• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I bet it’s TheLastJinjo.
That’s my bet.
I’ll bet 500 fakes on it.

Who’s in? Place your bets.

Also, Loz18 or not, welcome to the boards.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I like how loz18 pops up and everyone starts posting lmao

So let's talk about the way how we are gonna get newcomers tomorrow. Obviously we're gonna get a trailer so I'm expecting at least one newcomer. But how many echoes do you think would pop up? I'm willing to bet at least 2
I'm not really expecting any Smash news at all. If we do, it will probably be a single relatively softball reveal like a Pokémon.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
ahaha! if we have to lower our expectations more, that can only mean one thing...
another fire emblem rep
know that i'm completely kidding

either way, even if we're gonna be rude to a dude who's trying to impersonate loz18, what if it IS the real deal? or someone just trying to have a lil fun on a forum? we don't know for sure, so let's stay a positive buncha nerds and not put the dude on a pedestal, good or bad!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm thinking of trying out Young Link. I was very fond of Toon Link in Smash Wii U but couldn't quite master him that well. Hopefully Young Link is a little better. Besides him I guess Mario to be able to compete with higher tier characters and Simon seems to be very fun too.
Dude, like, no joke.

I think Simon and Richter are gonna be OP. Or at least they're gonna be gatekeepers to the higher tiers.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
by lower expectations do you mean no smash announcements or dont expect a bunch of echoes and 2 characters to be revealed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I should apologize for my behavior toward him, regardless as to whether he was the real deal or not :(

I guess I’m just on edge...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Easier said than done though.

I'm cool with him wanting to swing by and all, but I'd like for him to prove that he is the real loz18 because anyone can easily make an account and say "I'm loz18 and I'm ready to tell you about some Smash news"

Let's talk Ken. And Shadow....oh Dixie Kong too. AND IS MAH BOI CRASH BANDICOOT IN?!?
That's the problem with being a well known source of information--and then going into a private Discord. It's their right, but then nobody can trust what people say about them. So, when they allegedly come back in public, people have every right to doubt it. People say Loz said it's them on their Discord--I can't verify it, so it's purely anecdotal.

There's nothing wrong if Loz, the person, wants to be a part of the discussion, as opposed to Loz, the leaker. But I'm going to treat this Loz as the former rather than the latter (it's a win-win either way). Welcome, nonetheless.

So let's talk about the way how we are gonna get newcomers tomorrow. Obviously we're gonna get a trailer so I'm expecting at least one newcomer. But how many echoes do you think would pop up? I'm willing to bet at least 2
I think we'll get one newcomer, a first party character--but if we get an echo, it'll only be if they're an echo of the newcomer (like Simon/Richter).

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Pokemon and 2 echoes Dixie and Isabelle

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
There's always the possibilities of DLC though

I'm not giving up until Crash joins the roster
"Crash crashes the party?" Crash joins SMASH!!!" Can't figure out a perfect tag-line for him. Crash comes to Smash has a nice ring, but Bandicoot Crashes the party would be funny!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
ahaha! if we have to lower our expectations more, that can only mean one thing...
another fire emblem rep
know that i'm completely kidding

either way, even if we're gonna be rude to a dude who's trying to impersonate loz18, what if it IS the real deal? or someone just trying to have a lil fun on a forum? we don't know for sure, so let's stay a positive buncha nerds and not put the dude on a pedestal, good or bad!
Yeah i like this attitude way better, otherwise we don't look any better.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
There's always the possibilities of DLC though

I'm not giving up until Crash joins the roster
>Activision Blizzard is going strong with Crash N-Sane Trilogy and Diablo 3 on the Switch
>Crash used to be Mario's direct competitor
>He's been many people's wet dream to be in Smash
>No proof going against his inclusion
He's in!

Noipoi

Howdy!
The one about if you're an official artist. I'm curious.
If you mean official as in I draw things for money, then no.
But I am trying to be a cartoonist, and the first step to that is knowing how to draw.

I drew my own avatar and signature because I felt it would give me personality, you'd see my profile pic and think "that's Noipoi" before you even read the name.

Also, if Incineroar gets in i'm putting him back there with Inkling. don't tell anyone it's a secret ;)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Dude, like, no joke.

I think Simon and Richter are gonna be OP. Or at least they're gonna be gatekeepers to the higher tiers.
I have that feeling too.
Just to theorycraft a bit, the Belmonts will shut down Diddy Kong HARD.

Their forward Air can easily stiff out monkey flips and using that free whip control they can nullify bananas

Last edited:

fortun8

Smash Cadet
I should apologize for my behavior toward him, regardless as to whether he was the real deal or not :(

I guess I’m just on edge...
it's understandable! if someone's causing a ruckus and we're not sure if it IS the real person, i'm sure others feel odd about it too!

though, back on subject. if we're to lower our expectations, whether we should or shouldn't, what's the next step lower for a Nintendo Direct? i feel like it'll still be sorta fun, right?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'm thinking of trying out Young Link. I was very fond of Toon Link in Smash Wii U but couldn't quite master him that well. Hopefully Young Link is a little better. Besides him I guess Mario to be able to compete with higher tier characters and Simon seems to be very fun too.
Just out of curiosity, what's your favorite iteration of Smash then?
I'm guessing Wii U because of Toon Link, right?

Iridium

Smash Hero
If you mean official as in I draw things for money, then no.
But I am trying to be a cartoonist, and the first step to that is knowing how to draw.

I drew my own avatar and signature because I felt it would give me personality, you'd see my profile pic and think "that's Noipoi" before you even read the name.

Also, if Incineroar gets in i'm putting him back there with Inkling. don't tell anyone it's a secret ;)
Oh, that's nice! I'm not really an artist, but I do try to make some nice art when I tried. Not sure it will really go anywhere, honestly.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have that feeling too.
Just to theorycraft a bit, the Belmonts will shut down Diddy Kong HARD.

Their forward Air can easily stiff out monkey flips and using that free whip control they can nullify bananas
Honestly, unless a character has a reliable way of approaching from a diagonal angle they're gonna be walled by the Belmonts.

That said, I suppose characters with super armor could power through, so maybe heavies will do well.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm expecting one character. But I also expected one character during the Smash direct so we'll.

loz18

Smash Cadet
I have another account though. This just have some value to it and couldn't believe someone hasn't tried to get it so I took it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The phrase "Lower your expectations" is soo vague it could mean anything?

1 newcomer?
1 Echo?
Nothing at all?

Sure, there's a possibility that we get nothing, which tbh wouldn't be that surprising, but 'lower your expectations' could be a hundred things.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
>Activision Blizzard is going strong with Crash N-Sane Trilogy and Diablo 3 on the Switch
>Crash used to be Mario's direct competitor
>He's been many people's wet dream to be in Smash
>No proof going against his inclusion
He's in!
I love that splash art for Crash. My dream mash up is if Banjo & Kazooie and Crash get in. Mario (Nintendo's mascot), Sonic (Sega's mascot), Banjo & Kazooie (Microsoft IP), Crash (Sony's former IP). Let the console wars begin! And then throw in Mega Man, Pac-Man, Snake and Cloud for eight player.

Though, it makes more sense with Crash's trilogy recently coming to the Switch, that he would be DLC.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
it's understandable! if someone's causing a ruckus and we're not sure if it IS the real person, i'm sure others feel odd about it too!

though, back on subject. if we're to lower our expectations, whether we should or shouldn't, what's the next step lower for a Nintendo Direct? i feel like it'll still be sorta fun, right?
Hey, awesome positive energy. Thank you my friend.

Direct's are always a good time!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm just hoping they keep the good momentum driven by K.Rool and Ridley along Simon and more forward with some more big hitters.

Been wondering a long while if we might be seeing a curveball to halt it a bit - because I rather have that happen rather when the most of the demands for the big guys are met.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm not expecting more than one newcomer. I could see them maybe throwing in a second, but... They probably don't want Smash to cannibalize another Direct.

Though if they ended up starting with a trailer, ending on a trailer, and then popping up every so often after they show off a game with a relevant echo...that'd be amazing.

Also - amiibo will most likely be shown! K.Rool amiibo? Young Link? Chrom? Dark Samus? Simon and Richter? the IC's? Pichu? My bois Squirtle and Ivysaur?
And will they rerelease the old amiibo line, or offer new versions that match the right poses (and costumes for the Zelda crew)?

Prepare your wallets...

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly, unless a character has a reliable way of approaching from a diagonal angle they're gonna be walled by the Belmonts.

That said, I suppose characters with super armor could power through, so maybe heavies will do well.
Well, Link shouldn't have too much of a range problem. Gimping against him might be a pain for us Links if it gets bad. Ice Climbers might have a lot of trouble, though, if it becomes easy for them to be separated by :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Let me say real quick that i'm sorry for being rude.
I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just joking around with a guy who I thought was pretending to be loz18 to get some attention.
If this really is loz18, and even if it's not, he's allowed to post just like the rest of us.
Once again, i'm sorry.

D

Deleted member

If their slow startup is to be believed, any fast characters can just rush in. Or just dodge the aerial and abuse endlag, they can only hit at one angle at a time. I feel like heavies are actually the ones that will suffer the most, as their big hitboxes do them no favors in escaping the whip, I can already feel the Belmont vs. Ganondorf matchup and I don't like it.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm just hoping they keep the good momentum driven by K.Rool and Ridley along Simon and more forward with some more big hitters.

Been wondering a long while if we might be seeing a curveball to halt it a bit - because I rather have that happen rather when the most of the demands for the big guys are met.
Unrelated to the topic at hand but who's this character that's in nearly all your posts who I only assume is your most-wanted newcomer?
She looks cute

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I am really interested in seeing how to counter the Belmonts too. Not only is their range really long, but they have projectiles too. It'll be really interesting to see how they change the meta.

I guess they could just be like Marth and Corrin though and really struggle to KO in close quarters. Just more crazy spacing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom