• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
And then...The direct started early. Nah just kiddin' They'll probably fix it.
inb4 the direct actually starts automatically

In all seriousness though, I'm surprised there are 3500 peoples waiting for that direct. I'm pretty sure they will be disappointed when they learn Nintendo was telling the truth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As someone who was ****ed over for months by Hurricane Maria and missed a metric ton of FEH content I fully support the decision.
The situation sucks, and having that feeling of missing out on stuff you love makes things harder, because the thing you used to rely on for stress relief becomes another source of stress. The last thing I wanted to happen during that time was a Direct announcement.
Me but with Hurricane Irma last year. Thank the Lord that Hurricane Maria didn't come to my state, but we were without power for two and a half weeks, the heat was unbearable, and no power or LTE for a long time. We had to use generators after a while and dad was affected and --

anyway. yeah. What you said, it rings true. Plus, helping those affected comes first.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
ehh? i wasn't aware anything was happening tonight! maybe it's just a miscommunication, and if anything goes live, it may just cover what's all happened within the past 24 hours and it'll give us a date? not sure!
i hope everyone can bounce back from this...natural disasters are always tough.

Untouch

Smash Master
They aren't having a direct. They just haven't changed the date of the direct on youtube because they don't want to put up a date before they're 100% sure.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Me but with Hurricane Irma last year. Thank the Lord that Hurricane Maria didn't come to my state, but we were without power for two and a half weeks, the heat was unbearable, and no power or LTE for a long time. We had to use generators after a while and dad was affected and --

anyway. yeah. What you said, it rings true. Plus, helping those affected comes first.
Over here in Tennessee, We have loads of mountains surrounding us, and we arn't close to any large bodies of water for Hurricanes to happen. So I'm pretty happy that I live in such a safe place.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Someone tell me what's been going on today, I've been seeing a lot of news and have no idea what's going on.
From what I know, several areas of Japan were hit by an earthquake that measured about 6-7 on the Richter Scale.

The earthquake caused several fatailities, many injuries, and more to be in dire straits.

Because of this, the Nintendo Direct has been delayed until further notice.

That's the basic gist of it, though there's probably some details I'm missing.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I learned about the earthquake in Japan which lead the delay of the Nintendo Direct.
This was tragic and unfortunate, this incident.

At least, i hope they will add more newcomers if the new Nintendo Direct would be in October.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Over here in Tennessee, We have loads of mountains surrounding us, and we arn't close to any large bodies of water for Hurricanes to happen. So I'm pretty happy that I live in such a safe place.
dude what do you mean we just got Hurricane George's rain today

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ah, okay. So the Japanese Nintendo Youtube has the direct up for starting in 15 minutes. They probably just haven't had the chance to adjust that, no way it's happening.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking stuff kinda like Tornadoes, and Tsunamis. I Wouldn't really classify heavy rain as a natural disaster. (Or I'm just really dumb.)
Floods are always an issue in the state. If you live on a lower plane you're ****ed.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Eh, imagine if with all this mess nobody turned off the switch and de Direct airs automatically.
Are people awaiting something seriously?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

The character nobody wants.
If he and DK Jr came in as Echos, the whole internet would explode

Reviving two classic characters (somewhat on Koopa Kid's end) for Ultimate would be a crazy thing and I think it would work rather well if done correctly

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Where is Nintendo's headquarters in Japan located btw?
Kyoto, IIRC. Their N off their logo got ripped off by the typhoon earlier. Man Japan is just getting all the worst natural disasters one at a time.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I live in the flat part of Ohio, but sliiiiightly elevated compared to the surrounding area, so even tornadoes that form near the highway right outside the city don't bother us. The closest I've had to a natural disaster personally was back from Hurricane Ike 10 years ago, where it sent a massive windstorm up that ripped up all our trees and powerlines for a week. This was just the leftover wind from that event and it put us out of power for a week. Japan's dealing with two very powerful events right now and are still planning power restoration within that same time frame. That is impressive and an incredible recovery effort on their part, so like kudos to everyone over there for their response.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
Eh, imagine if with all this mess nobody turned off the switch and de Direct airs automatically.
Are people awaiting something seriously?
i'm not hoping for the Direct, that's not why i'm there, personally! i'm just worried about what might happen if something does come up, or if they'll release more information through the timeframe. i hope that's not selfish of me...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's not even up on the other Nintendo Youtube channels, guys. Nothing is going to come from this. The MOST I can see happening is them giving a new date, but that's still pretty unlikely.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just want to say that, while things have been really tense in this thread lately, it's really reassuring to see how understanding and respectful people here are generally being about earthquake. There can be so much insensitivity in certain corners of the internet that it can sometimes be easy to forget that the entire internet isn't all like that.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Supposedly millions in Japan without power, plus apparently the Earthquake heavily affected Iwata's home town so I'm sure some of the delay is in respect to him as well.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just want to say that, while things have been really tense in this thread lately, it's really reassuring to see how understanding and respectful people here are generally being about earthquake. There can be so much insensitivity in certain corners of the internet that it can sometimes be easy to forget that the entire internet isn't all like that.
Having experienced Hurricane Sandy, I know what it's like, so my condolences to all the victims.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Floods are always an issue in the state. If you live on a lower plane you're ****ed.
Eh true. Ignore my brain flops, please :p Don't know very much about this stuff. All i really know is that Mountains kinda can help against Tornados and that's it. Kinda figured same with Tsunamis since I'm not near large bodies of water.

Yeah. Nice to know there's people on the Internet who havn't lost their marbles.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
So, will anyone go out to try out the Best Buy demo starting tomorrow?
Thought about it, but it's really far away, and I think I wanna save my first time playing the game when it releases so it will be all the more glorious .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom