running out of iconic Nintendo villains for the next Smash game after Ultimate...

View attachment 162479
Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!

View attachment 162480
To protect the world from devastation!
To unite all peoples within our nation!

View attachment 162478
To denounce the evils of truth and love!
To extend our reach to the stars above!

View attachment 162475
Jessie!
James!

View attachment 162477
Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!

View attachment 162476
Meowth! That's right!

Let's prepare for a Team Rocket takeover in the next Smash game! :052::024::110:
I would buy this game like four times to support it if they actually put Team Rocket into Smash. Thankfully for my wallet but unfortunately for my heart

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So.. let's talk about online. For Glory was an absolute cancer-fest in Smash 4, and I really hope that they work on improving it in Ultimate. Like, inserting a better ranking system so you don't fight three kindergartners in a row that get bodied and then change their nametag to "Niger" or something like that, would be a start. Something else that would be welcome would be allowing you to play the Battlefield versions of stages too (which is probably already planned).
I thought FG was fine for a quick match making service, but obviously an actual match making system based on your results against the past 100 or so opponents is needed, it would make everyone happier to get more consistently even matches instead of the completely nonexistent match making that resulted in people constantly getting matched up with players far below and far above their level. Hiding your opponent's nametag could be nice as it prevents salty players and griefers from being able to insult opponents, but it would also prevent players from being able to use them to honestly communicate, so it is a double-edged sword.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
People thinking there's a "wildcard"/"WTF" quota arr basing themselves on what exactly?
Based on the pattern of everygame so far, including the 1st.
It's normal for me to be impatient.

I understand why the direct was delayed and believe it was for the best, but there's a different, more annoying form of impatience knowing that Nintendo is holding a character reveal back, and we have no idea when in the next few days it will come, or even how.
Well the thing is none of us can even be really sure that there's even going to be Smash reveal in the new direct, let alone any new smash info or a character reveal.
I mean it's highly likely but not guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom