• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Wut...

(I’m tired right now, so read it with a bored tone to it) Can someone translate the description, it has 9.8 in it, which sounds weird because it seems they want to show something soon.

Wonder if they show the Direct reschedule.
It's the 8th in Japan right now.

Shroob

Sup?
I would just like to remind you that the last Direct we had/along with the E3 direct did throw in multiple characters that Vergeben never talked about at all! So In a sense! We could see a few other surprises (Or that could be more proof that the leak is just another cry for attention as it's piggybacking on Mr. V's info)!
It's a cry for attention.

While I believe Verg is probably right, this ****ed up pretty hard. Why would a Japanese magazine have the English trailer eye catches? The Japanese trailers simply have "Joins the Battle"

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Dunno if that constitutes for a forum game or just a topic of discussion but do any of you guys have Smash bros “guilty pleasures”?? I for one will admit to enjoying using healing items in battle....(literally all of my friends and anyone else I’ve played with HATE those items hahaha)
I love playing Rosalina and using her down special to steal their items and just use them myself.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Dunno if that constitutes for a forum game or just a topic of discussion but do any of you guys have Smash bros “guilty pleasures”?? I for one will admit to enjoying using healing items in battle....(literally all of my friends and anyone else I’ve played with HATE those items hahaha)
I spend a LOOOOONG time with Yoshi in training mode. For multiple reasons... :yoshi:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Question time!
Moveset ideas for your most wanted
If you want, you can also put the origin or inspiration for the move as well

Lamabunnyvile

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lamabunnyvile
I really want Bandana Waddle Dee as we haven't had a new Kirby rep since brawl and I think a spear character would be really unique and cool. If you want an example Super Smash Flash 2 hit it on the head with Bandana, I think a moveset like Smash Flash 2 would be awesome.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really, really love scrolling stages. Running along the stage trying to kerp up while trying to fight opponents at the same time is just a lot of fun to me. I also just really love getting all those cheesey kills you can get on those stages.

Shroob

Sup?
Also.....Darkest Lariat as a recovery?

Sure, I 'could' see it happen, but doesn't that seem like a better side special? Since when has a Lariat ever been used to send someone airborne? Even in like, wrestling Manga and anime?

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Question time!
Cooked up this moveset for the Anna support thread.
Bear with me here, but Anna's central gimmick would be an RNG-based moveset. Fire Emblem is a RNG-heavy series, and needing to adapt to what the game rolls for you is a necessity at higher difficulty levels. Anna, with her playful personality, would be a perfect fit to represent this aspect of the series. I'm mainly taking inspiration from two characters from Arc System Works games:
View attachment 160813Faust from Guilty Gear
View attachment 160814Platinum from Blazblue
These two characters have RNG special moves as their main gimmick. Faust throws out random projectiles that all have different properties while Platinum randomly equips an item that replaces the summon move itself for a limited number of uses. I will mainly be using Platinum as my inspiration.

Technical Characteristics:
Damage - 5/10, most of her normals, save for certain heavy hitters, wouldn't be too strong.
Kill Power - 9/10, potential to kill extremely early with her stronger attacks as well as edgeguarding with her disjoints.
Walk Speed - 8/10, pretty fast, similar to Pikachu and Diddy Kong.
Run Speed - 9/10, incredibly fast, on par with the likes of Greninja and ZSS.
Air Speed - 8/10, nice and mobile. Around Cloud's level.
General Attack Speed - 8/10, most of her normals would be pretty quick to make up for their only average damage.
Killing Attack Speed - 3/10, her strongest attacks would also be her slowest.
Weight - 2/10, has always been pretty fragile. Somewhere around Pikachu's level.
Fall Speed - 10/10, has around Captain Falcon or Greninja's fall speed.

Anna's normals (Jab, Tilts, Aerials, and Smashes) are all based around her axe, Nóatún. Much like the OP, her attacks are fairly quick, however, her kill options are all pretty slow, in exchange for their enormous kill power, meaning to secure a stock she'll need to find ways to setup or combo into those kill moves.

-Special Moves-

Down Special - Grab Bag
Anna brings out a large burlap sack and rummages through it before pulling out a random weapon and equipping it. The weapons she can pull out are as follows:
Tomahawk
Armads
Lance (appearance varies)
Javelin
Gradivus
Sword (appearance varies)
Dagger
Dark Mystletainn

All weapons have an equal chance of appearing.

Neutral Special - Weapon Assault
Anna makes use of her equipped weapon from Grab Bag to do an attack. Every equipped weapon has a maximum of 10 uses before Anna discards it, requiring her to use Grab Bag again and gain a new one.
(No weapon equipped) - Anna pulls Nóatún back and begins charging a powerful, upwards swing with it. The attack acts as both a chargeable attack and a counter. If Anna is hit while charging it, she will immediately strike back with the swing. If she's left to charge it, then she'll keep charging it until a certain point where she lets the attack loose. Both the counter attack and the fully charged attack are extremely powerful, and do the same damage and knockback. If the counter attack triggers, the opponent will be put into a special stun state where they cannot act until the attack is over, ensuring they are hit.

(Tomahawk equipped) - Anna tosses the tomahawk as it boomerangs back to her. Extremely fast projectile that's good for controlling space and zoning.

(Armads equipped) - Anna swings Armads into the air with such force that she is carried up into the air with it. On her way back down, she then slams it into the ground with an absurdly strong landing hitbox that combos directly from the first hit. Also produces a weaker shockwave hitbox. Direct hits from Armads have an electrical effect. A slow, but extremely powerful kill option.

(Lance equipped) - Anna jabs forward with her equipped lance. Has a strong tipper hitbox. Button can be mashed to have Anna proceed to stab the lance forward rapidly at different angles. Anna slides forward slowly during the rapid jab.

(Javelin equipped) - Anna takes a stance, readying to throw the javelin. Button can be held to angle the proceeding throw into any direction. Decently strong projectile that passes through opponents on hit. Will also break through up to 2 other projectiles.

(Gradivus equipped) - Anna stabs Gradivus directly forwards, if it hits the opponent will be skewered and Anna will go into a command grab where she stabs Gradivus into the ground, leaving the opponent downed right in front of her. Does not activate on shield, only on hit.

(Sword equipped) - Anna rapidly spins in circles with her equipped sword, locking the opponent into a tornado of multi-hits before finishing it off with a baseball swing with strong launch power. If all hits connect, this attack will break shields. Hits on both sides of Anna. When in mid-air, Anna will stall in the air and then do a short hop upwards as she begins to spin. Direction can be changed mid-spin. Attack can be charged to deal more damage.

(Dagger equipped) - Anna tosses out a dagger that travels completely straight very quickly. A fast, weak projectile. If the dagger hits or is blocked by an opponent it will clink off of them and fall into the ground, becoming a regular throwable item.

(Dark Mystletainn equipped) - Anna throws the Dark Mystletainn forward in an arc. Direction of the throw can be influenced. Dark Mystletainn will embed itself into any terrain it contacts and spawn a constant hitbox of its dark energy for 10 seconds before disappearing.

Side Special - Pass
Anna moves forward or backwards extremely quickly, creating afterimages as she moves outside of the regular Z-axis of the stage and twirls around, dodging any attack that she passes by. Button can be pressed again for Anna to jump up into the air and fire her bow downwards at an angle. Direction she jumps in depends on direction held.

Up Special - Arrow Warp
Anna pulls out a bow and fires an arrow in any direction the attack is aimed. Once it travels a certain distance or impacts terrain (or another character) Anna will use a Warp staff to teleport to the arrow's location. The teleportation has a strong hitbox when Anna reappears, similar to Zelda's.

Also made a full-on moveset for Sol Badguy for my support thread.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace

Edit: uh, forget to add a NSFW warning my bad
Have we really stooped to the level of snowflakery where stuff like this is considered NSFW? I mean, it's a Smash forum. On the internet. This is a relatively tame, humorous reaction clip, and that'd be really petty of them to take it down.

I mean holy ****, I had an Anchorman clip taken down on this site because the word "whorish" was in it. Hell, people even spend time censoring their memes, and we have a ****ing auto censor for all posts. What's the deal?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
The Bulbasaur line has "Saur" in it. As in Dinosaur. It's obvious there's some inspiration.

Yeah, turtles are reptiles too, it's just not as pronounced as a name factor nor do they have reptilian traits to any major degree that people think of(like full claws or scaly skin to a major degree). The Bulbasaur line has a more reptilian style overall. There's definitely some with the Squirtle line(besides them being turtle-based), but they don't really come off as much of one due to misconceptions of what makes a reptile a reptile. Their skin looks more smooth too. When people think reptile, they often think more "lizard" and less "shell".
That was never the intention. Bulbasaur's japanese name is Fushigidane, which not only translates to "isn't that strange?," and it also a word play that means "strange bulb." Ken Sugimori also described Bulbasaur as "a frog-like creature."

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Have we really stooped to the level of snowflakery where stuff like this is considered NSFW? I mean, it's a Smash forum. On the internet. This is a relatively tame, humorous reaction clip, and that'd be really petty of them to take it down.

I mean holy ****, I had an Anchorman clip taken down on this site because the word "whorish" was in it. Hell, people even spend time censoring their memes, and we have a ****ing auto censor for all posts. What's the deal?
NSFW stands for "Not Safe For Work"....
It's...kinda that simple and I don't know why it's suddenly considered snowflakery to just briefly warn for someone not to watch something at work.

Shroob

Sup?

We've always had censorship in the website, so there's no 'stooping to snowflakery', it's always been this way.

As much as it can be annoying, we do have some young members here, so take it or leave it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Question time!
I got two for Black Shadow.

Neutral B - Bull Charge: Black Shadow charges at his opponents like a bull. The longer you hold B the more power he builds up and longer he rams into opponent achieving more damage in the process.

Down B - Slam Fist: Black Shadow slams his fist onto the ground causing a slight tremor. Any nearby opponents receives damage.

Other then that his other B moves can come from Ganondorf himself and Captain Falcon's Final Smash but with the Black Bull instead.

Black Shadow could also work the same way with Captain Falcon as Dr. Mario is to Mario. Stronger but slower.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

There's probably kids that view these forums even if they don't have an account or post.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Why aren’t they able to air the direct but they can air this stream going on now? Maybe the direct is soon?

Shroob

Sup?
Why aren’t they able to air the direct but they can air this stream going on now? Maybe the direct is soon?
It's honestly weird.

This feels like one giant commercial with spliced together ****.

I legit can't think of a reason to even watch this outside of morbid curiosity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't find some stream/direct at all on YouTube searches. I have no idea what people are talking about. Quick link?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'd imagine they're just testing something to gear up for the real deal, but the fact that they're streaming SOMETHING just tells me they're comfortable enough to stream.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
K. Rool confirmed, holy crap!

I really want Bandana Waddle Dee as we haven't had a new Kirby rep since brawl and I think a spear character would be really unique and cool. If you want an example Super Smash Flash 2 hit it on the head with Bandana, I think a moveset like Smash Flash 2 would be awesome.
Let's be friends.

Wambo

Smash Ace
NSFW stands for "Not Safe For Work"....
It's...kinda that simple and I don't know why it's suddenly considered snowflakery to just briefly warn for someone not to watch something at work.
I guess I meant for this site. The point I was trying to make was that the censoring bull**** on this site is really stupid. Again, I had an Anchorman clip removed because the word "whorish" was in it, and his Egoraptor vid will likely get pulled to, when it's just fun memery.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

On the flip side, is being expected to use clean language really that difficult? It's a pretty easy rule to abide by, especially when we have those autocensors you're complaining about, so I don't see the point of getting so worked up about it is.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I guess I meant for this site. The point I was trying to make was that the censoring bull**** on this site is really stupid. Again, I had an Anchorman clip removed because the word "whorish" was in it, and his Egoraptor vid will likely get pulled to, when it's just fun memery.
I don't think you understand the difference between censoring and a small warning for those who want to avoid watching something at work or are not at an age where the video would be appropriate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom