• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I just default to "dinosaur" due to the name...

Although it's name might be different in Japan lol. I don't know Pokemon all that well
Ivysaur’s name in Japanese is fushihisou, which roughly translates to “it seems strange.”

Shroob

Sup?
>Mario has Bowser
>Link has Ganondorf
>Donkey Kong has King K. Rool
>Samus has Ridley
>Kirby has Dee Dee Dee
>Pikachu has Mewtwo
>Fox has Wolf

>Ness and Cpt. Falcon don't have a villain rep
Do you guys think Nintendo will keep the villain-hero theme going or is K. Rool the last one?
Young Link could have Skull Kid

The others I doubt unless we get Black Shadow.

There's no way Mother gets a newcomer in my honest opinion.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>Mario has Bowser
>Link has Ganondorf
>Samus has Ridley
>Kirby has Dee Dee Dee
>Pikachu has Mewtwo
>Fox has Wolf

Do you guys think Nintendo will keep the villain-hero theme going or is K. Rool the last one?
No.
I think the hero villain "theme" was just a nice coincidence with Ridley and KRool being very much requested characters and they leaned into it for KRool's trailer.

I don't think any other villain has even begun to approach the fan-desire for those 2.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
No.
I think the hero villain "theme" was just a nice coincidence with Ridley and KRool being very much requested characters and they leaned into it for KRool's trailer.

I don't think any other villain has even begun to approach the fan-desire for those 2.
Black Shadow is getting a decent following, and I've heard the idea of him as a Falcon clone even as far back as Brawl.

Shroob

Sup?
Nah. I'm sure they'll air it by next Thursday at the latest.
And by then evvvvvvvvvvvvvverything's gonna be leaked.

Like, unless you're super invested in seeing the gameplay, we'll have pretty much everything spoiled between CoroCoro and Famitsu.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
So has anything from Smash leaked yet or just non-Nintendo stuff?

Also how you guys/gals doing this fine evening? :)

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I forgot how to make gifs work on the site. The img brackets and insert media functions aren't working for me. Oh well.
I think Smash has enough villians for now, time to move on to the more obscure characters to surprise us; i wanna be surprised!

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon and Pikachu fighting in a Smash trailer.
Can you guys imagine the internet's reaction?

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I'd think Mipha is the EASIEST Champion to remember because you activate her ability the most lol
No I remembered Mipha and all her unfortunate interactions, I was joking for that one
I was referring to forgetting about the character called Paya, who is apparently Impa's grandaughter. Not that there's much to remember, as she's only slightly relevant in the first mission outside of the Grand Plateau, and her only bit of lore is that she has a tattoo on her butt.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Black Shadow is getting a decent following, and I've heard the idea of him as a Falcon clone even as far back as Brawl.
Probably with the caveat being Ganondorf getting his own stuff.

As you can see, that's clearly not happening now.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It's ok.

I've...

Oh man this was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I had to pause it at the ‘Trashy Man’ speech since I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.

Anyone who doesn’t recognize this, go look up Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal on YouTube (NSFW, especially when picking up items and placing them in your bag)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I forgot how to make gifs work on the site. The img brackets and insert media functions aren't working for me. Oh well.
I think Smash has enough villians for now, time to move on to the more obscure characters to surprise us; i wanna be surprised!
Well, it's Sakurai's call on that one, we don't know who he'll throw at us next. Might be a villain, might be a hero, might be a wild card, or someone completely unusual.

D

Deleted member

And by then evvvvvvvvvvvvvverything's gonna be leaked.

Like, unless you're super invested in seeing the gameplay, we'll have pretty much everything spoiled between CoroCoro and Famitsu.
Anything's possible. I'm sure Nintendo will do their best to get it out when it's ready. I wouldn't be too surprised to see it on Monday/Tuesday. :)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So has anything from Smash leaked yet or just non-Nintendo stuff?

Also how you guys/gals doing this fine evening? :)
You catch up finally?

Only asked due to you liking a lot of my posts from hours or even days back :yoshi:

My most wanted fits both :yoshi:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Oh man this was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I had to pause it at the ‘Trashy Man’ speech since I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.

Anyone who doesn’t recognize this, go look up Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal on YouTube (NSFW, especially when picking up items and placing them in your bag)
Honestly since I saw Viet Crystal I've refered to Victory Road as "The Road of Ultimate" and I love it haha.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

There's no way Mother gets a newcomer in my honest opinion.
Young Link should have magic based Ganondorf. Toon Link should have twin sword Ganondorf.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Well this waiting for The Direct (Which is understandable) is a little tiresome! Allow me to ask you all a question!

What other alternate costumes (For the characters who don't have one) would you all like to see in the game?
I would like to see an Agahnim alt for Ganondorf.

Edit: For those who don’t know Agahnim, he’s the original Ganondorf.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Monday and Tuesday are safe bets. Anytime after would have a chance of leaking.
I could see maybe Wednesday morning, but even then that's pushing it. Somewhere in between Sunday morning and Tuesday afternoon is what I'm expecting.

>Mario has Bowser
>Link has Ganondorf
>Samus has Ridley
>Kirby has Dee Dee Dee
>Pikachu has Mewtwo
>Fox has Wolf

Dark Sonic Shadow's inclusion is likely imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom