• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

It's "Megaman would be a Samus clone" for the millennials.
Which is funny cause "Black Shadow would be a Falcon echo" gets passed around like gospel these days.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I do get why that's the popular belief. It's just hilarious that's the general consensus considering there's nothing to really suggest that'd be the case. If anything, Blood Falcon (who is an alt) or Phoenix would be the echoes.

Not to mention the dude pops up in every 4chan fake leak now, as exactly that.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Speaking of Mega Man, I just tried the demo last night for MM11. I would love to see Mega Man use some of his new abilities from that game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Never forget the "Lucario's just a replacement for Mewtwo!" argument. It still makes little sense.
And the "Ike's just a replacement for Roy" arguments

My goodness, those were a waste of time because of how ****ing ridiculous it was

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
You know what character i cannot stand at all? Bandana Dee.
I've never played any Kirby games before but characters like Meta Knight, King DDD and Kirby himself seem to have more personality than him. He just seems boring and unappealing.
Come at me, roast me like the chicken i am.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I can't double post on my Agumon topic...

Can someone please post there so i can post something?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I won't let Skull Kid die.

Skull Kid shall conquer all.
That's good! Loyal support is the heart of smash spectulation.

Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda, Skull Kid would be cool, but if he's in or not won't cause me personally to lose sleep.

I'm just glad we have Great Bay back.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
BWD would obviously just be a clone of the Belmonts, as a spear and a whip both share a similar "long reach forward but low lateral reach" hitbox spread. Even in Kirby games, the more basic long reach pokes of Spear and Whip feel very similar.

(Joking of course, although Spear, Whip, and Staff honestly do feel a tad similar in main series Kirby even though of course they each have some unique moves)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know what character i cannot stand at all? Bandana Dee.
I've never played any Kirby games before but characters like Meta Knight, King DDD and Kirby himself seem to have more personality than him.
dude kirby characters have character arcs?

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
It really is incredible how supposed leaks can spark a drastic increase in support for and speculation of characters like Incineroar and Gardevoir. At this point I wonder if people would actually be disappointed if Decidueye got in over Incineroar? I would personally prefer no Alolan Pokémon gets in and that they instead add timely DLC of a big Generation 8 Pokémon down the line, so I can't necessarily speak that well to what the reaction would be. What say you, Incineroar fans?

Chrono.

Even the idea of "Toon Link replaced Young Link" turned out to not be true, and that was a lot more probable
I mean... He kinda did?

Why would else would you take out a child counterpart of Link to add another young counterpart of Link from a more recent entry? He's pretty much the only case of a character getting replaced I'd say.

Obviously this is only pertaining to Brawl and 4.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
What if we get a lobby system similar to ArcSys games where you can navigate around a small 3D environment and interact with other players' and fight them in the lobby?

Plus, we'd get ArcSys-styled chibi lobby avatars, like this:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I mean... He kinda did?

Why would else would you take out a child counterpart of Link to add another young counterpart of Link from a more recent entry? He's pretty much the only case of a character getting replaced I'd say.

Side Note I absolutely love how Young Link is basically his own beast now with Link changing a bit since his Melee days and Toon Link having his old brawl unique aerials and floatiness now with more unique moves.

Sakurai is doing wonders with the OG crew.

D

Deleted member

Banjo and Kazooie because they'd just be Duck Hunt 2.0 Besides They'd be too expensive. Sakurai would have to fly to America to talk to Microsoft then fly to Britain To talk to Rare. Also, Assuming Microsoft is as big big as they are, they probably wouldn't be cheap. Besides Crash is the most deserving Western third party character and you know it...
Damn, I didn't know DMBrandon had an account on here.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
I mean... He kinda did?

I would agree with this sentiment. I feel like the only reason that Young Link is back is because of the "Everyone is Here" tagline, and once we get the next game, it'll be back to just Toon Link.

Of course, maybe I'm just biased as a Toon Link main.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
It really is incredible how supposed leaks can spark a drastic increase in support for and speculation of characters like Incineroar and Gardevoir. At this point I wonder if people would actually be disappointed if Decidueye got in over Incineroar? I would personally prefer no Alolan Pokémon gets in and that they instead add timely DLC of a big Generation 8 Pokémon down the line, so I can't necessarily speak that well to what the reaction would be. What say you, Incineroar fans?
I will admit that Verg did give me hope for Incineroar. At first I kind of resigned myself to seeing Decidueye. Not that I didn’t like the Pokemon, in fact he was the starter I ran in Ultra Sun, but I really liked Incineroar more. So after seeing Verg’s leak about Mimikyu, Lycanroc, and Decidueye being deconfirmed, I got real excited for my herl wrestler cat boi.

If Decidueye gets in (or any other Gen 7 Pokemon I guess) awesome, as I like his design, but I’ll be saddened to not see Incineroar as playable.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I will admit that Verg did give me hope for Incineroar. At first I kind of resigned myself to seeing Decidueye. Not that I didn’t like the Pokemon, in fact he was the starter I ran in Ultra Sun, but I really liked Incineroar more. So after seeing Verg’s leak about Mimikyu, Lycanroc, and Decidueye being deconfirmed, I got real excited for my hell wrestler cat Boi.

If Decidueye gets in, awesome, as I like his design, but I’ll be saddened to not see Incineroar as playable.
If Incineroar gets in, he better have a Black and a Green alt, the former for Stone Cold Steve Austin jokes and the latter for John Cena ones.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I would agree with this sentiment. I feel like the only reason that Young Link is back is because of the "Everyone is Here" tagline, and once we get the next game, it'll be back to just Toon Link.

Of course, maybe I'm just biased as a Toon Link main.
Don't know why we're even trying to predict who will be returning next game.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Don't know why we're even trying to predict who will be returning next game.
Because it's already confirmed that the next game isn't going to do the Everyone Is Here gimmick. It's fine to just think about what characters will be dropped again.

Chrono.

Doesn't "Young Link" have a separate file in Brawl's data from Toon Link? He was one of the "Forbidden 7" right?
Nah, the forbidden 7 were:
- Dr Mario
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- Toon Zelda
- Toon Sheik
- Dixie Kong
- "Pra_Mai" (speculated to be Plusle and Minun.)

I don't think Young Link even had a Trophy in Brawl, he did in Smash 3DS though.

EDIT: FORGOT DIXIE WHOOPS

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I saw this on 4chan a few days back. I swear, the background in the Klonoa mugshot looks familiar but I can’t seem to put my finger on it.
The background of both of them look like it’s probably the same. Almost like they only cropped the faces of whatever image they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom