• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
The tweet that announced the direct being postponed, just got deleted...hmm...
No, it's still here.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The tweet that announced the direct being postponed, just got deleted...hmm...

Edit: JPN and UK Twitter still have the tweet up.
I just checked the NoA twitter, the delay tweet is still on there for me.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, at least Corrin :ultcorrin:has an original moveset.
Falco:ultfalco: its just a non-official echo of fox:ultfox: since melee (Change my mind)
I honestly don't classify Falco as an echo. At this point the only thing he has in common are specials (and a final smash) but even those are heavily unique from Fox's

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, this guy PM'd me last week saying there's an Etrian Odyssey character in Smash. He said Sakurai chose them as the Atlus rep because Jack Frost was too similar to the Ice Climbers and a Persona character would be too broken like Rosalina and they also wanted something more unique.
I just didn't say anything until now because I didn't believe it but now I do.
Calm down N.
You rang?

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
No, it's still here.

My bad I can't find it for some reason on mobile, but it's no longer NoA's pinned tweet at least.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey guys, this guy PM'd me last week saying there's an Etrian Odyssey character in Smash. He said Sakurai chose them as the Atlus rep because Jack Frost was too similar to the Ice Climbers and a Persona character would be too broken like Rosalina and they also wanted something more unique.

You rang?
You can actually get warned for faking leaks like this, just a quick warning so you don't, well..get a quick warning.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't know where NoA is, but it's 9:30 EST and it's Saturday in Japan, I don't think we're getting an announcement about anything.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
With his swords and anime art style, Lloyd snd Isaac are just waaaay to much like an FE character. Just like Link, Metaknight, Shulk, and Cloud, they'll never be playable because all JRPG swordsmen are exactly the same.

Deal with it, weebs.

I'm joking, obviously.

LetterO

Smash Lord

You rang?
That's a coincidence. I just got PM'ed yesterday that Nintendo is adding Pokedex Rotom to Smash. Apparently Sakurai chose them because Incineroar was too similar to Charizard and Buzzswole would be too broken like Bayonetta and also they wanted something more unique.
Didn't decide to speak out because I didn't believe it but I just saw this and now I'm having doubts on my doubt.

Chrono.

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
That's a coincidence. I just got PM'ed yesterday that Nintendo is adding Pokedex Rotom to Smash. Apparently Sakurai chose them because Incineroar was too similar to Charizard and Buzzswole would be too broken like Bayonetta and also they wanted something more unique.
Didn't decide to speak out because I didn't believe it but I just saw this and now I'm having doubts on my doubt.
How interesting! I was DM'd and told that Urbosa from Breath of the Wild is being added to smash! Apparently, Skull Kid was repurposed into the Moon assist trophy, and Revali was too similar to Falco to be considered! Poor Daruk didn't get too much consideration at all :( and that's why the made the descision they did out of the three champions that exist!

Graizen

Smash Champion
The Digimon series has made over 2 BILLION altogether counting gaming, anime and other franchising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Out of all the Bandai Franchises with a game based origin, Digimon is the third best grossing, losing only to PAC-MAN and Tamagotchi (which has such a little gaming prevalence outside of V-Pets compared to Digimon that i really can't see it, plus they don't fight like Digimon do.)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
How interesting! I was DM'd and told that Urbosa from Breath of the Wild is being added to smash! Apparently, Skull Kid was repurposed into the Moon assist trophy, and Revali was too similar to Falco to be considered! Poor Daruk didn't get too much consideration at all :( and that's why the made the descision they did out of the three champions that exist!
Not gonna lie, I’m totes okay with this.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just don't see Digimon as a franchise doing well in the ballot. Of course it's popular and has made a lot of money, but its popularity has severely dwindled in the past decade. Again, not to say it isn't popular, I just don't see how a Digimon rep would have done better than the likes of other Namco reps in the ballot.

Of course, it could get a rep WITHOUT the ballot, but... I dunno about that.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I don't know where NoA is, but it's 9:30 EST and it's Saturday in Japan, I don't think we're getting an announcement about anything.
Honestly, if we don't get an announcement on Saturday then it's very probable they'll broadcast the Direct on next Thursday.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, best girl right here, folks.
Urbosa I mean.
Only girl, really. I mean Zelda's lovely and all, but I find it strange how there were only THREE Champions, excluding our Hylian Hero. Whatever, their dynamic is excellent, and I feel like that lack of a fourth member really opens up space in the story for Link's Romance with Sidon! : ) The Zora are such a cool race! I'm glad their representation in Breath of the Wild is so great!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Only girl, really. I mean Zelda's lovely and all, but I find it strange how there were only THREE Champions, excluding our Hylian Hero. Whatever, their dynamic is excellent, and I feel like that lack of a fourth member really opens up space in the story for Link's Romance with Sidon! : ) The Zora are such a cool race! I'm glad their representation in Breath of the Wild is so great!
I'm sorry I'm a bit confused...Link/Sidon is adorable but
OH lol Mipha. Yeah I still need to actually play BOTW when I get a Switch and more than on my best friends console but I don't really mind her...I'm sure she could've been better though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Agumon warp digivolves into Metal Greymon who mega digivolves into War Greymon to fight a Charizard that mega evolved into Mega Charizard X.

And then they have a senseless Kaiju battle because those are cool.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
With his swords and anime art style, Lloyd snd Isaac are just waaaay to much like an FE character. Just like Link, Metaknight, Shulk, and Cloud, they'll never be playable because all JRPG swordsmen are exactly the same.

Deal with it, weebs.

I'm joking, obviously.
What really annoys me about this post isn't you, but there are people out there who legitimately believe this, kinda like the people who legit think Bandana Dee = Hat Goomba. They're in the minority, sure, but it's still sad to think about.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm sorry I'm a bit confused...Link/Sidon is adorable but
OH lol Mipha. Yeah I still need to actually play BOTW when I get a Switch and more than on my best friends console but I don't really mind her...I'm sure she could've been better though.
I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen Link/Paya here anywhere. I almost expected it here from someone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom