• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
What's the message he sent you? You could just post as a message here without his username.

If you get any further Smash Bros. leaks in the future, please inform me as well. I want to stay on top of these things.
This is the image Riley was talking about:
DmMYZIsW4AALfeC.jpg

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Duck Hunt 2.0 argument never holds water. None of Duck Hunt's moves would work for Banjo except for the Up special. Banjo doesn't even walk n four legs. The part about it being expensive though I can see, which is why Banjo makes way more sense as DLC.
You're not a true Banjo-Kazooie fan if you don't get the secret ending where Banjo discovers he has the ability to summon pixel cowboys.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Banjo and Kazooie because they'd just be Duck Hunt 2.0
Did you just assume his moveset potential?

Besides They'd be too expensive. Sakurai would have to fly to America to talk to Microsoft then fly to Britain To talk to Rare.
Damn, if only we have some type of service that allowed global communication without the need for travel.
*stuffs email in a bag*
Yep.
*hides skype away*
No way.

Also, Assuming Microsoft is as big big as they are, they probably wouldn't be cheap.
When did cost of licensing begin to matter?

Besides Crash is the most deserving Western third party character and you know it...
Way to force your opinion on us like it's fact big guy. because it isn't

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I'm part of the truly enlightened group that wants both Banjo and Phoenix Wright. (Though I will even settle just for the music from those games)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Okay sorry if I offended any of you, I will no longer bring this up. My Apologies.
It's perfectly ok for you to express your dislike for Banjo or the reason you don't desire him in the game, just don't compare him to Duck Hunt because the only thing they have in common is that they both are animal symbiosis. ;)

Chrono.

What about...

List a highly anticipated character that everybody wants, but you don't want at all, except.... you also explain the reasoning for not wanting that character.

We are civilized people after all, right?
I'll be honest, it's Slime from DQ.

Frankly I just find it boring and better suited to an Assist Trophy role. Also when it comes to (mostly) RPGs I would much rather have a rep be a character I actually play as in the games and not the "franchise mascot". Which is why I never agreed with the idea surrounding Final Fantasy before Cloud happened, that being that a character like him wouldn't fit Smash's aesthetic and characters like Chocobos or Moogles would be better suited (as well as Black Mage, but he's an actual playable character, so I would've been good with him.) So for DQ I would MUCH rather have someone like Erdrick, Eight or Terry than Slime.

I do have some exceptions to the franchise mascot. Obviously, Pokemon, the mons themselves are the ones that do the fighting and you control them. I'd also be good with Jack Frost of SMT, even though though I'd prefer a protagonist (with Jack possibly incorporated in it's moveset somehow or as an AT.)

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
I seriously get the feeling Isaac is our next character. No, it’s not because of the earthquake, I’m just getting this feeling.

Iridium

Smash Hero
That looks like it was taken on a literal potato.

That's not even the screen select like the ESRB leak.
I almost wonder how many of these "leaks" have actually shown the full model of whatever character they show instead of their head or having some weird angle used.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't understand the comparison to Duck Hunt to Banjo Kazooie when people say Duck Hunt is a duo when the game tells you so many times that they're a trio. There's no magic in the zapper shots, that's the third person. Banjo and Kazooie don't have an invisible hand to guide them, they're closer to Ice Climbers than Duck Hunt, and they're still not even remotely close at all. For some reason, a small group of brain cells see that it's a mammal and a bird together and it suddenly makes it not worth having because it already exists in some generic similarity.

Isaac? Why would we need Cloud 2.0?
Geno? Why would we need R.O.B. 2.0?
Skull Kid? Yeah okay you got me there

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait....I saw a leak with Overwatch on it.

Is this real? Like...seriously....don’t toy with my emotions. That’s Daddy 76 tier awesomeness.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
For me I'd say Geno, Incineroar, Isaac, Shadow, Isabelle and Ken are the most likely characters to be in this game. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Skull Kid, Banjo and Dixie are also possible but I could see it going either way for them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm surprised that most of the public vocal Decidueye support seemingly dropped dead.
don't people disbelieve verg now or whatever is hip and cool?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I seriously get the feeling Isaac is our next character. No, it’s not because of the earthquake, I’m just getting this feeling.
Something I am curious about, for people who think Isaac is likely, I assume that means you either think 103 isn't the final number of stages or you think he would get in without a home stage, right? It's hard to tell if 103 stages is the final total and I've seen arguments both ways about it being the final number, so I'm curious about this.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
At the very least this delay gives me longer to keep using this avatar.

Hopefully we get Isaac or Skull Kid when the time arrives. Otherwise I'll have to change it. :c

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I honestly don't think there's really any character I'm necessarily against, it's just I think some characters would feel out of place depending on their circumstances.
Like for instance, Shadow I'd be down for, but I'd feel it's extremely odd if you didn't have some form of Tails, Metal Sonic, or even Robotnik present in the roster, AT, or game somehow. (I'm not exactly counting Green Hill Zone btw.)
Same thing with Rex and Pyra, but for a completely different reason. Like I think for someone completely unfamiliar with Xenoblade sees both Shulk and them next to each other, it'll feel completely off and confusing given their separate and very distinct art styles.
That's why for their inclusion, I'm honestly curious if they would still be in their respective art style or try to bring them closer to Chronicles and X's style.
I'm honestly not against anyone getting in, like come on look at the characters I support, it's just some would be odd inclusions to me dependent on their circumstances. Despite that, I'd be perfectly fine with anyone who gets in though

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm surprised that most of the public vocal Decidueye support seemingly dropped dead.
don't people disbelieve verg now or whatever is hip and cool?
It's because of Vergeben. A lot of people are now supporting Incineroar.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I haven't seen Lampy around lately...
I remember reading a post from Lampy on another thread saying that he is currently taking a break from Smashboards since he wants to focus on other life commitments for the time being.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, after the direct I actually though Decidueye had been deconfirmed, what happen to his support
Well it’s simple process of elimination I’d think

Verg said Mimikyu, Decidueye or Lycanroc would not be the new Pokémon. And since Mimikyu is actually deconfirmed now.....yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom