• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
so anyways, smashboards, who's the hottest smasher and why is it Richter?
I have no input on the hottest dudes because i'm not into dudes, but Rosalina is a hottie with a celestial body.
I don't mind that she has a kid either, even though she makes them fight and inevitably die for her.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My only request is to not spoil things too much tbh, I still think it's fun to specualte about stuff, unless it's about Deathborn, then you can spoil it away.
Lucky for us, I guess we're safe then.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I only got 5 amiibos (Link, Palutena, Falcon, Duck Hunt and Bayonetta player2), my mains. I'm only looking for my other beloved ones, the Ice Climbers. Only Banjo-Kazooie could make me buy another one. And maybe Simon, cause it,s badass and maybe I'll like to play as him, but I'm worried about how the chain could look in the figure.

Untouch

Smash Master
My theory on the character being revealed being a character that already has a suitable stage still stands.
K Rool and Ridley ended the last 2 directs and didn't have new stages, but while Moray Towers and Dracula's Castle had a lot of time (that wouldn't exist if the direct ends with a character reveal) dedicated to them.
I feel if we're getting a new character from a new series (like Issac or Banjo/Kazooie) they'd showcase a new stage too.
So I think it'll be Bandana Dee or Skull Kid (I feel that we're going to get a new pokemon stage so I don't think the gen 7 pokemon will be revealed).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any Smash news in the Direct tomorrow considering we just had that big old Smash Direct not that long ago.

Honestly, Smash is my favourite series and I'm always THIRSTY for news, but I really wanna know what else Nintendo have coming out because my Switch currently just feels like an Indie machine.

Which isn't an issue. Into the Breach is great.

I just want Yoshi, Metroid news, Pokemon 2019 news and other surprises.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You accessed it from the stage selection screen. It shows you which button to press to go to FD stages and what button to press to pull up my music.

I think you could also access it from the sound/options section in Games and More but I always used it from the stage select.
Oh I never knew that. That seems so complicated. I hope it goes back to the way it was in Brawl. That was so easy

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Nope. He revealed Corrin and Bayo last which completely killed the hype.
Idk man but Corrin's reveal was hype as **** for me, third only to Robin/Lucina and Shulk
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ different strokes for different folks I guess
And Bayo was the ballot winner, according to them, so there wasn't anything better to show than that.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's a shame you have to do anything of the sort to get people to believe you are yourself, but welcome regardless! Can't wait to see what cool stuff we get tomorrow - Smash-related or not.
Hmmm, I'll be in school at the time it happens. Will you be around during the afternoon to tell me about anything?

So is it actually Loz?

Even I got nothing on that :yoshi:
Yep, apparently. Even on his Twitter right now.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
so anyways, smashboards, who's the hottest smasher and why is it Richter?
Zelda's the cutest and my favorite girl imho, but in terms of being the hottest I'm inclined to say it's a toss-up between the three obvious choices: Bayonetta, Samus, and Palutena.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
When was the splatoon 2 testfire's announcement, I don't remember.
IIRC it was a couple months before launch so a Smash testfight announcement to coincide with online may not be too farfetched.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine only being into Castlevania because you think Richter is hot. :061:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
On an unrelated note, what NEVER EVER franchise would you like to see rep'd in Smash?
I wouldn't mind seeing Excalibur Umbra from Warframe dueling it out against other swordsmen

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Yes guys, it's him, I already told you. Me and @Pwnapplez can confirm because we chat with him outside of the forum. Let's just keep enjoying our talk about the game.
Gonna have to agree about simply moving on. Loz has been a large subject of the boards and it’s been mixed. But he’s actually here now and I would hate for Smashboards to be yet another place Loz can’t go to for fear of being swarmed with questions that don’t need or maybe just can’t be answered.
I would like to think that Smashboards as a community would take the opportunity to display it’s welcoming attitude to Loz just as they did me not too long ago.
I refuse to be the cliche that demands answers from just another person who likes the game I do.
Welcome Loz. Glad you aren’t a fake.(Refreshing actually).

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just a friendly reminder. Loz isn't going to do leaks here, whether you believe him or not. Let's not badger him with questions

Yes guys, it's him, I already told you. Me and @Pwnapplez can confirm because we chat with him outside of the forum. Let's just keep enjoying our talk about the game.
Didn't mention me:(

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any Smash news in the Direct tomorrow considering we just had that big old Smash Direct not that long ago.

Honestly, Smash is my favourite series and I'm always THIRSTY for news, but I really wanna know what else Nintendo have coming out because my Switch currently just feels like an Indie machine.

Which isn't an issue. Into the Breach is great.

I just want Yoshi, Metroid news, Pokemon 2019 news and other surprises.
Unfortunately my friend, we most likely won't see anything of Pokemon's first home console generation until next year. They've still got to push Let's Go.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We're talking about which character is the hottest?

The answer is :ultwiifittrainer: because you are gonna be FEELING THE BURNS

But Peach is the only logical answer

Wambo

Smash Ace
If the furniture theory isn't true, Sakurai's gotta be real ****ing careful about what's on his set if he appears in this Direct, lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
On an unrelated note, what NEVER EVER franchise would you like to see rep'd in Smash?
I wouldn't mind seeing Exaclibur Umbra from Warframe dueling it out against other swordsmen
Telltale’s Walking Dead...represented by Clementine...will never happen

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have no input on the hottest dudes because i'm not into dudes, but Rosalina is a hottie with a celestial body.
I don't mind that she has a kid either, even though she makes them fight and inevitably die for her.
I'm a little mad no one commented on hottie with a celestial body. I worked hard on that one!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While I appreciate your reassurance, as I've said, nothing can be trusted about what people say about someone from a private setting--it's anecdotal. Remember all those people taking Loz out of context? But as Loz has confirmed on his Twitter, it's a moot point.

As for amiibo, I've never wanted one and never understood the appeal. Until B&K became a possibility for Smash. If Banjo & Kazooie get an amiibo, I'm going to HAVE to get one. But then I'll need more--Mario, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man. NINTENDO--TAKE MY MONEY!

EDIT:
I like how literally in the span of an hour, we were skeptical of loz18 loz18 , and now can accept him as a member. Hopefully we can stay like this!
Skepticism is a good thing--it allows us to stay rational, when otherwise we could be led astray by emotion. The actual definition of skepticism--going by the evidence. We now have evidence, so there's no need to hem-and-haw. That being said, if the topic of leaks ever come up, I'll be just as critical as before. Measured, but critical.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I like how literally in the span of an hour, we were skeptical of loz18 loz18 , and now can accept him as a member. Hopefully we can stay like this!

D

Deleted member

Hey don't worry about it. Yeah it's really me but that doesn't really matter. I'm just here to talk about the game. I'll probably add this user to my Twitter description later.
Huh. It's the guy. FORMER GRANDFATHER THE GUY?!

Honestly if it is you, like you said, doesn't really matter; the only thing I could really say, when it comes to talking about Smash stuff, is that it's best to probably tease really carefully. After the Smash 4 leaks with the roster, and not to mention Ryu getting leaked - which took A LOT of the flash away from his reveal - people would much prefer it to be teased rather than "oh hey, here's Rex & Pyra" or "WHOOPS, MASTER CHIEF" something. Sadly there'll be people out to make these guys targets, and it's kinda sad it's become the norm.

Though I think the problem really isn't you guys who let us in with teases, rather big figureheads or these people who are so gullible that try to ruin the fun, since they obviously have the bigger reach. The biggest example I can think of is Etika. You could tell that people aren't into his Smash Ultimate reactions (aside from the initial March reveal) as before because by that point he believes leaks and will try to get the word out (remember when he said Crash & Spyro were gonna be in Smash because of "sources"?).

Another example I can think of is all of these people who willingly clickbait, and it's unfortunate that's the case, because they won't take down the content if it's proven fake, then people get mad at Nintendo over nothing and make false narratives. A vicious cycle that's really all about that $$$.

That's my only concerns with "leaks" and the environment, bit of a Fantano Thinkpiece from me, if you will. Other than that, welcome to the thread! Expect to see Scott the Woz a lot, I'm shameless.:nifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom