• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Honestly, unless a character has a reliable way of approaching from a diagonal angle they're gonna be walled by the Belmonts.

That said, I suppose characters with super armor could power through, so maybe heavies will do well.
Jeezus and i forgot to factor in the projectiles too. Here im thinking Ryu could just Focus cancel dash in to close the distance, but if they throwing and crosses on that...... They are essentially a superior mega man.

I really hope mega-man is better :confused:

LetterO

Smash Lord
>Activision Blizzard is going strong with Crash N-Sane Trilogy and Diablo 3 on the Switch
>Crash used to be Mario's direct competitor
>He's been many people's wet dream to be in Smash
>No proof going against his inclusion
He's in!
>Ultimate finalized in 2015

Yes, N-Sane trilogy will matter just as WarioWare Gold did with Ashley

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Guys, don't try to be ****heads about him being here on the boards.
If he's here to have fun and join the discussion, let him.
Stop being extremely obnoxious with questions and "proof", Smash speculation is just a ride. Just enjoy it as it goes through it's course, like everyone else.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let me say real quick that i'm sorry for being rude.
I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just joking around with a guy who I thought was pretending to be loz18 to get some attention.
If this really is loz18, and even if it's not, he's allowed to post just like the rest of us.
Once again, i'm sorry.
Takes a brave person to apologize! Good on you.

Unrelated to the topic at hand but who's this character that's in nearly all your posts who I only assume is your most-wanted newcomer?
She looks cute
That's Jerry Seinfeld

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm not expecting more than one newcomer. I could see them maybe throwing in a second, but... They probably don't want Smash to cannibalize another Direct.

Though if they ended up starting with a trailer, ending on a trailer, and then popping up every so often after they show off a game with a relevant echo...that'd be amazing.

Also - amiibo will most likely be shown! K.Rool amiibo? Young Link? Chrom? Dark Samus? Simon and Richter? My bois Squirtle and Ivysaur?
And will they rerelease the old amiibo line, or offer new versions that match the right poses (and costumes for the Zelda crew)?

Prepare your wallets...
My wallet is going to have a problem once we get amiibos of everyone from Ultimate. Debating on whether I shall keep my Wii U/3DS ones or throw them out lmao

If you don't want to post "egg" on your twitter, post anything.
So how do you like your eggs: scrambled, fried, over easy, or smashed in your face?

Untouch

Smash Master
The belmonts don't look like they have a lot of killing power, though I can't really tell from the trailers alone.

loz18

Smash Cadet
Hey don't worry about it. Yeah it's really me but that doesn't really matter. I'm just here to talk about the game. I'll probably add this user to my Twitter description later.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I love that splash art for Crash. My dream mash up is if Banjo & Kazooie and Crash get in. Mario (Nintendo's mascot), Sonic (Sega's mascot), Banjo & Kazooie (Microsoft IP), Crash (Sony's former IP). Let the console wars begin! And then throw in Mega Man, Pac-Man, Snake and Cloud for eight player.

Though, it makes more since with Crash's trilogy recently coming to the Switch, that he would be DLC.
Seeing how Sakurai is adding everyone's most wanted characters, i could see Banjo as the FAT announcement for a final Smash Direct before release.
Or he could be DLC since Phil Spencer is ok with him being in Smash. Let's not forget that Phil Spencer is the head of Xbox and vice president of Microsoft Gaming, he can very well persuade Rare into lending the Banjo-Kazooie IP to Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dom't get why we should allow someone to just impersonate loz18 if that's really not him. Like, I wouldn't appreciate having someone take my username and pretend to be me on some other website so I'd like some proof that this is really loz18.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Seeing how Sakurai is adding everyone's most wanted characters, i could see Banjo as the FAT announcement for a final Smash Direct before release.
Or he could be DLC since Phil Spencer is ok with him being in Smash. Let's not forget that Phil Spencer is the head of Xbox and vice president of Microsoft Gaming, he can very well persuade Rare to lend the Banjo-Kazooie IP to Nintendo.
Sakurai never does reveal trailers in a "hype" order is the thing.
Sonic wasn't the last revealed for Brawl.
Pac-Man nor Megaman the last for 4. That was Shulk, I believe. Yeah...Shulk.

Could happen way before a hypothetical pre-release Direct.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
If you mean official as in I draw things for money, then no.
But I am trying to be a cartoonist, and the first step to that is knowing how to draw.

I drew my own avatar and signature because I felt it would give me personality, you'd see my profile pic and think "that's Noipoi" before you even read the name.

Also, if Incineroar gets in i'm putting him back there with Inkling. don't tell anyone it's a secret ;)
I'd argue that learning to write is more important when trying to be a cartoonist. Bill Watterson once said that strong writing will make up for weak artwork far more often than the other way around. Ideally, like Watterson, you'd be good at both. Either way, good luck!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
HOLD UP MY NOT SO PRETTIES!!!!

Who do y’all think will be revealed for Smash tomorrow if there’s atleast 1 character reveal?

Skull Kid - 1
Pokémon character - 1
Xenoblade character - 1
Geno - 1

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jeezus and i forgot to factor in the projectiles too. Here im thinking Ryu could just Focus cancel dash in to close the distance, but if they throwing and crosses on that...... They are essentially a superior mega man.

I really hope mega-man is better :confused:
Mega Man will probably have better combos.

I think the Belmonts will have few to no combos.

Their major weakness.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
All this Incineroar hate gives me life.
If he gets in, i'll see you all on the battle field.
View attachment 162105
If any of my picks get in, I'll accept your challenge, and face you on the battlefield in January.
I have a strange question. If there was any glitches to occur in Ultimate, what would you all like to see somehow happen?
Muhahaha Hahahaha Hahahahahahaha *laughs maniacally-er*
Ok, random game:

After Melee and prior to Brawl, if you have added two Star Fox newcomers to Fox and Falco which pair would it be?

Wolf & Krystal or Peppy & Slippy?
Wolf & Krystal cause I wanted Wolf in Melee, and Krystal in Brawl... funny how things turn out to be so bittersweet.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Or he could be DLC since Phil Spencer is ok with him being in Smash. Let's not forget that Phil Spencer is the head of Xbox and vice president of Microsoft Gaming, he can very well persuade Rare to lend the Banjo-Kazooie IP to Nintendo.
If they save Banjo for November there's like a 90% chance he will get leaked first

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hey don't worry about it. Yeah it's really me but that doesn't really matter. I'm just here to talk about the game. I'll probably add this user to my Twitter description later.
Reddit's going to blow up about this if anyone there finds this, no matter what.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
inb4 whens deathborn lol

But yeah, nice to see ya around here. I hope people don't bother ya too much because we've been starved for Smash stuff as of late

loz18

Smash Cadet
I added the user to my Twitter if that helps.
I dom't get why we should allow someone to just impersonate loz18 if that's really not him. Like, I wouldn't appreciate having someone take my username and pretend to be me on some other website so I'd like some proof that this is really loz18.
Hey man I get it. Check my Twitter. This user is on my description. Let's just talk about the game shall we?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
As some who has been impersonated on other sites, this.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Sakurai never does reveal trailers in a "hype" order is the thing.
Sonic wasn't the last revealed for Brawl.
Pac-Man nor Megaman the last for 4. That was Shulk, I believe. Yeah...Shulk.

Could happen way before a hypothetical pre-release Direct.
True, but what about Cloud?
Technically not the FINAL character, but he was one of the last and it blew everyone away

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So are you guys going to try to lock down any amiibo for Smash Ultimate, or try to get ones from Smash 4 given new waves are releasing?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well anyway, as long as the newcomer tomorrow isn't Incineroar or Heihachi, I should feel some hype for them hopefully.
Same for me, but with Isaac and Elma. Really hoping it's Chorus Kids (or Karate Joe), but I'd still be super hyped if it's Skull Kid or Incineroar

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If they save Banjo for November there's like a 90% chance he will get leaked first
Banjo, Geno, and Isaac I think shall be saved for last. They're some of the biggest names and if they were to be saved, it will keep the hype train going until the end rather than blowing it all before the final characters are revealed.

Right now, it's like this (or at least from me):

:ultinkling: - Alright a good start! Great hype train start
:ultdaisy: - Solid choice even though I'm still laughing at her being Echo when i used to put her as semi-clone in Brawl. Funny how that worked out lmao
:ultridley: - HYPE TRAIN MOTHER****ERS!!!!
:ultsimon: - Expected it but the hype is still soaring
:ultrichter: - Quite a surprise, worth keeping the hype train going
:ultdarksamus: - Solid choice with a bit of a cool down
:ultchrom: - Completed the Awakening trio, cool down
:ultkrool:- HOLY ****ING **** WE GOT THE HYPE TRIAN BACK UP *******!!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah the twitter account edited in SWF info.

He real boyos.

loz18

Smash Cadet
I'm buying every single amiibo that release for Smash. Hopefully the designs are great.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
So are you guys going to try to lock down any amiibo for Smash Ultimate, or try to get ones from Smash 4 given new waves are releasing?
depends on what other new characters we get! if there's one or two i really like aside from the Inkling (octoling pls) that we haven't seen yet, i'll consider it! i don't actually own an amiibo so it'd be an all-new deal for me. it's kind of exciting!

Sooooo.... just for conversation... are you planning to main Skull Kid when Ultimate comes out? hehehe.... perfect trick question...

I'm kidding :p, whoever you are, welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom