• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Tried to stay out of Smash talk because people often read too much into what I say :p

Plus some people inverted how I was with Brawl which is hilarious
You probably get this a lot, and the timing is poor indeed. But I don’t know if I’ll ever get another chance so...

I just want to thank you for everything. Your website has been an absolutely indispensable resource for it ever since I first discovered it during the 4th gen days.

All the fun I’ve ever had in postgame “battle whatever” facilities is down to you and your site’s EV/egg guides and Pokemon Of The Week articles. So yeah. Thank you.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm okay with waiting. The natural disasters in Japan are heartbreaking.

I can't imagine they'll delay it for a terribly long time, but that's beside the point.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm so nervous something is going to go wrong, but at the same time, I really want to know who the character is, but at the same, I love experiencing trailers blind.

Gah!!!! Skull Kid being at the centre of all the speculation doesn't help.... If expectations was for someone I only mildly cared about but would still be happy about, it'd be better. But Skull Kid is someone I have a lot if invested interest. My most wanted character from one of my favourite games and franchises. I need to know his FATE!!!!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That would not be the first time something like that has happened. Back in 2012, they delayed the airing of a couple anime episodes that had Tsunamis in them because Japan was just hit by a Tsunami
Not delayed. Canceled.

The BW anime had been building up to this epic Team Rocket and Team Plasma confrontation, but it never came to be. If it had gone according to plan, the BW anime might have turned out much better.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I hope everyone in Japan is ok. How bad was the earthquake?

Natural disasters seem to be a problem over there. There was a diaaster based game series on the ps2-ps3 called disaster report and raw danger. Third one was cancelled due to a major event.

Waiting is fine. Hell, if it is really bad, delay the game. We can wait. People and animals are more important in this day and age.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The right move. Japan's football (that's soccer for us North Americans) national team cancelled their friendly against Chile too. The country has no need for entertainment at the moment.

Hope everyone in Japan can recover by helping each other and being there for others who may have lost loved ones. This is when people need each other the most.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'm inclined to believe we'll be getting the Direct moved to September 14th, coinciding with that Salmon Run update. It'll give Hokkaido enough time to restore electricity - about a week from what Japan's trade minister said - and hopefully some breather room for everyone involved.

The caviat sadly is that Nintendo still hasn't mentioned a concrete date on the Online Service, only saying the second half of September, so that's another reason why I feel the Big N is trying their best to get everything good to go in a timely manner. Again, hoping for the best out of everyone involved.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Watch as Intern-Kun still uploads the new fighter trailer tonight.
"Boss-san, what do you mean when you're saying "you're not supposed to post this yet, you insensitive monster"?"

Not delayed. Canceled.

The BW anime had been building up to this epic Team Rocket and Team Plasma confrontation, but it never came to be. If it had gone according to plan, the BW anime might have turned out much better.
At this point, the Pokémon anime is a long string of unfortunate circumstances, whether it be real-life events out of everyone's control or writers blatantly ignoring what the games established.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope everyone in Japan is ok. How bsd was the earthquake?

Natural disasters seem to be a problem over there. There was a diaaster based game series on the ps2-ps3 called disaster report and raw danger. Third one was cancelled due to a major event.

Waiting is fine. Hell, if it is really bad, delay the game. We can wait. People and animals are more important in this day and age.
Articles like this are everywhere right now.
The right move. Japan's football (that's soccer for us North Americans) national team cancelled their friendly against Chile too. The country has no need for entertainment at the moment.

Hope everyone in Japan can recover by helping each other and being there for others who may have lost loved ones. This is when people need each other the most.
Agreed.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know I was being aggressive about Reddit earlier, but a lot of that was just because I had a long day and came home to bad news. I'm a little grumpy right now.

Anyway my favorite response to that thread has to be this:
I love that move as well. Half of my time playing as Dark Pit is trying to connect that move and fail.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It'd be nice if Nintendo a quick cheap port of a classic game on the E'shop, and put the profits from the game to help support those suffering at the moment

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not delayed. Canceled.

I remember that clearly too. Its not just the Pokemon anime that had been affected by the Tsunami incident.

EDIT:

Here are some more of that user's replies on Facebook:

"Just because there as an earthquake in Japan, doesn't mean we're not getting a Nintendo Direct this week. How about I want it tonight right NOW!"

Another user asked him this question and his response pretty much showed his immaturity:

The Question asked by another user: "Are you seriously saying waiting a few more days is more important than the life of a person? "

The Answer from the other user: "Yep."

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that this is probably old news by now (I'm still going through the numerous pages that I haven't seen yet, which includes the Nintendo Direct confirmation), but it sounds like the scheduled 9/6 Nintendo Direct has been delayed, due to a major earthquake incident at Hokkaido, Japan.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I know that this is probably old news by now (I'm still going through the numerous pages that I haven't seen yet, which includes the Nintendo Direct confirmation), but it sounds like the scheduled 9/6 Nintendo Direct has been delayed, due to a major earthquake incident at Hokkaido, Japan.
It has been delayed. No new date has been mentioned.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think it's safe to say that everyone who knows about the earthquake is ok with waiting. I wonder how this will affect other things of Japan too. At least a 2011 tsunami doesn't seem likely
Other than the Nintendo Direct, the Japanese National Soccer (Football) Team were supposedly meant to host Chile in a Friendly match tomorrow in Saporro. But since the impact of the earthquake, they decided to cancel it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-cancel-friendly-with-chile-after-earthquake

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I remember that clearly too. Its not just the Pokemon anime that had been affected by the Tsunami incident.

EDIT:

Here are some more of his replies on Facebook:

"Just because there as an earthquake in Japan, doesn't mean we're not getting a Nintendo Direct this week. How about I want it tonight right NOW!"

Another user asked him this question and his response pretty much showed his immaturity:

The Question asked by another user: "Are you seriously saying waiting a few more days is more important than the life of a person? "

The Answer from the other user: "Yep."
The guy was acting extremely selfish and childish here, but I don't think the question asked was fair. Rescheduling the Nintendo Direct was done for convenience. Not because it would save someone's life. Regardless of what your answer is, the question makes you look like you're a terrible person for wanting the Direct to air as it was originally planned.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
The splatoon update coming today that added more salmon run gear was delayed to the 14th. So it's likely that the direct will be waiting at least a week.

I don't really know what to say about the earthquake itself, but I can only just hope that as many people as possible will be safe.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Anyway I'm gonna go to sleep, hopefully things have improved in Japan by the time I wake up and we have a more concrete idea on what Nintendo's plans are.

If anything major leaks though, I'd appreciate a pm warning if anyone would be willing to help out. I know it's not important. But if something like character trailer somehow ends up online, I'd like to be able to watch it blind with a video that doesn't have a spoilery thumbnail.

Again, I know it's not that important compared to travesty, but I figured I'd throw it there just in case.

Good night everyone

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Other than the Nintendo Direct, the Japanese National Soccer (Football) Team were supposedly meant to host Chile in a Friendly match tomorrow in Saporro. But since the impact of the earthquake, they decided to cancel it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-cancel-friendly-with-chile-after-earthquake
I remember that at least Kamen Rider OOO got a delay because of the tsunami in 2011. Wonder if that means tv stations will delay tv shows too. Either way, I'm not losing any sleep for missing episodes of whatever I'm watching, this is more serious than tv

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Tried to stay out of Smash talk because people often read too much into what I say :p

Plus some people inverted how I was with Brawl which is hilarious
Hey man just wanna say that I am a HUGE fan of your work. Thanks for making our lives so much easier these few years.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I no longer think that there will be any earth-based fighters in Smash.
They’re not going to fully cut a character they’ve spent years working on because of a natural disaster, no matter how bad. The character likely already has an expensively animated reveal trailer, and potentially cutscenes in the game.

Yeah this is tragic, but they’re not cutting a whole character because of it. Especially when the game doesn’t come out for another three months.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Woke up to hear the devastating news. Truly awful, I hope Japan recovers as quickly as possible.

It also speaks wonders about Nintendo as a company. I already respected the company immensely, but this shows they're really just kind souls over there. They have my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom