• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh I never knew that. That seems so complicated. I hope it goes back to the way it was in Brawl. That was so easy
Did Brawl even let you access My Music from the stage select screen? I remember only accessing it from options, which you can do in Smash for Wii U but it's a million times more convenient to do it from the stage select screen. You know, in between matches, you don't have to exit multiplayer and go through to the options menu, it's right then and there at the press of a button before a match.

Like, I just press Y on the Gamecube controller before a match and My Music pops up. Why would you get rid of that and go back to only accessing it from the options menu?

D

Deleted member

"*chuckles* I'm in danger."
It may not be weak to Steel, but it sure does look like its super effective. Also, I love the way it announces its doofy presence when it's out. I look forward to tossing that at the very edge of a stage and just laughing my *** off as he performs the greatest edge guard of all time.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
This is a gross misunderstanding of what Dark Samus is. Also Robin is practically textbook bishie.
I know what Dark Samus is, and I still stand by my placement.
Also I'm going by female Robin and Corrin since the tier list maker only has one tile for them.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Congrats on over 10k subscribers! I remember somebody mentioning you as a friend on Reddit about this...
Thanks!

Oh cool, no idea which friend that would be but neat!

To be more on track with smash discussion, i really just hope we get ANY smash news tomorrow (feeling confident we will). Obviously Genos my most wanted but im thinking he wont be shown til later on if he's in.

Skull Kid or Isaac seem really likely right now and i think they are both awesome, so if we get either of them tomorrow i'll be psyched.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Isn't there some project called 1999 out there?

fr tho i'm a sucker for amnesia stories
Couldn't tell you, though I'm willing to bet it might get the Streets of Rage 4 treatment if Konami ever lets an indie studio anywhere near its properties.

Today's blog is Alolan Exeggutor
Yeah, I think we just got our new Luigi's Nose.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
They live in a world where dragons are the norm and magic is commonplace.
C'mon. You know that isn't ACTUALLY a hurdle.
Unless Nintendo wants to make ****-giving magic and mpreg canon in Fire Emblem, it'd still be a plothole for, like, the avatar to suddenly have their child from a gay relationship.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
the hottest fighters, huh? can't say im really interested in any of 'em! Richter is good-looking and so are the good anime boys, but i don't want to be any more biased towards fire emblem.

though, there was that one time i drew King K Rool but as a human in some armor. i thought it turned out well, haha!
also keep in mind he was not supposed to be attractive. i just wanted to have a good time and i did lol

Also Robin is practically textbook bishie.
textbook, you say? i wonder if Robin has tomes on fashion. poor guy needs some cooler robes every now and again!

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
How did Fates handle the child units for gay romances. Aside from cultural problems in Japan that's an in-game hurdle that would have to be addressed.
I mean, child units practically evolve like pokemon, I don't think that in a world with dragons and wizards, gay couples would have any manner of a difficult time finding a kid. Like, it's fantasy.
But, what if I WANT to do the nasty with an eldritch abomination Dunwich Horror style?
Then you're completely valid.
182 users and 272 guests?! Huh?
I guess someone brought a posse

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Unless Nintendo wants to make ****-giving magic and mpreg canon in Fire Emblem, it'd still be a plothole for, like, the avatar to suddenly have their child from a gay relationship.
Fire Emblem introduces adoption next game.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
oh hey thanks! glad you enjoy the videos.
The most recent one about Incineroar and Isaac, I will just take it as a prediction.. The way Incineroar was booked as a face just makes no sense because hes actually based off a heel, which is why hes a dark type.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's Nintendo, don't act like Fire Emblem isn't the kind of series that would say "actually the baby was formed from the void due to the sheer love of the parents".
Also you could just simply...not HAVE the child unit, as IIRC that's what happened if M!Corrin married Niles and the opposite way.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
There were much worse plot holes than that. Much worse.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Fire Emblem is actually stepping away from child units for a while.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It actually just occurred to me, but it makes complete sense for there to be a reveal tomorrow during the Direct. Not that it means we’re 100% getting anything, but tomorrow the update will probably be the character that is revealed during the Direct.

I mean, it makes too much sense. The Direct ends a little before 7 EST, the Blog gets updated a few hours later, and what else to update but the new character?

Makes too much sense.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I mean, child units practically evolve like pokemon, I don't think that in a world with dragons and wizards, gay couples would have any manner of a difficult time finding a kid. Like, it's fantasy.
It's, fantasy, sure, but that's not a reason to just have children suddenly appear from a gay marriage with no explanation. Even if it's a flimsy one like why the Fates kids grow up so fast.

Also you could just simply...not HAVE the child unit, as IIRC that's what happened if M!Corrin married Niles and the opposite way.
But then that would be gimping players who want their avatar to be in a gay relationship from also experiencing and using the avatar's child. People wouldn't be getting the full experience of the game just for picking what relationship they want.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
It's almost 2019. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect better representation from series this big.
It's Nintendo, don't act like Fire Emblem isn't the kind of series that would say "actually the baby was formed from the void due to the sheer love of the parents".
The latter point was one of the reasons the gay options in Fates were so poorly recieved. You're practically handicapping yourself gameplay wise if there's no child units. To quote someone on this board, it's a TRPG first and a waifu simulator second.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It actually just occurred to me, but it makes complete sense for there to be a reveal tomorrow during the Direct. Not that it means we’re 100% getting anything, but tomorrow the update will probably be the character that is revealed during the Direct.

I mean, it makes too much sense. The Direct ends a little before 7 EST, the Blog gets updated a few hours later, and what else to update but the new character?

Makes too much sense.
No wonder why it would be so late. So maybe Alolan Exeggutor is merely a distraction?

Considering that Rogue Legacy can make you control a guy with a different orientation and still somehow get a descendant anyway, game makers obviously don't want to get fussy about the details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom