• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
so anyways, smashboards, who's the hottest smasher and why is it Richter?
King Dedede is a beautiful penguin, with the looks well deserving of being called a "king". With his amazing smile, his godlike crown, his gorgeous coat, and his amazingly well-made hammer, he is truly the king.

Seriously, take a look at this render.

loz18

Smash Cadet
Like I said to the guys at the Discord, I just want to see more Zelda related cutscenes like that Sheik CGI movie on Melee's intro.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Hmmm and what about Bayonetta? I mean, getting all the "iconicity" stuff out of the way, she's just badass and everyone got so excited for her when she was revealed.
Everyone's got their own tastes. I tried to like Bayonetta the game before the ballot, and it just didn't click with me at all. I didn't find the gameplay interesting, I didnt like the atmosphere, and I really didnt like Bayonetta as a character, so naturally I was really sour about Bayonetta being the last character (and the whole ballot controversy didnt help the situation for me at all). I dont know why that game didn't click with me like Platinums other games have (Big fan of MGR and Nier Automata), but it just didn't.

If everyone else likes Bayonetta, thats cool and all, but I just never particularly did.

Welp, can't give you that answer, but I can tell you that its a tie between:ultzss::ultzelda:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Unfortunately my friend, we most likely won't see anything of Pokemon's first home console generation until next year. They've still got to push Let's Go.
True. I still check Serebii once a month around Corocoro time though. You never know when they'll do the NEW POKEMON silhouette tease.

Which ones?
Who is the most visually appealing character in Smash Bros.

But not who has the best model.

Who is the hottest.

Come on team.

Anyway...

Which character do you think has the best model this time around?

Untouch

Smash Master
Splatoon 2's testfire started on March 24 and the game came out July 21.
That's 4 months, which is further than now until the launch of Smash Ultimate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Plenty of straight dudes are into games for the same reason. I remember the marketing for games like Fear Effect and the original Tomb Raiders capitalizing on it.
Oh sure but it doesn't make it right.

It's obnoxious when anybody does it when that isn't the main point of the work.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Huh. It's the guy. FORMER GRANDFATHER THE GUY?!

Honestly if it is you, like you said, doesn't really matter; the only thing I could really say, when it comes to talking about Smash stuff, is that it's best to probably tease really carefully. After the Smash 4 leaks with the roster, and not to mention Ryu getting leaked - which took A LOT of the flash away from his reveal - people would much prefer it to be teased rather than "oh hey, here's Rex & Pyra" or "WHOOPS, MASTER CHIEF" something. Sadly there'll be people out to make these guys targets, and it's kinda sad it's become the norm.

Though I think the problem really isn't you guys who let us in with teases, rather big figureheads or these people who are so gullible that try to ruin the fun, since they obviously have the bigger reach. The biggest example I can think of is Etika. You could tell that people aren't into his Smash Ultimate reactions (aside from the initial March reveal) as before because by that point he believes leaks and will try to get the word out (remember when he said Crash & Spyro were gonna be in Smash because of "sources"?).

Another example I can think of is all of these people who willingly clickbait, and it's unfortunate that's the case, because they won't take down the content if it's proven fake, then people get mad at Nintendo over nothing and make false narratives. A vicious cycle that's really all about that $$$.

That's my only concerns with "leaks" and the environment, bit of a Fantano Thinkpiece from me, if you will. Other than that, welcome to the thread! Expect to see Scott the Woz a lot, I'm shameless.:nifty:
A lot of people think you're really Scott the Woz, but not me. I know the truth.

You're his evil twin brother, trying to take over his life one post at a time!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Who is the hottest.

Come on team.
Ah yes, those topics...

Which is why I'll respond anyways
Use your imagination...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Like I said to the guys at the Discord, I just want to see more Zelda related cutscenes like that Sheik CGI movie on Melee's intro.
Rie brought this up earlier, but what do you mean by "lower your expectations". Please give us clear answers, or PM me if you are worried about the public distorting/misinterpreting your information.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Do you think we'll get the Smash reveal at the beginning of the direct, the end, or if Smash will get a dedicated section in the middle similar to Mario Tennis in the direct earlier this year.

Wambo

Smash Ace
It's weird to think about the fact that we haven't had any decent Zelda-focused cutscenes since Brawl. This is why I think Skull Kid is actually pretty likely.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In almost every single reaction to his trailer I saw, almost nobody seemed like they knew who he was, and that hurts, a bit.
The only person I know that recognized Richter was a guy called Liam from Rising Super Star.

He's a HUGE fan of it and says "Die monster, you don't belong in this world." after every boss he beats.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
On an unrelated note, what NEVER EVER franchise would you like to see rep'd in Smash?
I wouldn't mind seeing Excalibur Umbra from Warframe dueling it out against other swordsmen
Imma say uh.......... Daze Before Christmas?

You play as Santa and he has a demon alter-ego he can switch to.

Could be unique.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Zelda's the cutest and my favorite girl imho, but in terms of being the hottest I'm inclined to say it's a toss-up between the three obvious choices: Bayonetta, Samus, and Palutena.
Bayonetta’s weird shaped body really makes her unappealing to me.

Untouch

Smash Master
Do you think we'll get the Smash reveal at the beginning of the direct, the end, or if Smash will get a dedicated section in the middle similar to Mario Tennis in the direct earlier this year.
Usually they happen at the end, Rosalina's was the exception.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
If there's one reveal, it'll be at the end. If two, one at the beginning and one at the end.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we do get only one unique and one echo tomorrow. I think it should be Skull Kid and Black Knight then Dry Bowser appearing as well but as a costume for Bowser and set on Bowser's Stage. Such a stage is quite fitting for the three of them if you ask me and good way to show their reveals.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So guys

If you were to make various 2 people and 3 people teams...what would you do and how would you attempt it?

:ultkingdedede::ultkrool: - Kings of Brawl (a name I've done in my Smash stuff)
:ultzss::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta: - The Beautiful Athletics
:ultridley::ultganondorf: - Darkness of Destruction
:ultshulk::ultlucina: - I'm Feeling the Future
:ultpit::ultlink: - Heroes of Justice
:ultyounglink::ultpichu: - Long Lost Fighters
:ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultdaisy: - New Gurls On Da Block

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
At the end, many would hop off the Direct if they did the reveal at the start

D

Deleted member

A lot of people think you're really Scott the Woz, but not me. I know the truth.

You're his evil twin brother, trying to take over his life one post at a time!
Choose your next words wisely, son.

i'm either busy or you're gonna get it.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fire Emblem and it's slew of highly attractive protagonists might want to talk with you...

Lyndis and Chrom as first sights ain't any bad memories to me, not at all.
That was 1/8 of the series after it had fallen in the dark hands of waifu money. It's even worse because Richter did like the most stupid **** in the entire series.
even if he was "possessed" he still ****ed up

D

Deleted member

If the furniture theory isn't true, Sakurai's gotta be real ****ing careful about what's on his set if he appears in this Direct, lol.
Or he needs to embrace it fully and just have a giant Geno Poster behind him, a Shantae plushie in his lap, an Isaac figure on a desk next to him, a copy of Banjo-Kazooie in the trash to his right, and a Gothitelle T-Shirt on while wearing Majora's Mask as he does the next Direct. There should also be a life-sized statue of Alphone Elric standing next to him.

That way nobody knows what to feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
That was an especially bad first day back at school. So, there's a Direct or whatnot? Cool. Hopefully Prime 4 and the new Animal Crossing will be shown.

I predict Incineroar or Isaac for Smash related reveals, but I'm hopeful for Elma as well.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hottest character? Gotta be Charizard, I don't think Bayonetta is constantly on fire.

Well, odds are we'll probably get some kind of Smash news tomorrow. Nothing's for certain, but it's a pretty safe bet.

In the mean time, anyone up for some more discussion? I promise, there're some things therein that you've never considered before.

>Blaziken as a Falcon Echo

Ah, I see you're a man of culture.

On an unrelated note, what NEVER EVER franchise would you like to see rep'd in Smash?
I wouldn't mind seeing Excalibur Umbra from Warframe dueling it out against other swordsmen
SCRIBBLENAUTS!!! Maxwell as a character with Lily as an echo.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Lol, I wanna see more F-Zero related stuff like that one bit in the Melee intro. I feel ya dude

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem and it's slew of highly attractive protagonists might want to talk with you...

Lyndis and Chrom as first sights ain't any bad memories to me, not at all.
Talk to me when the games have more than one cheap gay romance in a game. For both genders.

King Dedede is a beautiful penguin, with the looks well deserving of being called a "king". With his amazing smile, his godlike crown, his gorgeous coat, and his amazingly well-made hammer, he is truly the king.

Seriously, take a look at this render.
Okay that's pretty valid.

True. I still check Serebii once a month around Corocoro time though. You never know when they'll do the NEW POKEMON silhouette tease.

Who is the hottest.

Come on team.

Anyway...

Which character do you think has the best model this time around?
I really enjoy the way Richter's biceps practically burst out of his top, and the way his pecs bulge underneath that blue tunic. His silky brown hair frames his chiseled, boyfriend-material face just right, and don't even get me started on his thighs.

Potato_

Smash Lord

NieR for sure. 2B as the main fighter with A2 as an echo would work so beautifully. Their movesets, if anything like the base game at all would be an absolute joy to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom