• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
If it's you, you'll post "egg" on twitter.
If you do not post "egg" on twitter in 5 minutes it isn't actually loz18 and then we can ignore whoever this is.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll be here just doing a bit of a wishful curveball and hope to see Primarina in SSBU. But I could kind of get behind Incineroar after seeing his overall portrayal bit now.

I also expect a Wario Land title to be announced, and a 50/50 chance its somewhat based off of Virtual Boy Wario Land. Fantastic game btw. Its the Rondo of Blood/Sonic CD of the Wario Land series.
RoB-comparison I get -Sonic CD... not so much. That game was bit wonky in means on it's true gameplay objective and level design as I experienced it. Rest I can agree though, especially with the banging OST. :drflip:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ah let him be we give him enough when he isn't here anyhow.
Perhaps he really does just wanna discuss, you never know, and it's open to all.
There's nothing wrong with Loz being part of the discussion--I welcome it! It's when a clearly biased person tries to be a source of information is where I raise my brow. But I welcome the discourse.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Stop being buttholes, real loz18 or not, give him the respect you'd want to have in conversation.
daga kotowaru

i'm taking this as seriously as he would: which is not at all

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's nothing wrong with Loz being part of the discussion--I welcome it! It's when a clearly biased person tries to be a source of information is where I raise my brow. But I welcome the discourse.
Ah well, at least we'll have some fun in this thread beyond "new leak Isabelle and Geno are in" haha

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There are some of us who are part of the discord he is in… he IS the real guy, everyone. He just wants to be part of the conversation and community, treating him in a harrasing way doesn't make any of you look any better. Just saying. If he is saying he wants to be part of the conversation and not be a leaker here, then don't consider him one to begin with. You alone are setting yourselves to expect something you won't get and you're the only ones to blame for that in the end. Be nice now.

Last edited:

loz18

Smash Cadet
I thought I could join in and participate in tourneys online and what not. Smash Bros. is my second favorite series. if you can call it that.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think this person is a bit too good at predicting?

Seemingly predicted Ridley: https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-ridlify-your-avatars.47838/

Then King K. Rool: https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-k-roolify-your-avatars.60207/

And this was made today. If he has been correct about 2 characters that most thought would never be in...isn't this happening? Maybe I am missing something.. https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-youve-met-with-a-terrible-fate.66636/

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There are some of us who are part of the discord he is in… he IS the real guy, everyone. He just wants to be part of the conversation and community, treating him in a harrasing way doesn't make any of you look any better. Just saying. If he is saying he wants to be part of the conversation and not be a leaker here, then don't consider him one to begin with. You alone are setting yourselves to expect something you won't get and you're the only ones to blame for that in the end. Be nice now.
I just want to say this isn't how to get people to understand your POV.
Blaming them and them alone.

I am trying to see both sides. I just want to inform you why this post may disgruntle some people and not soothe them.

Shroob

Sup?
Easier said than done, to be brutally honest.

When you become known as "The leaker that did a whole hooplah of a display on twitter and gamefaqs", you paint a LARGE target on yourself, especially if your name becomes 'famous' in the community.

This is kind of why stars live away from the regular folk. Once you become famous, people will hound you, it's just the way the world is.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Seemingly predicted Ridley: https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-ridlify-your-avatars.47838/

Then King K. Rool: https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-k-roolify-your-avatars.60207/

And this was made today. If he has been correct about 2 characters that most thought would never be in...isn't this happening? Maybe I am missing something.. https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-youve-met-with-a-terrible-fate.66636/
You're like the 20th person to post this today.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought I could join in and participate in tourneys online and what not. Smash Bros. is my second favorite series. if you can call it that.
If you're looking for tournies, I recommend the Smash Wii U section. It's probably easiest to find a game there.

We can't do that for Ultimate cause well...

It's not out yet. :p

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Easier said than done though.

I'm cool with him wanting to swing by and all, but I'd like for him to prove that he is the real loz18 because anyone can easily make an account and say "I'm loz18 and I'm ready to tell you about some Smash news"

Let's talk Ken. And Shadow....oh Dixie Kong too. AND IS MAH BOI CRASH BANDICOOT IN?!?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

If true. I'll definitely be happy for Isaac fans. They deserve it after having to wait so long. How I felt when K. Rool and Ridley was revealed.

I for one don't mind Isaac so I'd be down for seeing him get in. :)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I like how loz18 pops up and everyone starts posting lmao

So let's talk about the way how we are gonna get newcomers tomorrow. Obviously we're gonna get a trailer so I'm expecting at least one newcomer. But how many echoes do you think would pop up? I'm willing to bet at least 2

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If also true there goes my final prediction list. I would had thought Isaac would make it as DLC as well as prediction for Incineroar, Bowser's Castle as a stage and Dry Bowser as a costume for Bowser.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not people being a **** to loz18, it's people being a **** to someone trying to impersonate loz18

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Third time's the charm to prove this guy right, I'd say. But in anycase, this might be nice boon to Skull Kids.

Hello everyone!
Why hello there.

Don't mind folk here too much and apologies for their behaviour. Just do remember you're carrying bit of a reputation here... whether it's yours or not.

Hope you know what you're currently doing.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

So let's talk about the way how we are gonna get newcomers tomorrow. Obviously we're gonna get a trailer so I'm expecting at least one newcomer. But how many echoes do you think would pop up? I'm willing to bet at least 2
I was expecting just a newcomer, to be honest, unless it was someone especially echo-able, I think echoes are gonna be saved for Smash-centric directs. Just a hunch.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Easier said than done though.

I'm cool with him wanting to swing by and all, but I'd like for him to prove that he is the real loz18 because anyone can easily make an account and say "I'm loz18 and I'm ready to tell you about some Smash news"

Let's talk Ken. And Shadow....oh Dixie Kong too. AND IS MAH BOI CRASH BANDICOOT IN?!?
As much as I want Crash in this game, him and Rayman give me many doubts..

loz18

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking of trying out Young Link. I was very fond of Toon Link in Smash Wii U but couldn't quite master him that well. Hopefully Young Link is a little better. Besides him I guess Mario to be able to compete with higher tier characters and Simon seems to be very fun too.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

I'd say 1 echo and 1 newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom