• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I hate blocking people because lots of conversations start reading really disjointed, but damn some people are begging to be blocked lately :laugh:

Polan

Smash Lord
so anyways, smashboards, who's the hottest smasher and why is it Richter?
>not captain falcon

how is it possible for one man to be so wrong?
Algorithm-based mistake? Hmm.

I still see Octolings happening at some point thought - just not in the base roster, that is. Thought that'd be hype as hell if they were shown Echoes to the base game nonetheless.
i could see the octolings in the base roster. remember, echoes are supposed to require less resources than other characters. give sakurai a design or model for the octolings and he'll probably have them on the base roster in a week.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>hottest smashers

>no mention whatsoever of :ultfalcon: and the almighty Falcon Booty

Y’all fake

1536196126605.jpeg

:ultsimon: Isn’t too shabby either ngl

yes NORMALLY I’m into bishounen like :ultshulk: or :ultlink: or even the classic :ultcloud: but dammit I cannot say no to these Bara Daddies

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
elsa is in, captain falcon echo

dont tell anyone.
Hey guys check it out what i found on smashboards
leaker PlayerOneTyler drops some hoooot new information but before we get to that be sure to smaaAAAASH that like button and hit the bell to be notified of my new videos

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultrichter:y'all mind if I uhhhhh TRY TO DO A DUMBASS THING AND DISABLE THE USE OF THE VAMPIRE KILLER FOR GENERATIONS TO COME???:ultrichter:

It's kinda like Johnny Joestar. Yeah he's ****ing cool and has a great story but that doesn't excuse the fact that he just brought Jesus to Japan, killed himself, and then just let rock people exist.

He's cheesy fun in Rondo but I don't really like what he does in the end. I prefer Leon and Julius.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Do you think we'll get the Smash reveal at the beginning of the direct, the end, or if Smash will get a dedicated section in the middle similar to Mario Tennis in the direct earlier this year.
Echoes around the middle, maybe the Switch/3DS transition piece. A unique at the end.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
So guys

If you were to make various 2 people and 3 people teams...what would you do and how would you attempt it?

:ultkingdedede::ultkrool: - Kings of Brawl (a name I've done in my Smash stuff)
:ultzss::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta: - The Beautiful Athletics
:ultridley::ultganondorf: - Darkness of Destruction
:ultshulk::ultlucina: - I'm Feeling the Future
:ultpit::ultlink: - Heroes of Justice
:ultyounglink::ultpichu: - Long Lost Fighters
:ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultdaisy: - New Gurls On Da Block
:ultsonic::ultmario::ultpacman:- The Great Trio
:ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultgnw:- The Outcasts

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Gonna have to agree about simply moving on. Loz has been a large subject of the boards and it’s been mixed. But he’s actually here now and I would hate for Smashboards to be yet another place Loz can’t go to for fear of being swarmed with questions that don’t need or maybe just can’t be answered.
I would like to think that Smashboards as a community would take the opportunity to display it’s welcoming attitude to Loz just as they did me not too long ago.
I refuse to be the cliche that demands answers from just another person who likes the game I do.
Welcome Loz. Glad you aren’t a fake.(Refreshing actually).
Exactly. I honestly don't want to see Smashboards become the Gamefaqs 2.0 type of toxic community if I'm completely honest…

Like I said to the guys at the Discord, I just want to see more Zelda related cutscenes like that Sheik CGI movie on Melee's intro.
It's interesting you brought that up because I saw HMK's predictions video today and he said he wanted to see Impa as Sheik's echo … Impa and Sheik together on a CGI cutscene would be awesome

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Really Sly Cooper Sly Cooper ?! Predictions are always cool, but dont claim it a leak or there will be heat if wrong.. You say its Isaac and Incineraor? We been waiting for Isaac for a long time.. You better be right about Isaac or you just made the list!

Oh btw your "prediction" for Incineroar makes absolutely no sense, you have Incineroar booked as a face when hes actually a heel.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hi guys I just left for a bit what's going...

O_O... on. *checks comments above*
Oh:ultness: Okay, Hi Loz18, welcome to the thread.

Alright one more:
That video thumbnail is going to haunt me. O_O

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking one beginning and end reveal. Skull Kid and Banjo possibly. If we are somehow SUPER DUPER lucky, then Inceneroar in the middle

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hi guys I just left for a bit what's going...

O_O... on. *checks comments above*
Oh:ultness: Okay, Hi Loz18, welcome to the thread.

Alright one more:
That Shulk video though

1536196344678.jpeg

youve heard of “thanks I hate it” now get ready for...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
:ultrichter:y'all mind if I uhhhhh TRY TO DO A ******* THING AND DISABLE THE USE OF THE VAMPIRE KILLER FOR GENERATIONS TO COME???:ultrichter:

It's kinda like Johnny Joestar. Yeah he's ****ing cool and has a great story but that doesn't excuse the fact that he just brought Jesus to Japan, killed himself, and then just let rock people exist.

He's cheesy fun in Rondo but I don't really like what he does in the end. I prefer Leon and Julius.
Julius is the COOLEST.

In fact, he was SO COOL, that we never got a game about his adventures.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Hot Smashers? If Incineroar is in, then it's him cuz fire. I also have a brigade of furries to back me up.

But besides that, my honest opinions are:ultfalcon::ultryu::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake: for guys and :ultbayonetta::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultzelda::ultzss: for ladies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Hey guys check it out what i found on smashboards
leaker PlayerOneTyler drops some hoooot new information but before we get to that be sure to smaaAAAASH that like button and hit the bell to be notified of my new videos
missed opportunity to use a 'cool' joke, im disappointed in you, son.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bayonetta.

****ing step on me please.
She can't step any higher, she's already on the top of the tier list.

Julius is the COOLEST.

In fact, he was SO COOL, that we never got a game about his adventures.
Isn't there some project called 1999 out there?

fr tho i'm a sucker for amnesia stories

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know I posted it at like 3 in the morning, but did no one see my waifu tier list from last night?

:ultfalcon::ultbowser:and :4charizard:are objectively the hottest. It's a scientific fact. Honorable mentions to :ultmario: and :ultroy:, although anime characters ranked really low on my tier list to trigger people who take jokes too seriously for unrelated reasons.

D

Deleted member

How many of those screenshots do you have? You know which ones...
I have about 48 different images to go off of, including a guest person or two to diversify my meme folder, kinda like a Smash Bros. esque way.

SIKE! THAT'S WHAT I WOULD SAY, BUT YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT THE TRUTH! GET BACK, I SAY!

GET BACK.png

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Hopefully the characters shown tomorrow are cool.. I dont wish to have to add any unwanted characters to The List.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Gonna have to agree about simply moving on. Loz has been a large subject of the boards and it’s been mixed. But he’s actually here now and I would hate for Smashboards to be yet another place Loz can’t go to for fear of being swarmed with questions that don’t need or maybe just can’t be answered.
I would like to think that Smashboards as a community would take the opportunity to display it’s welcoming attitude to Loz just as they did me not too long ago.
I refuse to be the cliche that demands answers from just another person who likes the game I do.
Welcome Loz. Glad you aren’t a fake.(Refreshing actually).

Smashboards has always been the chillest place to discuss smash online, the mods help keep stuff on track so props to them for that. way too many places online are highly toxic when smash discussion comes up sadly.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Smashboards has always been the chillest place to discuss smash online, the mods help keep stuff on track so props to them for that. way too many places online are highly toxic when smash discussion comes up sadly.
I love his videos! Very interesting! He talks about Vergeben's recent comments about the timing of the Direct.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I know I posted it at like 3 in the morning, but did no one see my waifu tier list from last night?

:ultfalcon::ultbowser:and :4charizard:are objectively the hottest. It's a scientific fact. Honorable mentions to :ultmario: and :ultroy:, although anime characters ranked really low on my tier list to trigger people who take jokes too seriously for unrelated reasons.
Yep, I'm VERY aware of the list :yoshi:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So guys

If you were to make various 2 people and 3 people teams...what would you do and how would you attempt it?

:ultkingdedede::ultkrool: - Kings of Brawl (a name I've done in my Smash stuff)
:ultzss::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta: - The Beautiful Athletics
:ultridley::ultganondorf: - Darkness of Destruction
:ultshulk::ultlucina: - I'm Feeling the Future
:ultpit::ultlink: - Heroes of Justice
:ultyounglink::ultpichu: - Long Lost Fighters
:ultdarksamus::ultinkling::ultdaisy: - New Gurls On Da Block
:ultsonic::ultfalcon: - You're too slow
:ultpacman::ultkirby: - Hungry boys
:ultwolf::ultduckhunt:- GOOD BOYS
:ultyoshi::ultgreninja: - Lickity Splits
:ultrob::ultmegaman: - Robocop
:ultsnake::ultgreninja: - Shadow Sneak
:ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus: - Imposters
:ultsimon::ultzss: - Whip it Good
:ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultpokemontrainer: - Indirect Attacking
:ultwario::ultkrool: - Big Bellies

Also Dark Samus isn't female it is genderless

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
>not captain falcon

how is it possible for one man to be so wrong?

i could see the octolings in the base roster. remember, echoes are supposed to require less resources than other characters. give sakurai a design or model for the octolings and he'll probably have them on the base roster in a week.
>hottest smashers

>no mention whatsoever of :ultfalcon: and the almighty Falcon Booty

Y’all fake

View attachment 162130

:ultsimon: Isn’t too shabby either ngl

yes NORMALLY I’m into bishounen like :ultshulk: or :ultlink: but dammit I cannot say no to these Bara Daddies
Sorry, Falcon fans. I'm a face man. And a hair man. And a general "proof of existence beyond a layer of nylon" man.

That sounds like a pretty arbitrary demand out of an TRPG.
Yeah, but it's one that's important to me. Calling it "arbitrary" kind of undermines it. And frankly, it doesn't seem like too difficult of a task to implement, considering romances for all characters are already written. I don't understand why they don't just make all romances for any gender, considering the mechanic was pushed so hard in recent titles.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That was 1/8 of the series after it had fallen in the dark hands of waifu money. It's even worse because Richter did like the most stupid **** in the entire series.
even if he was "possessed" he still ****ed up
Touche. I guess that high definition is giving same fans of Ike and other bishies big run of their money.

But hey, try to be at least happy for them a bit. ;) That way they'll be heartbroken even more when big reveals hit the fan.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
9BX5lyo.jpg

This is one of the many outcomes I'm hopin' for tomorrow.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, but it's one that's important to me. Calling it "arbitrary" kind of undermines it. And frankly, it doesn't seem like too difficult of a task to implement, considering romances for all characters are already written. I don't understand why they don't just make all romances for any gender, considering the mechanic was pushed so hard in recent titles.
Japan do what Japan do, it's innovated from the FE4 system. I thought they already did LGBT relationship stuff before if they were gonna throw incest in the mix and call it okay, but Fates is a disaster so it doesn't matter whatever. I just don't think it's a requirement, since it's a TRPG first and a waifu simulator second. One day it'll be less of that and more the other, but that day has yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom