• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was conflicted by what Game Freak decided to do with Torracat, but I have to deal with it (I love Dark-types, so...). However, I've seen great fanart on what could have been.
I mean. There's some great fanart of what is too, if you're into that kinda thing

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was conflicted by what Game Freak decided to do with Torracat, but I have to deal with it (I love Dark-types, so...). However, I've seen great fanart on what could have been.
We definitely need a fully bestial fire starter next gen. Incineroar was a break from the fire/fighting trend in letter but not in spirit.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Could incineroar be considered the most polarizing character in speculation at the moment? Many people seem to have strong opinions on incineroar as a character, both positive and negative. Could also be Shantae I guess.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Real question:

Who will die in tomorrow's reveal trailer?

Confirmed dead:
Mario
Mega Man
Luigi
Dedede

Maybe dead:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Samus
Please let Peach die from yeast infection caused by Toad’s spores so Toad can be a playable fighter.

And then the “Beware the Forest Mushrooms” music plays and Geno is confirmed too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, making that Nintendo Direct bingo card was fun (even if I had to make it twice because of a software crash ‾\_(ツ)_/‾)

I even downloaded the actual font Nintendo uses for their website (specifically the "Nintendo Direct [Date]" header).

It's called "Lato" and it's actually a free font. You can download it here.
Apparently, Lato's "fonts can be used without any limitations for commercial and non-commercial purposes." So I wonder if we could get it on Smashboards?

With that said, I must away, my bed beckons.

Be sure to quote or @ me if you use my Bingo Template, I want to see what people come up with.
NintendoDirectBingoNoipoi predictions.png

Most of these are character predictions.
Other possible characters I think could be revealed are Rhythm Heaven, Elma, Shadow, Geno.

We're definitely getting info on the online service.
We might get some Pikachu and Eevee info.
They might go into the online services NES games.
We might get some Animal Crossing 2019 stuff.
We are most definitely getting some things we don't expect.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Could incineroar be considered the most polarizing character in speculation at the moment? Many people seem to have strong opinions on incineroar as a character, both positive and negative. Could also be Shantae I guess.
I'd say so.

He's the perfect mix of:
recognizable
possible
liked/disliked in equal measure.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I have a request. Next time they act up about Samus, just quote this for me, because it's the truth:

People who aren't attracted to muscular women are cowards, get over yourselves and see the light.

Zero Suit Samus is extremely hot because she finally went back to her classic Amazonian physique from her classic games, like she should have been all along imo. She looks like an athlete who can break me, which is how I've always envisioned her.

Calling her "wrong" or "ugly" cuz you don't CORRECTLY fantasize about muscular women stepping on you with the heel of their foot and calling you garbage the whole time are factually incorrect.

And if you're concerned a character doesn't look "sexy" enough...c'mon, there's an entire world of R34 out there, just get off using that. Lots of artists still draw Barbie Samus, so just look around if you really "need" it.
If the mods can't stop them from talking about Samus' changed chest, maybe this will.

Iridium

Smash Hero
We definitely need a fully bestial fire starter next gen. Incineroar was a break from the fire/fighting trend in letter but not in spirit.
I mean, I guess the type-play on him being a heel was pretty clever, so I'll give them that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey everyone, I have a request. Next time they act up about Samus, just quote this for me, because it's the truth:

If the mods can't stop them from talking about Samus' changed chest, maybe this will.
Yeah, nah.

I'm uhh, not gonna do that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 162100
Most of these are character predictions.
Other possible characters I think could be revealed are Rhythm Heaven, Elma, Shadow, Geno.

We're definitely getting info on the online service.
We might get some Pikachu and Eevee info.
They might go into the online services NES games.
We might get some Animal Crossing 2019 stuff.
We are most definitely getting some things we don't expect.
I think you're doing Bingo wrong.

Chrono.

Incineroar feels like the most controversial character that at the same time feels very possible. So, yeah.

If he's in he could probably be in a Brawl ROB spot where he was initially disliked but people warmed up to it not long after

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

The topic was just dropped again but thanks for bringing it back up. :rolleyes:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After seeing K. Rool get his own theme, I'm really hoping everyone has their own unique theme and what we saw in the demo outside of newcomers was a placeholder. There are too many bangers that can be used.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean. There's some great fanart of what is too, if you're into that kinda thing
To be fair, evem legendaries that aren't supposed to have a sex like the Creation Trio + Arceus have those kinds of pics. The Pokémon fandom is... really creative.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Stay safe :(
Oh I’m fine. Thankfully I’ve never went through anything massive. Any place has its share of problem. Japan has hardly any violent crime like America does so there’s that. And drunk driving incidents are quite rare. Terrorist activities are virtually nonexistent. But they make up for it in earthquakes, typhoons, landslides, volcanoes, tsunami’s, and the occasional tornado.

Still though, it’s a very beautiful country. Here’s the view near to my house. Forgive me for the slab of concrete. It’s the edge of the parking lot at the community center where I teach english for adults Thursday nights.

04A3D5BA-509C-406C-BB83-3632F06403F7.jpeg

Well, we only have 23 hours left until the next direct. I haven’t kept up on any of the leaks or rumors but I’m looking forward to seeing some Smash (hopefully), Mario Party, Go Pikachu and Eevee, new Fire Emblem, Nintendo Online, and hopefully Metroid Prime 4.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Smash related stuff is fine, but I'm interested in what else they'll talk about
Pokemon Let's Go Yoshi.

Yoshi's Flipping Island

Yoshiblade Chronicles Y

Y-Zero

Star Yoshi: Grand Island

Yoshi Prime 4: Oviposition

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Incineroar feels like the most controversial character that at the same time feels very possible. So, yeah.

If he's in he could probably be in a Brawl ROB spot where he was initially disliked but people warmed up to it not long after
I could totally see people warming up to him; he's so full of personality, I can't see the majority of people hating him if he gets in tbh

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace

I like Incineroar too, for the same reasons you described, but I think he was still too close to the whole fire/fighting archetype for most. We need a completely bestial fire starter for Gen 8 so we can finally move on. :)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
All I want from the Direct excluding Smash would be the inevitable Animal Crossing switch. Don't know if it'll happen tomorrow, but I want it. Apart from that, maybe shocking surprises like Advance Wars (a new one, remakes, or whatever), the announcement of GameCube games coming to the eshop or something cool like that. Don't quite expect those though.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Peteh, we're in Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo Switch!
OH MAN, RICK WHAT IS THIS PLACE! JEEZ
W-WE'RE IN SUPER SMASH *burp* BROTHERS MORTY, L-LOOK OVER THERE, IT'S THAT FAT PLUMBER FROM THOSE *burp* VIDEOGAMES OF YOURS MORTY

Iridium

Smash Hero
All this Incineroar hate gives me life.
If he gets in, i'll see you all on the battle field.
View attachment 162105
Seriously though. Can anyone explains why he has to T-pose for Darkest Lariat? It's funny, but it looks weird.

I really do appreciate Incineroar though, but I'm not sure my main/secondary list could handle it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom