• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So interestingly enough, one of the motion graphics animators over at Nintendo retweeted the direct.... and then made a separate post telling people to tune into it.
https://twitter.com/adambarenblat/status/1037495808940097536

I looked at his reel... he directed and animated the Prime 4 reveal trailer. Hmmmn.

EDIT: For context, he hasn't retweeted or promoted any of the other directs recently. He seems specifically keen on working on something for this one.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Unless Nintendo wants to make ****-giving magic and mpreg canon in Fire Emblem, it'd still be a plothole for, like, the avatar to suddenly have their child from a gay relationship.
Honestly Fates handled it so badly already with the deeprealm stuff where characters go on maternity leave in the hyperbolic time chamber that the whole mpreg thing wouldn't be much less believable.

But if you want child units from same-sex relationships in FE, then I think the solution would be to have "substitute characters" who were adopted, similar to what FE4 does for unmarried characters.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Unless Nintendo wants to make ****-giving magic and mpreg canon in Fire Emblem, it'd still be a plothole for, like, the avatar to suddenly have their child from a gay relationship.
?? How? All there'd have to be is a line after getting married saying something like: "After settling in, the happy couple adopted a child."

the dumbest part of the child characters in fates was not being able to get Nina and Kana if you gay married niles (Or just kana if you gay married Rahjat)

fortun8

Smash Cadet
It's Nintendo, don't act like Fire Emblem isn't the kind of series that would say "actually the baby was formed from the void due to the sheer love of the parents".
Also you could just simply...not HAVE the child unit, as IIRC that's what happened if M!Corrin married Niles and the opposite way.
*mumble grumble something something about henry fire emblem*

Iridium

Smash Hero
Please no! Not that creepy Yoshi ! Still haunts me... :evil:

Hey congrats btw Zinith!
Somehow, I first saw it when I watched Etika's video on it. The animations made me feel I way I shouldn't have. Either way, the backstory happens to be more confusing than it should be.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It actually just occurred to me, but it makes complete sense for there to be a reveal tomorrow during the Direct. Not that it means we’re 100% getting anything, but tomorrow the update will probably be the character that is revealed during the Direct.

I mean, it makes too much sense. The Direct ends a little before 7 EST, the Blog gets updated a few hours later, and what else to update but the new character?

Makes too much sense.
Wonder if that means only 1 reveal, or if there can be a few, and they'd save the rest for the following week.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, what's the point in questioning it anyways? If a game wants to have a same-sex couple with sone children, then they don't have to explain **** besides "they're happy".

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Was anyone else confused by how the obviously gay characters in Fates were unable to have gay relationships? I mean, there was a boy who wore pink and loved fashion and there was a girl who couldn't stop talking about how much she loved cute girls, but neither of them could be gay with anybody.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This thread moves so fast at even the slightest hint of news.

I'm still hoping for some Prime 4 stuff if possible. Not sure what to expect with Smash, but anything new would be cool.

That new boss from Mega Man 11 gives you a cool dash attack. Almost reminds me of Speed Burner from Mega Man X2.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What would need to happen for you to start actively disliking Yoshi?
Oh, the ship has sailed LONG ago on that one...

Maybe if he was depicted from here on out like he was in the SMW cartoon from 1991. I don't hate that depiction like everyone else does, but if THAT'S the only version I see of him...

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
?? How? All there'd have to be is a line after getting married saying something like: "After settling in, the happy couple adopted a child."

the dumbest part of the child characters in fates was not being able to get Nina and Kana if you gay married niles (Or just kana if you gay married Rahjat)
Adoption is always an option.

*mumble grumble something something about henry fire emblem*
Too bad I didn't pair Henry and Miriel. This would've probably made me laugh like a maniac.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Just ****ing yeet the children from the series. It was fun and relevant in Awakening, but it was dumb and shoehorned in Fates. And I say this as someone who enjoyed Fates mostly, except for the shoehorned children and the awful writing.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Medusa please and thank you.
Medusa is currently my most wanted character I would like to see! Kid Icarus could use a new character, especially a villain.. Especially Palutena's dark counterpart to match the Light vs Dark atmosphere already started with Pit and Dark Pit.. So now we just need Palutena vs Medusa.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Was anyone else confused by how the obviously gay characters in Fates were unable to have gay relationships? I mean, there was a boy who wore pink and loved fashion and there was a girl who couldn't stop talking about how much she loved cute girls, but neither of them could be gay with anybody.
Oh god, please don't remind me of the controversy around Soliel.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It actually just occurred to me, but it makes complete sense for there to be a reveal tomorrow during the Direct. Not that it means we’re 100% getting anything, but tomorrow the update will probably be the character that is revealed during the Direct.

I mean, it makes too much sense. The Direct ends a little before 7 EST, the Blog gets updated a few hours later, and what else to update but the new character?

Makes too much sense.

Oh thats a really good point, I didnt even think about the timing but that makes sense.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Was browsing 4chan, and someone posted a screencap of the "Banjo-Kazooie Medley" on the music page. Of course, it's fake and not there (which is why I'm not posting it to accidentally give people false hope). I'm of two minds--on the one hand, it's nice to finally see B&K gaining popularity with fake leakers. On the other hand, they give some people false hope for a cheap thrill.

But really, B&K's music in Smash would be absolutely amazing. We have David Wise's DK music. Now we need Grant Kirkhope's Banjo.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I have nothing to add to your quote except your profile is beautiful. I'm all for some Ridley propaganda!
:3 Why thank you~! xD I didn't expected that comment! It really took me by surprise! And it may be beautiful because...
61.png

*oldie drawing that pretty much summarize why it is xP*

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I remember Medusa being generally accepted as the most likely second KI character before Uprising actually released, and Palutena slotting in afterwards. Ol' Snake Hair hasn't gotten that much run since, but I still think she'd be a blast.
I remember once thinking Medusa was gonna be the one revealed during Bayonetta's initial reveal trailer. Sadly hadn't thought much of her since. I'd still want her in though.

D

Deleted member

So interestingly enough, one of the motion graphics animators over at Nintendo retweeted the direct.... and then made a separate post telling people to tune into it.
https://twitter.com/adambarenblat/status/1037495808940097536

I looked at his reel... he directed and animated the Prime 4 reveal trailer. Hmmmn.

EDIT: For context, he hasn't retweeted or promoted any of the other directs recently. He seems specifically keen on working on something for this one.
I SWEAR TO CHRIST IF TOMORROW I ACTUALLY CALLED METROID PRIME 4 I'M THE PROPHET.

Most people are saying they won't show Metroid Prime 4, but DARN IT, I'm a believer, and I bet BIG! Can only hope and see what tomorrow brings...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's, fantasy, sure, but that's not a reason to just have children suddenly appear from a gay marriage with no explanation. Even if it's a flimsy one like why the Fates kids grow up so fast.

But then that would be gimping players who want their avatar to be in a gay relationship from also experiencing and using the avatar's child. People wouldn't be getting the full experience of the game just for picking what relationship they want.
Fire Emblem is no stranger to locking out units.

We could even just have the units be adopted.

There are many solutions to this.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm honestly predicting not a specific character trailer, but a "larger" trailer that has a 2 or 3 characters in it.

It hasnt been done before, but of Smash is pressed for time during the direct, it may be the best way to convey information.

Keeping expectations in check though

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Was browsing 4chan, and someone posted a screencap of the "Banjo-Kazooie Medley" on the music page. Of course, it's fake and not there (which is why I'm not posting it to accidentally give people false hope). I'm of two minds--on the one hand, it's nice to finally see B&K gaining popularity with fake leakers. On the other hand, they give some people false hope for a cheap thrill.

But really, B&K's music in Smash would be absolutely amazing. We have David Wise's DK music. Now we need Grant Kirkhope's.
"Finally"

Oh...oh come on now. Where have you been.
Please this hurt to read as a Paper Mario fan, Quark my friend.

He's always been up there, even if it's just been the same identical 4 for a while now. Usually he breaks that mold every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom