• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Joe has to be careful with what he says because the word of God isn't something to be listened to lightly.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Unfortunate for Japan to go through another earthquake. Hope they stay safe. As for the Nintendo Direct, I don't mind waiting a little while longer (plus, there's no way I would've been able to watch it live anyways).

And since a few people brought it up, I don't think Skull Kid or Isaac should be considered distasteful. It wasn't planned, and I doubt either character would genuinely come across as offensive unless Sakurai put a heavy emphasis on earthquakes for either of their movesets

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I get home from work, log onto Reddit and see nothing about an earthquake. But I do get two post about having the direct delayed. Glad to see people are focusing on what's important. [/sarcasm] I suppose that's what I get for using a social media platform / notorious echo chamber as my main source of news. At least include why the direct was delayed in the thread's title, jeeze Reddit....

Last edited:

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Tried to stay out of Smash talk because people often read too much into what I say :p

Plus some people inverted how I was with Brawl which is hilarious
You heard it here first folks! Celebi will be playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I get home from work, log onto Reddit and see nothing about an earthquake. But I do get two post about having the direct delayed. Glad to see people are focusing on what's important. [/sarcasm] I suppose that's what I get for using a social media platform / notorious echo chamber as my main source of news. At least include why the direct was delayed in the thread's title, jeeze Reddit....
I've not been on Reddit in years. Thank god I don't use it...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, this is fantastic, this just ruined my whole day. Overall, I hope this disaster subsides as soon as possible, it's terrible in so many ways and things are depressing enough as it is in other parts of the world. Now I feel awful for assuming the Direct might be on saturday, because it may come true now because of these circumstances.

To think Kyoto's Nintendo HQ "only" lost an N out of all this...

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Tried to stay out of Smash talk because people often read too much into what I say :p

Plus some people inverted how I was with Brawl which is hilarious

inverted...

inverse battles started in pokemon X and Y

Binacle confirmed!!!

just kidding haha

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
The Serebii is on smashboards? I love it! His website is awesome and I love using it for anything Pokemon related! :grin:

Anyways condolences to Japan. I was initially disappointed to hear the news, but considering with what’s currently happening over there, it is the right move. Hope everything works out for them.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
It seems like information on the earthquake is moving slowly, Many top US news outlets have barely put up that it occurred. Hopefully it was just that news of the direct moved faster that the quake.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I do feel that Nintendo's decision to delay is the right one as lives are far more the top priority at this point. I really do hope everyone within the Hokkaido area of Japan are safe and my thoughts and feeling are with families and friends who had been affected by the earthquake.

I've been browsing through a variety of boards and what I do not condone are immature users who think that a Direct is more important than the situation going on in Hokkaido such as the one user (which I am not going to name) posted within Nintendo UK's Facebook comments which really makes me angry.

Here is his comment (situated at the bottom) unless he is trolling:

"No! I'll never get what I want! Shame on you Nintendo, you bunch of cowards! You're wasting everyone's time!"
To think I felt like a heel thinking "Man, I really want to see that direct, but Hokkaido is more important".

Stay classy, Facebook and Reddit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I didn't want to say anything but it's always surreal to me when I see Mr.Serebii himself appear. I used to spend a lot of time on Serebii forums back when I was in middle school.
I've not been on Reddit in years. Thank god I don't use it...
I mostly started using it to partake in the FE: Heroes community. But I've been playing Heroes less and less lately, so I don't know why I still use it. I like a cozy forum environment where actual discussion happens much better.
It seems like information on the earthquake is moving slowly, Many top US news outlets have barely put up that it occurred. Hopefully it was just that news of the direct moved faster that the quake.
Yeah, and I guess Reddit's upvote/downvote system means it might take a little bit for a post about it to get to the top. And I am subscribed to a lot of Nintendo subreddits in particular. But even going on the World News subreddit and selecting the "rising" filter only brings a single post about the quake up, and it's not even that high...

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Using a move? Yeah, that's fine.

But CGI trailers are always overblown to show a character at 100% of their strength.

If Isaac caused a literal quake in the trailer with like, characters losing their footing and parts of the earth cracking open or jutting out in pillars, that'd be in pretty bad taste. And god help us if one of the ways someone dies is falling into a chasm in said trailer.
Of course, this is under the assumption Issac was always the one planned to be revealed

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I really doubt theres gonna be cut content for sensitivity issues when the Direct comes back. Its probably just more a matter if how is Nintnedos audience at home (Japan) even gonna be able to watch it if tjry cant safely go home to watch it, or evrn have electricity to watch it? Bummer it got delayed though, it was perfect timing for me, but im praying as little people as possible get hurt

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
The one thing I will dread about waiting next week is all the "leakers" that will claim they have seen the direct content and try to cash in. We are going to be in for a ride, but nothing new in Smash speculation.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I heard a rumor that Splatoon was going to get an update tomorrow but it got moved presumably to next week. I imagine the direct be at least next week.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
According to Pecky, Splatoon Update and Firmware Update are delayed to next Thursday.
https://mobile.twitter.com/thepeekybird

In all honest though, I think he is just a liar. He just got lucky in some leaks, and in others he just posted them after, that's it.

I heard a rumor that Splatoon was going to get an update tomorrow but it got moved presumably to next week. I imagine the direct be at least next week.
Could be delayed, but it doesn't always mean direct is also next week in same day.

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
At least we know a direct is coming, so we can stop freaking out if there is a direct or not.

D

Deleted member

The one thing I will dread about waiting next week is all the "leakers" that will claim they have seen the direct content and try to cash in. We are going to be in for a ride, but nothing new in Smash speculation.
This is probably one of my biggest fears going into this next week. I'd pretty much classify any "leaker" as fake given the extremely rare circumstances and try to not give them the time of day during this time, because no doubt they'll include something related to the earthquakes or typhoons and say how "they know what plans have changed". Petty is a good word to describe these people going forward.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mod Edit: Image removed

It's about damn time!

Seriously tho, hoping for the best for everyone over there

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They should never be paid attention to again after this. Playing with people's hopes is bad enough as it is without the current circumstances happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have removed that image. Please be tactful with your replies. This is a very serious situation and people are dead. Let's not make light of this, okay?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Although the Direct being cancelled is unfortunate, it's completely understandable given what's been going on over in Japan. Dealing with a typhoon and an earthquake back-to-back is rough, taking the damage and fatalities from both into account. Hope the recovery process over their goes smoothly.

As for the Direct, next week at the earliest, but could see it being delayed for longer.

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
I've seen speculation that Isaac was going to be the revealed character and him using an earthquake in the trailer and that's part of the reason it got delayed.
That would not be the first time something like that has happened. Back in 2012, they delayed the airing of a couple anime episodes that had Tsunamis in them because Japan was just hit by a Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom