• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Nah, the forbidden 7 were:
- Dr Mario
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- Toon Zelda
- Toon Sheik
- "Pra_Mai" (speculated to be Plusle and Minun.)

I don't think Young Link even had a Trophy in Brawl, he did in Smash 3DS though.
You forgot Dixie

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
That line of thinking will just cause arguments though.
As long as it doesn't devolve into ****slinging, is it really a bad thing? Being against arguments just because they're arguments is kind of a bad mindset to have.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nah, the forbidden 7 were:
- Dr Mario
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- Toon Zelda
- Toon Sheik
- Dixie Kong
- "Pra_Mai" (speculated to be Plusle and Minun.)

I don't think Young Link even had a Trophy in Brawl, he did in Smash 3DS though.

EDIT: FORGOT DIXIE WHOOPS
Wasn’t Toon Sheik literally Tetra? There just would have been a transformation mechanic between her and Toon Zelda too

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
As long as it doesn't devolve into ****slinging, is it really a bad thing? Being against arguments just because they're arguments is kind of a bad mindset to have.
This is the smash fanbase, it'll devolve into that by default, I'd just rather avoid a topic that's quite literally useless at the current point in time.

Chrono.

Wasn’t Toon Sheik literally Tetra? There just would have been a transformation mechanic between her and Toon Zelda too
No one really knows.

Sakurai's only ever talked about Dixie so It's kinda hard to tell if it meant to be a codename for Tetra or if they really were gonna do a Toon Sheik OC lol.

D

Deleted member

Probably on either Sunday or Monday.
3 people answered me. I choose to place faith in your answer. For it is the shortest path to the Direct. Although probably unlikely now that I think about it. I don't think a Direct has ever fallen on a Sunday or Monday. They're more of Tuesday/Thursday drops, aren't they? Or am I just flat wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
New game: your most wanted character gets to be in smash, but you have to kill another character for it to happen. The character you kill is removed from smash. Who do you kill and how do you do it? I'm interested in seeing how everyone would go about plotting the death of a smash fighter;)

(if you decide not to do it, Sakurai kills you in the next trailer)

D

Deleted member

It really is incredible how supposed leaks can spark a drastic increase in support for and speculation of characters like Incineroar and Gardevoir. At this point I wonder if people would actually be disappointed if Decidueye got in over Incineroar? I would personally prefer no Alolan Pokémon gets in and that they instead add timely DLC of a big Generation 8 Pokémon down the line, so I can't necessarily speak that well to what the reaction would be. What say you, Incineroar fans?
-I had to sit through Decidueye being "the" most likely candidate over the course of speculation, with Incineroar constantly getting discredited for disgusting reasons such as "we already have a Fire type Starter" and "it has nothing unique".
-I have no fallback like the Decidueye fans do because it's not like I can just play Pokken to play as Incineroar; Decidueye took that already.
-Incineroar's finally being given a fair shake in speculation, with even a notable source of leaks saying Incineroar is the Alolan fighter of Ultimate, giving me hope that my most wanted is actually going to be playable after so long.

Disappointed wouldn't even begin to cover what I'd feel if Decidueye showed up instead at this point.
Especially after getting two of my other greatest wants disconfirmed already.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
An image leak featuring Agumon and Klonoa was released. Then, Graizen Graizen here got contacted by an anonymous GameFAQs user who said that Agumon and Klonoa are in. Both of these have yet to be disproven.
Please stop saying this. It implies they have even a bit of credibility.

Heihachi has a lower chance than you realize. His VA is dead.
I know this, and it's a horribly unfortunate thing, but he did not die when Heihachi's voice lines would've likely been recorded over a year ago.
Also, as I said, Lloyd.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They could have recorded his lines beforehand...there’s always the possibility
Unsho Ishizuka had esophagus cancer. They had to replace him as the narrator for the more recent Pokemon episodes. Also, voice acting is usually one of the last parts of development.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
An image leak featuring Agumon and Klonoa was released. Then, Graizen Graizen here got contacted by an anonymous GameFAQs user who said that Agumon and Klonoa are in. Both of these have yet to be disproven.
Until Graizen Graizen provides me with the message I'm going to agree with Opossum Opossum and say that his claim is likely fake.

The images might not be able to be disproven, but that doesn't mean they're proven either. I personally don't believe it because Lloyd Irving would be our second Namco rep if we get one. Dude's popular in the east and west, and Tales of is definitely one of the "globally recognized series" that still have yet to be truly represented in Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After taking a brief break from posting here, I'm back. Anyway, I do have a trailer concept in mind.

The trailer starts with Link preparing to battle three different Pokemon; they are Pikachu, Lucario, and Mewtwo. During the battle, a late arrival appears in silhouette form and attacks with a series of Moonblasts. After Link, Pikachu, Lucario, and Mewtwo counter the Moonblasts, the attacker reveals itself to be Gardevoir. Gameplay footage would then show Gardevoir in action before reverting back to the battle.

As Link, Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Gardevoir resume their match, an ultra wormhole soon appears above them, along with another silhouette. The silhouette drops down in between everyone, and begins to show off. It turns out to be a Buzzwole, and looking eager to show its strength, it charges straight at its competition. Gameplay footage shows Buzzwole in action, including a glimpse of its Beast Boost mechanics.

The trailer would then conclude with Buzzwole showing off again, while Link, Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Gardevoir all feel fatigued. Fortunately, they are still standing, and actually show Buzzwole a bit of respect. It would become very clear that this Buzzwole simply wants to test its strength, and has no malevolent intentions.

On an additional note, Gardevoir shows a friendly demeanor, and lacks any serious traits.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
New game: your most wanted character gets to be in smash, but you have to kill another character for it to happen. The character you kill is removed from smash. Who do you kill and how do you do it? I'm interested in seeing how everyone would go about plotting the death of a smash fighter;)

Kill: Cloud
Add: Aero the Acro-bat

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Unsho Ishizuka had esophagus cancer. They had to replace him as the narrator for the more recent Pokemon episodes. Also, voice acting is usually one of the last parts of development.
Heihachi's voice actor passed away this August.
The game has already been rated.

There is basically zero chance they would've waited this long to record if he had lines.

After taking a brief break from posting here, I'm back. Anyway, I do have a trailer concept in mind.

The trailer starts with Link preparing to battle three different Pokemon; they are Pikachu, Lucario, and Mewtwo. During the battle, a late arrival appears in silhouette form and attacks with a series of Moonblasts. After Link, Pikachu, Lucario, and Mewtwo counter the Moonblasts, the attacker reveals itself to be Gardevoir. Gameplay footage would then show Gardevoir in action before reverting back to the battle.

As Link, Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Gardevoir resume their match, an ultra wormhole soon appears above them, along with another silhouette. The silhouette drops down in between everyone, and begins to show off. It turns out to be a Buzzwole, and looking eager to show its strength, it charges straight at its competition. Gameplay footage shows Buzzwole in action, including a glimpse of its Beast Boost mechanics.

The trailer would then conclude with Buzzwole showing off again, while Link, Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Gardevoir all feel fatigued. Fortunately, they are still standing, and actually show Buzzwole a bit of respect. It would become very clear that this Buzzwole simply wants to test its strength, and has no malevolent intentions.

On an additional note, Gardevoir shows a friendly demeanor, and lacks any serious traits.
Uhhh where's Gothitelle buddy

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Crash Bandicoot

I'm gonna say kill Bowser for attacking DK's Island just when DK gets trapped. A signature Bazooka followed by a Spin Attack would do

Heihachi has a lower chance than you realize. His VA is dead.
That doesn't mean anything. They can always get clips from his previous games and use them instead

:ultgreninja:'d by Chrono

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

Olimar is murdered and Phoenix Wright takes the case!!

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Just imagine if Sakurai decided to blindside us with the Forbidden 7 the rest of them that is.
Given that Tetra (if that's what Toon Sheik would have been) and Toon Zelda are two of my most wanted newcomers, I would be overjoyed at that.

Now that I think about it, it would be awesome if they could bring back all of the unused characters like Ayumi Tachibana, Takamaru, and Blastoise.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Until Graizen Graizen provides me with the message I'm going to agree with Opossum Opossum and say that his claim is likely fake.

The images might not be able to be disproven, but that doesn't mean they're proven either. I personally don't believe it because Lloyd Irving would be our second Namco rep if we get one. Dude's popular in the east and west, and Tales of is definitely one of the "globally recognized series" that still have yet to be truly represented in Smash.
Tales is almost unheard of in the west. Almost all of its popularity comes from Japan.

Graizen

Smash Champion

The message said that Lloyd was not chosen becouse he was alot like some Fire Emblem characters.
And Heihachi was not chosen becouse he was alot like Ryu.

They wanted more creative characters, and thats why Agumon and Klonoa were chosen.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn those Aguman/Klonoa pictures had showed up in this thread already.

Once again, an Leak Archive Thread could have helped!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Get rid of Falco and add Joker.
The message said that Lloyd was not chosen becouse he was alot like some Fire Emblem characters.

They wanted more creative characters, and thats why Agumon and Klonoa were chosen.
Again, until you send me the full message and not just what it said I will not believe it's true.

At this point, I'd like a screenshot of the post with the username blacked out. I need confirmation that you received it from someone else and didn't fake it.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

SHARE THE ACTUAL MESSAGE OR NOBODY CARES

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Tales is almost unheard of in the west. Almost all of its popularity comes from Japan.
I don't know how to tell you that you're incredibly, incredibly wrong, and that even if that were true it'd still be more well known than Digimon and Klonoa in the West as well as Japan

You have not played Tales, nor Tekken. That's all I'm able to say at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom