• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Seeing how Sakurai is adding everyone's most wanted characters, i could see Banjo as the FAT announcement for a final Smash Direct before release.
Or he could be DLC since Phil Spencer is ok with him being in Smash. Let's not forget that Phil Spencer is the head of Xbox and vice president of Microsoft Gaming, he can very well persuade Rare into lending the Banjo-Kazooie IP to Nintendo.
Indeed, and the reason why I think B&K have a strong likelihood to be in the base rather than DLC is because his tweet was in 2015... during the ballot... where B&K's popularity was high in the polls. It all lines up. Of course, it could just as easily be like a bowling ball going straight into the pocket only to swerve into the gutter at the last second.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm buying every single amiibo that release for Smash. Hopefully the designs are great.
I locked down the Ridley amiibo as soon as I could get my hands on it. The newer ones already look a lot more detailed.

D

Deleted member

I added the user to my Twitter if that helps.

Hey man I get it. Check my Twitter. This user is on my description. Let's just talk about the game shall we?
Oh, ok good, thanks. Welcome to the site then.
As some who has been impersonated on other sites, this.
What do you mean you aren't Ninka_vanroose who leaked the Tower of Smash?

Untouch

Smash Master
In 13 minutes we should be getting a blog post, last smash direct it was delayed for the direct so I wonder if they're doing that again.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
HOLD UP MY NOT SO PRETTIES!!!!

Who do y’all think will be revealed for Smash tomorrow if there’s atleast 1 character reveal?
My money's on Skull Kid, honestly. Nintendo's been nutting themselves over him lately.
As for the rest, I feel like the likelyhood of getting revealed tomorrow goes something like this:
2. Pokemon
3. Isaac
4. Something unexpected
5. Geno

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Mega Man will probably have better combos.

I think the Belmonts will have few to no combos.

Their major weakness.
True. they probably will be left open upon whiffing.
We still have to wait and see but maybe mega man's projectiles can cancel out theirs.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
As you said, he technically wasn't the final character. There were 2 more to go. No "technicals" about it.
Hmmm and what about Bayonetta? I mean, getting all the "iconicity" stuff out of the way, she's just badass and everyone got so excited for her when she was revealed.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
My only question for Loz, is why his information seemingly conflicts soo badly with Vergeben's info, and why Mimique, who let's face it they're a leaker, is taking both as legitimate info.

If Loz and Mimique have any interactions, you'd think they'd share a similar view/source.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My money's on Skull Kid, honestly. Nintendo's been nutting themselves over him lately.
As for the rest, I feel like the likelyhood of getting revealed tomorrow goes something like this:
2. Pokemon
3. Isaac
4. Something unexpected
5. Geno
That is a good *** reason to choose Skull Kid

Gonna need to add him and his first point

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
>Ultimate finalized in 2015

Yes, N-Sane trilogy will matter just as WarioWare Gold did with Ashley
Don't play with my heart man. It's possible Sakurai may have been contacted in advance but put Crash in DLC

Nope. He revealed Corrin and Bayo last which completely killed the hype.
That's how I felt with those two being the final two characters revealed.

I'm buying every single amiibo that release for Smash. Hopefully the designs are great.
Same here. But I'm gonna see what my wallet has to say about it lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
True. they probably will be left open upon whiffing.
We still have to wait and see but maybe mega man's projectiles can cancel out theirs.
I imagine the cross will be easily clinked, but I have my doubts about the axe.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Unrelated to the topic at hand but who's this character that's in nearly all your posts who I only assume is your most-wanted newcomer?
She looks cute
Might check my username if you want the answer. :p She's The Namco-equivalent Retro Angel to Nintendo's Pit.

In anycase, this thread I just made might come in handy if you want to know more about her:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the-guardian-angel-of-namco-valkyrie-for-smash-bros-ultimate.458147/

Now, I can't say she's my "most-wanted", really. I could say she's kinda like Richter Belmont: a personal fave that exists outside the Nintendo-gaming, who I can't even seeing happening seriously - yet if added, Smash Bros Ultimate would elevate to something very special to me if it did.

If she did happen though... I bet the entirety of Smashboards would be after my tail. :lol:

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I'm pretty curious to see how they handle the character reveal(s?) tomorrow, as well. For the 3DS and Wii U games, we would get trailers in Nintendo Directs with no real introduction or follow-up, similar to the King K. Rool trailer. But since it's very likely we'll be seeing one or more new Echo Fighters, that leaves us with a few options:
  1. The Echo is revealed in the trailer like Lucina was with Robin.
  2. The Echo is revealed before or after the trailer of a full-blown newcomer as an additional, less ceremonious announcement akin to Chrom and Dark Samus after Simon and Richter's reveal segment.
  3. The Echo (or more likely, Echoes) are revealed with no fully new character in a fairly brief update on Smash Ultimate which is just gameplay with basic splash art added in, essentially like the Echo Fighters' segment from the 08/08 Direct if you remove it from its greater context in that presentation.
With Simon and K. Rool having been revealed not even a month ago, I honestly wouldn't be shocked if option 3 ended up being the case with two disparate Echoes being revealed (perhaps Shadow and Isabelle). Option 2 just seems a bit awkward if there isn't an entire dedicated Smash segment of the new Direct, which just doesn't seem terribly likely. As for option 1, just as I wonder if they would ever make an Echo have a move distinct from their base fighter from a character outside of their series, I wonder if they would ever reveal an Echo in the trailer for a character from a different series? Lucina was shown in Robin's trailer, and Chrom borrowed a move that Roy didn't have from Ike, so while both raise the possibility of cross-series stuff, I'm hesitant to assume that they would go there. If they are indeed insistent on keeping all new characters revealed in a trailer to the same series, I can't imagine any likely Echo Fighters from series that are also likely to have a newcomer revealed at this point, honestly, so I'm not expecting option 1 to be the case, further backing my belief that we could see the reveal of only two new Echoes tomorrow.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Hey man I get it. Check my Twitter. This user is on my description. Let's just talk about the game shall we?
Yes guys, it's him, I already told you. Me and Pwnapplez Pwnapplez can confirm because we chat with him outside of the forum. Let's just keep enjoying our talk about the game.

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
If any of my picks get in, I'll accept your challenge, and face you on the battlefield in January.

Muhahaha Hahahaha Hahahahahahaha *laughs maniacally-er*

Wolf & Krystal cause I wanted Wolf in Melee, and Krystal in Brawl... funny how things turn out to be so bittersweet.
more of these plz

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, Banjo could be the next reveal. A super popular character who many of the direct viewers would know even if they went in smash speculation. Giving it a 40 to 60 percent chance. Skull Kid or Pokemon are my other two guesses. But I think the ones only Smash fans really push will be saved for the Smash direct, so no Geno

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm still curious about how the NES Online will work. I have no idea what kinda gimmick they're presenting with that unless it's like NES Remix

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Right now, it seems like the money's on either Skull Kid or Isaac tomorrow.

Of the two, which one do you think is more likely to be revealed, and which one would you prefer?

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Do we know if the amiibo are gonna do anything other than what they did in 4? I got Megaman and Ness but none of the other smash ones

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

It's a shame you have to do anything of the sort to get people to believe you are yourself, but welcome regardless! Can't wait to see what cool stuff we get tomorrow - Smash-related or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom