• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The message said that Lloyd was not chosen becouse he was alot like some Fire Emblem characters.
And Heihachi was not chosen becouse he was alot like Ryu.

They wanted more creative characters, and thats why Agumon and Klonoa were chosen.
Can you screenshot it?

If you're worried about the guy finding out, crop out his name. Right now it just sounds like you're making stuff up.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Tales is almost unheard of in the west. Almost all of its popularity comes from Japan.
Almost unheard of?

Then explain to how us Tales of Symphonia got their game on the Gamecube, a sequel on the Wii, and a remaster of both games on the PS3? I have all of them so there's no way I can "unheard" that

Jesus Christ, Riley. Put some legit stuff into your posts instead of scrambling stuff out of your ass. Many people in the west knows about the Tales series

Last edited:

Chrono.

The message said that Lloyd was not chosen becouse he was alot like some Fire Emblem characters.

They wanted more creative characters, and thats why Agumon and Klonoa were chosen.
Well this isn't biased at all.

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
Selfishly, I hope that the Direct is rescheduled for sooner rather than later. I'm probably going to be dealing with a damn hurricane next week so it would be nice to have something to take my mind off that.

However, the current situation in Japan comes first so godspeed to them and I'm hoping for the best.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Selfishly, I hope that the Direct is rescheduled for sooner rather than later. I'm probably going to be dealing with a damn hurricane next week so it would be nice to have something to take my mind off that.

However, the current situation in Japan comes first so godspeed to them and I'm hoping for the best.
Stay safe my friend, hoping for the best for you

Who is the most forgettable Pokemon to you guys?
Definitely all of the Pikachu lookalikes/electrical rodents ... (Pichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Dedenne*) except Emolga just because Elec/Flying is a painful combination to go up against.
*had to use google btw :p

I am more of the mind that it should do nothing, just like Magikarp does once out of the pokeball.
... or use all your Splash PPs until you can use struggle :p i.e. button mashing

Your dedication is appreciated
Skull Kid will REIGN!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New game: your most wanted character gets to be in smash, but you have to kill another character for it to happen. The character you kill is removed from smash. Who do you kill and how do you do it? I'm interested in seeing how everyone would go about plotting the death of a smash fighter;)

(if you decide not to do it, Sakurai kills you in the next trailer)
I sacrifice Mr. Game & Watch to the Elma-In-Smash Gods

D

Deleted member

New game: your most wanted character gets to be in smash, but you have to kill another character for it to happen. The character you kill is removed from smash. Who do you kill and how do you do it? I'm interested in seeing how everyone would go about plotting the death of a smash fighter;)

Kill Daisy (because it'd be funny to Kill her off just before release)
Add: Pauline (because Chaos amuses me)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Boshi and I'd kill Snake. WAIT, hold on, hear me out...

Snake infiltrates a compound in the night, only to find his target replaced by a plate of Yoshi cookies. While he's examining the cookies, a cigarette lights up behind him, revealing the silhouette of a Yoshi with the gleam of sunglasses and then it cuts to Snake's screams getting muffled (presumably getting eaten by the mysterious figure) and when it comes back there's nothing but a man-sized blue egg in the place of Snake...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

The Tap Trial Girl and all of her Rhythm Heaven friends stampede Bayonetta to death.

Last edited:
If we don't get another blog post today is it safe to assume there were atleast two new pieces of significant information yet to be revealed???

NVM I completely forgot it's Friday.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Welp, this would be somewhat interesting. Too bad Lloyd gets the shaft when he has a more unique play style that we've yet to see in Smash: dual-swords. Saying "a lot like some Fire Emblem" just feels funny

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm assuming Graizen is making this up until something is shown. Its not that hard to simply black out a screen-name. Take a Screenshot of the Message, Paste it into Paint, Block out the Name, save the image, Voila.

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Since the topic of the Forbidden Seven came up, I wanted to say that I think that Ultimate seems like the time when Sakurai will give us the Forbidden Seven (or most of them) and Gematsu. From the Forbidden Seven, we have everyone except Dixie and Toon Zelda/Tetra and from Gematsu we currently have everyone except the Chorus Kids.

-Dixie Kong: I think has a good chance of being added into Ultimate in the base roster whether as a unique character or Diddy echo
-Toon Zelda/Tetra: I think Toon Link was chosen over Toon Zelda during development of Brawl. Toon Link was added late in development from what I understand and I doubt there would've been two Wind Waker reps in Brawl. I think Toon Zelda has the least amount of a chance of being added into Ultimate.
-pra_mai: Plusle and Minun seems to be the speculated character, but I heard on Source Gaming (I think) that pra_mai could've actually been Pichu. I think that Pichu being pra_mai makes sense as we would've gotten everyone from Melee back in Brawl (with the exception of Young Link). Pichu obviously is back in Ultimate now.
-Chorus Kids: I think they (or a Rhythm Heaven rep) have a strong chance of making the Ultimate roster. Especially since Chrom is in Ultimate now and the rest of the Gematsu leak was in Smash 4 and now Ultimate.

So, I think Dixie and Chorus have a strong chance of being in Ultimate. If Pichu is pra_mai, he is back. However, if it's not, P+M has a very low chance of being in Ultimate. Toon Zelda/Tetra has a low chance of being in Ultimate in my opinion as well.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Funny enough, I thought the wait until a new Smash after 4 would be 6-7 years.
How wrong I was.
I was just going by the projected Switch life cycle. Apparently they’re shooting for 10 years. Also making assumptions they wouldn’t make 2 Smashes for one console. And here I thought I wasn’t guilty of fan ruling.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Even the idea of "Toon Link replaced Young Link" turned out to not be true, and that was a lot more probable
Toon Link was definitely intended to be an "updated" Young Link in Brawl and essentially functioned as a moderately decloned Young Link; besides fitting the same design of "smaller weaker faster Link", Toon Link possessed the key functional differences Young Link had from Link in his moves (such as being able to wall jump, the true two-hitting f-smash while Link's in Brawl was two individually powerful hits, a down aerial aerial that meteor smashed while Link's didn't in Brawl, and his up-b being a set knockback multi-hitting move on the ground). To farther support Toon Link being an updated Young Link, Young Link had no data among the Forbidden Seven, where the only other cut Melee character who lacked data was Pichu (who also was probably set to be "updated", if Pra_Mai was really Plusle/Minun, which there is no other reasonable explanation for who it could be).

Young Link is back because of the "Everyone is Here!" theme, which means everyone had to be brought back, including him, and Young Link is still an easy clone like he was back in Melee, so it's not like inclusion would really cost a unique newcomer from making the roster.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

Jin from Xenoblade and turns Bayonetta into an human sized icicle.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Almost unheard of?

Then explain to how us Tales of Symphonia got their game on the Gamecube, a sequel on the Wii, and a remaster of both games on the PS3? I have all of them so there's no way I can "unheard" that

Jesus Christ, Riley. Put some legit stuff into your posts instead of scrambling stuff out of your ***. Many people in the west knows about the Tales series
Tales certainly is popular in Japan. It managed to get into a theme park against the likes of Final Fantasy, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Detective Conan. In the west, Tales is obscure. Lloyd Irving is suggested because he's the most recognizable hero to American audiences. However, he is less likely than Heihachi because Tekken is more popular than Tales.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm assuming Graizen is making this up until something is shown. Its not that hard to simply black out a screen-name. Take a Screenshot of the Message, Paste it into Paint, Block out the Name, save the image, Voila.
Alternatively, because he's a big Digimon fan, someone is taking advantage of him and trolling him.

I have an easier time believing that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Tales certainly is popular in Japan. It managed to get into a theme park against the likes of Final Fantasy, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Detective Conan. In the west, Tales is obscure. Lloyd Irving is suggested because he's the most recognizable hero to American audiences. However, he is less likely than Heihachi because Tekken is more popular than Tales.
Why do you keep saying Tales is obscure in the West when you have been countered numerous times? Why would they keep bringing these games to the West if they were so obscure?

The fact is that they are not obscure. They simply aren't. Not even regarding how Tekken may or may not be more popular.

I apologize if I seem harsh, but it does feel like you are really underselling Lloyd here. I don't care for him but it doesn't feel right. You know? But your opinion is your own.

Last edited:

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
Something I am curious about, for people who think Isaac is likely, I assume that means you either think 103 isn't the final number of stages or you think he would get in without a home stage, right? It's hard to tell if 103 stages is the final total and I've seen arguments both ways about it being the final number, so I'm curious about this.
That’s really the only way I see more stages coming is if we have more characters from unrepresented IP join the fray.

LetterO

Smash Lord

I'm not gonna say Chorus Kids or Phoenix and go 9-Volt. I think the former 2 have a good chance of making it in anyways, so I'll go 9-Volt by virtue of him not being very currently likely but also the best WW rep (yes, better than Ashley) IMO. Also perhaps an 18-Volt semi-clone

As for who I'd cut...

Unlike the game he comes from, this won't be a tough choice. Bye bye, Corrin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom